the band the Datsuns

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure glad datsuns don't suck as bad as that band. :lol:

Oh yah! well thats just like your opinion man.:fu:

I think that song rocks!:cool: Ben (DatsunFish) lent me there CD about a year ago and I burned it and now its on my ipod. It brings a smile to my face everytime it comes up:D

Like a Mutha Fucka from Hell!:fu:

they are very industrial pop sound...i have torrented a few of there things

I'm sorry to disagree but industrial has been my main genre for years and there is nothing industrial about that band. It sullys the good name of industrial to say so lol.

That band is just like every other pop rock band that comes out now, no heart, no originality, cookie cooker, mas production band. People can like that, its fine, catchy mindless tunes have their place. Never the less it is what it is.

Edited by 72240z
I'm sorry to disagree but industrial has been my main genre for years and there is nothing industrial about that band. It sullys the good name of industrial to say so lol.

That band is just like every other pop rock band that comes out now, no heart, no originality, cookie cooker, mas production band. People can like that, its fine, catchy mindless tunes have their place. Never the less it is what it is.

yeah your right i just couldnt find a genre to put them in they are pop but a little heavier..the rest i agree with you on but i do like them just the same...but then i also like little willy by sweet

Sweet rocks! Datsuns rock! "The Datsuns" on the other hand, suck large mouse testicles. Give me Led Zeppelin or White Zombie anyday. (The first White Zombie album, arguably the best)

I always wanted to remake Black Sunshine to be "...the wheels of his Datsun exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45; true death; 400 hp of maximum performance, piercing the night; this is BLACK SUNSHINE!!!" :D

Oh yah! well thats just like your opinion man.:fu:

I think that song rocks!:cool: Ben (DatsunFish) lent me there CD about a year ago and I burned it and now its on my ipod. It brings a smile to my face everytime it comes up:D

Like a Mutha Fucka from Hell!:fu:

No :fu:

When you grow up you'll understand.

Well,well, we are all experts on bands now! Being a New Zealander i have to point out that any band out of NZ is not some mass produced cookie cutter product. It is really hard to make it as a band over there. I personally think this constant state of consumerism is to blame for the drop in the musical quality of bands available now. Bring back grassroots bands like the datsuns ,the black seeds (another shitty NZ band, don't forget Split enz, they suck large mouse testicles:mellow: The only polished band to come out of NZ was crowded house and they didn't do very well at all.

I am 37 and I dig um! Nothing totally unique by any means, but could have been much, much worse! The opening riff got repetitive to the point of annoyance after a while, but i'd rock the hell out of that driving my 521 down the road... uh... if it had anything but the stock Am radio.

Well,well, we are all experts on bands now! Being a New Zealander i have to point out that any band out of NZ is not some mass produced cookie cutter product. It is really hard to make it as a band over there. I personally think this constant state of consumerism is to blame for the drop in the musical quality of bands available now. Bring back grassroots bands like the datsuns ,the black seeds (another shitty NZ band, don't forget Split enz, they suck large mouse testicles:mellow: The only polished band to come out of NZ was crowded house and they didn't do very well at all.

Bias much? lol

A person doesn't need to be an expert to hear a band then know they sound like every other band that comes out lately, hence unoriginal, cookie cutter. I honestly don't care if they are from NZ or the moon because it doesn't matter. Music is what it is regardless of where it is from.

I personally blame the masses for the drop in quality. If people would stop swooning over garbage then producers would stop mas producing it, very simple.

Edited by 72240z
No :fu:

When you grow up you'll understand.

Just so you know,Doug aint no spring chicken. :lol:

I think the Datsuns are ok. Not the best and VERY similar to alot of the rock bands from the 70s. Good groovin tunes. I almost went and saw them a few years back but couldnt make it and I heard the show was lame anyways.

We all have different tastes in music and thats fine. Country music and rap make me want to puke but I like pretty much everything else though. I like grindcore and death metal. Say that sucks all you want and you are as correct as I am when i say country and rap suck. My 2 cents.

We all have different tastes in music and thats fine. Country music and rap make me want to puke but I like pretty much everything else though. I like grindcore and death metal.

Yes we all have our own tastes that true but that doesn't mean there isn't good and bad music. I don't listen to rap but there IS good rap and bad rap regardless.

For ex. Chuck Schuldiner was the greatest death metal composer ever to live, whether someone digs on death metal or not has no bearing on that :-).