kitsap county WA. ratto bbq?

datsunfish

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to all of you who made it out! Good to meet all of you that I havnt before and glad to see a few of you made a big trek to be there. I had a great time. The cruz was small but a nice drive. I cant believe i won the ratsun award but I am honored to have it in my posession.:D Cant wait to see them pics. Til next time kids:fu:

Thanks much for hosting this meet Dfish :) Was awesome to meet everyone there and check out some other sweet Datsuns and other cool rides! That Trophy is awesome, Gratz on winning! Hope to see you all again before spring! Only If I end up being able to afford new tires and not killing myself in the rain ;)

A good time today @ the first annual Kitsap Ratsun BBQ despit the weather.

Not to bad of a turnout. Some old faces and some new ones enjoyed some burgers and dogs. Some live music and a thrilling Ping Pong match:D The Hi-Lite of the show tho was Rat-Bastard:cool: At least thats my name for the Killer Trophy that DatsunNoob and Zuum510 made for the occasion. The trophy was awarded to DatsunFish and his Dime. Congrats and well deserved.

So with that said here are some pics. Up first is Rat-Bastard

BremBBQ024.jpg[/img]

BremBBQ030.jpg[/img]

BremBBQ031.jpg[/img]

BremBBQ035.jpg[/img]

BremBBQ037.jpg[/img]

BremBBQ027.jpg[/img]

BremBBQ026.jpg[/img]

BremBBQ022.jpg[/img]

BremBBQ021.jpg[/img]

BremBBQ009.jpg[/img]

BremBBQ010.jpg[/img]

BremBBQ011.jpg[/img]

BremBBQ013.jpg[/img]

BremBBQ014.jpg[/img]

BremBBQ016.jpg[/img]

Guest Rick-rat

Nice to see that Stacie showed up after we left, that is really a nice truck,

Wish we would have stayed for a while longer and missed the thrill of an ambulance ride and trip to the hospital for x-rays and a check out.

Pros and cons of my rear bumber

Pro, the truck is going to be fine after a little sanding and black paint.

Con, The heavy duty bumper absorbs no impact, it all went to my wife and myself

Pro, the bumper is the only damage suffered

Con, We will probably sore for a few days

Con, Nothing worse than a claustrophobic person i an ambulance suffering from a severe panic attack, strapped to a backboard with a horse collar on. The straps were feeling like a boa constrictor around my legs and body, and the horse collar felt like a noose around my neck, After about 15 minutes to get me settled down they put my wife in and we went to the hospital. We both hit our heads on the rear window and both have a slight headache, but no really severe injuries, just some sore muscles

Pro, The truck is an easy fix

We were rearended by a guy that was busier texting than driving, about a mile before this he almost hit us when we stopped for traffic, We were at a red light and some were letting others out of business driveways pull out onto the road, this guy was about 15 feet back still texting and noticed the left lane traffic moving so he hits the gas on his car without looking until he rammed my ass. He then was waving his hands for me to get the hell out of the way, I pulled over into a business place and he hauled ass. did not care at all about us, just got the hell out of there

Two different people came back to check on us after they caught up to him and got his license number and came back to see if we were OK and to give us the info they had. It was really nice to see complete strangers step up and see what they can do to help

Pro

Paco suffered no injuries, just a little stress when all these people showed up and were doing something to me and the wife

We are home and should be fine in a couple days.

Aside from that, a really good day

Looked like a fun time & you guys had a good turnout. Nice rides too. LOVE the Ratsun trophy...very kool. Holy crap Rick,,so sorry that happened to you. Hope they prosecute the A hole that hit you.

Edited by Pacific coast Datsun

Damn Rick! That sucks. What an asshole. Glad your both doing alright. Glad you could make it out but sorry it ended so poorly for you. You have a beautiful truck but we like you both more than any machine. I hope that douche bag does some jail time. Its cool people care enough to catch up with him and get some info for you.

Thanks for all the pics guys. Keep em coming.

That sucks Rick!! Glad you guys and Paco are unhurt for the most part, as well as the truck. Also glad to hear about people helping you out after the accident. Without the plate number/other info, you probably would be SOL.

I had a great time, it was nice to meet most of you. I am still having a hard time putting names to screen name, but it'll come with time.

That is shitty rick , glad it all turned out alright and you and the misses Are fine...truck can be fixed, people sometimes not so much..I drive a Big Truck all day and I see people doing crazy stuff all the time...

Ya Stacies truck is smooth, guess I just need to stup it up now, and do the big Audio set up...Na I kidd, he put alot of time and thought into that truck, look forward to seeing it on the show circut....He will do well....and deservitly so...

Sorry to hear about your accident and trip to the hospital Rick Rat, I hope you and the wife and Paco are doing AOK. Congrats to Datsunfish for winning the Rat-Bastard, it's a real work of art. Thanks very much to Ms. Datsunfish and the entire Canterbury Care Center Crew for your warm hospitality for the great BBQ and live music. That was my first Ratsun outing and my first time to meet any of the forum members, it was great to meet you and see your cars and get your stories and advice, as well.

Dan

Guest DatsuNoob

Damn sorry to hear about the incident and damage to the truck. Glad to hear you werent banged up too bad though. Thanks Ben for setting up such a fun meet/BBQ, it was good to see the rat rides and Stacey's 620. Bands were good too. I'm happy to hear people like the trophy, you deserved it. For me it was a hard decision, but that classy steering wheel and those wheels, paired with basic ratsun survival fixes, fuel fill block off, proudly displayed paint streaks and patina, and blended in primer made for in my opinion a great ratsun winner. Thanks again for hosting a fun meet.

yup again, thanks for planning the meet. I had a good time. So much car talk that I didn't get around to playing some pool.

I hope you feel better Rick. Consider getting some massage work done and use the PIP on your claim. Its really good for you in terms of long term healing, not just 'feeling' better for now.

I left my camera at my girlfriend's house. I'll pick it up tonight and get pictures posted that I took.

This picture confuses me...

BremBBQ026.jpg

What is up with the pedals?

One is for gas,one for brakes and the other is for clutch.:D JK I pulled out the auto tranny and dropped in a dogleg. The brake pedal is modified and the clutch is from a 620. The pedal on the passenger floor is a 510 clutch pedal but I need the 510 brake pedal before I go forth. Hope that helps.

One is for gas,one for brakes and the other is for clutch.:D JK I pulled out the auto tranny and dropped in a dogleg. The brake pedal is modified and the clutch is from a 620. The pedal on the passenger floor is a 510 clutch pedal but I need the 510 brake pedal before I go forth. Hope that helps.

Ha, I knew something was up.