Anybody seen this???

Edz280zx

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, even with the 7M, that car is disturbingly fast. Something like 400+hp. I watched him on the track a few years ago and he was blowing by *everyone* down the straightaways. The car makes a howl at WOT that gives you chills. It's all business, and no bling. Really nice guy too.

like it or not - the guys gotta be good $hit.

1) he did it himself

2) he did it differently

3) he drives it - street AND track.

thats a guy that deserves a thumbs up.

+1 on that. It really looks pissed off :eek:

I want to know where he got those flares, I am not sure if I like them enough to put them on my car, but it is tempting

They are zg flares unless I'm mistaken.

Idk why everyone sweats the 1/2jz. The 400+hp that 7m is making is the same 400 he would be making with the zj at half the cost.

I absolutely LOVE that goon, that and this guys bozo goon make me want one every time I see them.

Idk why everyone sweats the 1/2jz. The 400+hp that 7m is making is the same 400 he would be making with the zj at half the cost.

but from everything ive seen the jz makes that power more reliably i know a couple of supra guys and they ditched there 7ms because they were tired of fixing them after you tune them to a certan point things just start breaking the jz handles mods better

Ya I wouldn't go as far as to say the 7m is as strong or reliable but that depends on the power requirements. Having worked on the entire line of them I would say that -450hp the 7m built properly is just fine, under any conditions. You can even manage it on stock internals if you keep a good tune.

The 7m got a bad wrap because it was plagued with issues out of the factory, like the head gasket. It's a fine motor though, at the time the best japanese inline 6 in america and still to this day its in the top 5.

still to this day its in the top 5.

How many Japanese straight sixes are in America?

1. 2j/1j series

2. L24,26,28 series

3. 7M series

4. Land Cruiser engines

5. Whatever came in Supras before the 7m

6. ...

So, I'm going to agree with you- the 7m is absolutely in the top 5 Japanese straight six engines to come to America! :D

What a misinformed thing to post. How are you going to count engines like the 1jz and 2jz or the L24/L26/L28 as one? They are different motors. The 1jz isn't even USDM.

Datsun/Nissan alone has more inline 6's then posted there. 9 by my count.

L24 - 2 gens too high comp e31 and low comp e88

L24e

L26

L28e - 2 gens low comp n42 and high comp f54

L28et

LD28

LD28t

Yoda supra off the top of my head, 8 for supra alone.

4M-E

M-TEU

5-ME

5M-GE

7M-GE

7M-GTE

2JZ-GE

2JZ-GTE

I don't even get into the land cruisers because they were offered with like 30 different engines/variants.

Being in the top 5 of 40- engines is note worthy. I'm glad you agree with me :-).

Edited by 72240z

I spoke to Anthony about the engine choice after He swaped out the L28et , The 7mgte was relativley inexpensive to purchace and with ARP head bolts and a HKS head gasket the motors are capable of making the horsepower He was looking for. At the time the motor swap was done thw 2jz was a VERY expensive alternative, a few years ago I was blackflagged at Thunderhill on a Datsun track day for squeezing N20 on the straights (500 + rwh) and Anthony's wagon was the only car on the track able hang with mine. That wagon would put serious hurts on the vast majority of cars on this forum , it auto X's very well and should suprise the hell out of many a high dollar performance car in the freeway roll on.

The Cardomain site.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/674663

He designed and built the car himself - that should not be forgotten. What he needed - he MADE, and that's the best part for me and most guys on this forum.

This car is an evolution of ideas and available parts, and it happened over many years. It doesn't matter why he chose certain part, what matters is that he got it all to work. And work well! :eek:

I love this thing, it brings out the Mad Max in me every time I see it.

Byron

What a misinformed thing to post. How are you going to count engines like the 1jz and 2jz or the L24/L26/L28 as one? They are different motors. :-).

SOMEBODY is very passionate about straight six engines!! I generalized for the sake of brevity, but I sincerely apologize for insinuating that an L24 was the same as an L26, L28, and so on...

I have seen some very built 7m's, but they just seem... outdated? Same reason I will never run another L-series in any Datsun I own. Just my opinion of course- and what do I know? :P

I def have a soft spot for inline 6's lol. Just saying there any many to choose from.

Idk about out dated, the new vette still runs pushrods doesn't it? To me the 7m is a cheap usdm japanese inline 6 that's dohc, cheap and capable of good power and reliability. Would a 2jz with a 6 speed be better? hell ya but this is ratsun, most of us are on a budget lol. 7m is prob one of if not THE cheapest Japanese dohc inline 6 to take to 400+hp available.

The L series is still holding on, sohc isn't too bad but I really hate non cross flow heads and then on top of that it's like semi siamese too, just weird. Fact is though its the cheapest, easiest way hands down of getting 250-400hp into a s30. A bolt in turbo motor is like a gift from heaven. Us s30 guys are really lucky to have had that happen.

This is Ratsun, indeed! Having owned a few dozen Datsuns in my life, I can certainly attest to the "cheap power wins" mindset!

And please don't get me wrong- the L series, and all of the other old motors out there, certainly have potential for power.

And I'm DEFINITELY not knocking his choice of a 7m in that wagon- it's pure evil!!

As for pushrods... is there anything else in America besides the Chevy engine that still runs those things?! Datsun ditched them in the 60's!