datsunfish

Sat September 19, 2009

10:00am to 4:00pm or later

Canterbury Care Center

1547 Sheridan Rd.

Bremerton Wa.

Datsun and all classic Japanese cars welcome

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My wife works for a non profit division of a retirement community in Bremerton. She runs a senior citizen care facility in the basement of a rather large old church building. It is a very nice place thanks to all of her hard work. There is a ton of parking space there and she said it would be cool to have a car gathering sort of gig. I think it would be cool for an end of the summer thing to have a Ratsun BBQ there. Whos down?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bremerton, home of the Bremalos :D, also the place of my birth. I'm in for a BBQ. Is it gonna be a BYO event, or are we gonna do a potluck kinda thing?

HA-HA-HA-HA! Have not heard that term in a lonnnnnnnng time:lol: This is why so many squids have there cars jacked up in the back. To handle the weight:lol::fu:

:fu: you Oregon Rats! We always have to come down there for all the shows:mad: I dont mean that in a bad way;) No I dont blame u. Its just a BBQ. We would love to have you tho:D We'll be lucky to get people from around here in the Puget Sound to come:blink:

We were thinking sometime in september. Saturday or sunday is a toss up. depends on what works for you all. I have a nice bbq/smoker and would be down to supply some meat and do some cooking. There really is a lot of parking and its not a private residence so it will be a semi-open to the public gathering. Datsun/Ratsun vintage import theme but drive by in whatever you got.

:fu: you Oregon Rats! We always have to come down there for all the shows:mad: I dont mean that in a bad way;) No I dont blame u. Its just a BBQ. We would love to have you tho:D We'll be lucky to get people from around here in the Puget Sound to come:blink:

Doug, you noticed my interest. And i would enjoy that drive, IF the seat in the 620 supported my back better. My seat is one of the things on my list to do.:D

Years ago i drove my old 74 620 to Aberdeen for the afternoon, That turned into a really long story/weekend. Fun drive though.

That is a long drive though for a BBQ.:D

So,at this point it looks like this will not be just an average humdrum bbq. Upon talking with my wife,and her confering with her boss, we are thinking of making it an event for the center. There are full facilities available and we will most likely be doing a brunch from 10-noon and a bbq 2-4. So it wont be necessary to bring anything but we will be asking for small donations for food. There is a 4 star chef for the brunch and I will most likely be doing the bbq unless they gather up someone else. This will be a Datsun related event but welcome to all forms of classic imports and open to the public. I will share all info as it gets put together but it is mostly certain that it will be on saturday september 19th rain or shine. Please feel free to share any suggestions. I think this will be a great event for us datto/classic import fans and a great way to bring some attention to this much needed center.

The place is on Sheridan off of wheaton way over the warren Ave bridge. No real updates to speak of but so far its a go and it should be pretty cool. There is a lower larger parking lot we will use for the day. it will be sectioned off for Datsun only parking and all other classic imports will have the rest. The upper parking lot will be for american cars or anything newer than..I dunno?83? What sounds good? 80? And yes 2 sobes for entry fee:fu:Just kidding. No entry fee as it is sponsored by a non profit organization but donations will be accepted and all will go to support the center. Official updates will be early next week...

I would go if I still lived in the area! Spent the first day of my life just down the street from your meeting place. :D

Warren Ave bridge- the "new" bridge as we called it...