What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

New brake pads for my maxima/ 200sx disc setup were dropped off by UPS and installed on the SAME DAY!?!?!?! When has that ever happened...

I went with the Porterfield R4-1 compound as a way to hopefully increase rear braking and reduce front lockup. Z32 with R4-S pads up front. We will see how it goes, gotta get them bedded in for this weekends auto-x on Saturday and Fun Run on Sunday. :thumbup:

Had to pull the front seats and the carpet to clean up brake fluid from the brake master cylinder leak. Front and rear driver side floorboard was soaked with fluid.Pulled the master cylinder to keep it from leaking into the car. Now need to get it rebuilt and figure out what to do with the carpet.

Put her back together...waiting for for some odds and ends before the motor swap.

Test fitted/installed new bumpers, gauge cluster, tail lights. She came together real nice, makes me not want to paint her....

Been driving for the past 4 days and loving it... :)

Amen.

I received this carpet kit the other day:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-510-1970-1975-BLACK-LOOP-CARPET-CRAZY-PRICE-/390607370910?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5af2037a9e&vxp=mtr

I haven't installed it all yet, but I test fit the driver's side floor piece and it seemed to fit pretty well though I'll probably have to relocate where my gas pedal is attached to the floor. I put it in place and it seems as though it should be fine, so no big deal.

The carpet looks to be pretty decent quality - loop style with padding and definitely heavier than some of the others being sold. The small piece that goes on the rear seat shelf isn't bound, but I don't think that's too big of a deal.

I'll add another post with pics when I've gotten it installed or at least all test fit but so far I'm pretty happy with it.

I finally pretty much got my carpet completely installed today and am pretty happy although I wish the rear piece was about 1.5" wider. The quality is pretty good as is the fit otherwise. I'd recommend this kit and I'll be contacting the seller to let them know it should be a little wider - better a little too wide than too narrow like mine.

carpetdriver_zpsffc2ba09.jpg

carpetpassenger_zps34125123.jpg

carpetrear_zps29e59795.jpg

"Installed" front speakers n tweets. F the custom fabed kick panel BS. Nothing a few zip ties and some handy dandy masking tape can't cure.
My ears hurt.

DatsunBluSpeakersDrivers4.jpg

Killed my first rabbit too.
He/she woulda made. But the lil' critter changed it's mind at the last second.
Bright side... An A arm got speed buffed.

Gotta start to rebuild a Holley 1850-2 Carb on my 64 Barracuda Formula S so I can get it out and get to work on the clutch master and slave, and breaks on my 70 Datsun 510. Then I can take it out clean it up and keep it running on my weekends. Then get that motor in my 72 510 and change it to a stick and have some fun running it.

Eddie

I wanted to do something about worn out window channel w/s so I took a trip to the local PnP and found some that fits just about perfect from an '85 Accord. I'm sure there are plenty of others that would fit, but I really liked how these worked. The rear pieces were about 3/4" too wide and had to be cut but having the 90* corners was nice.

Strip1_zps8210b84f.jpg

Strip2_zpsc71211c5.jpg

• Like 1

Hmmmm, fucked it up?

I decided to hit the Arlington PnP this afternoon and just before I got off the freeway I smelled that all-too-familiar metallic burning smell. I pulled off to the side of the road and sure enough one of my brakes had locked up and the caliper was smoking like crazy. It eventually released and I was able to limp home and now it's jacked up and I'll be ordering new calipers tonight. The good thing about all this is that I may have found something that's been contributing to how much my car sways:

Endlink_zps953bdcae.jpg

The nut on the stabilizer end link is barely on there and the upper rubber is totally missing. The other side isn't quite so bad but it definitely needs replacing as well. I feel stupid for not checking things underneath sooner but live and learn I guess.

Cut some inner fender out of the rear, was 99% done when a thunderstorm rolled through... Down poured!!! Lol. Should button her up tomorrow, ill snap a few pics

Needed about 1/2" more lower in the rear to level her out a smidge but she was rubbing a hair...needed like 3mm more clearance... Should be perfect now, crossing my fingers...