Mesh-71

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"More than I can afford"

New ECU is A LOT better, just can't get the timing locked at 20 and the idle is at 1900. 

sweeeeettttttt sorry about the delay ..blame datzen mike for banning me .....lol...... i did here the at ecu came with a higher idle but 1900 seems a little high .... lol ....hopefully timing will bring it down ...

Idle didn't jump around with the old ecu when she did idl (maf disconnected), I'll have to play with her tonight, try and get her "good enough" to start and get warmed up, found a few things doing some searching.  Everything seems to say adjust idle/timing after the engine is warmed up and the TPS is disconnected.  So I'll try to eyeball it, get her warmed up. Disconnect TPS, get timed properly, and adjust the idle, reconnect TPS and see if that fixes my issue. 

"Idle RPM With throttle position sensor disconnected: 600-700 (Automatic transmission/transaxle in Neutral)"

One good thing, is remember we couldn't get her to rev past 3,000-4,000 rpms, she is going past that now, and the throttle blipping doesn't stall her out, just hiccups like the timing is off.

sweeeeettttttt sorry about the delay ..blame datzen mike for banning me .....lol...... i did here the at ecu came with a higher idle but 1900 seems a little high .... lol ....hopefully timing will bring it down ...

It's all good man,  I was more worried about me fat fingering your paypal.  I've been known to fat finger things before lol.  Like once with my wife, I meant to type out "you are the light of my life, I love you so much", but fat fingered it and accidently typed out "You bitch, you ruined my fucking life!!!".  It's amazing what a little slip can do lol.

The idle cam back down after driving her a bit, maybe the ECU was just learning, but she would still jump over 1000 rpm after blipping the throttle sometimes, and she still doesn't like being blipped.  She isn't humming like Aretha Franklin, but she's singing better than Courtney Love.  There may be a vacuum leak some where.  I need to get rid of my ghetto intake and buy a better one.

That's progress!!!

Yup definitely a step in the right direction lol.  going to load up the wheels and gas can tonight, hit up one of the cool "good" tire shops on 6th ave for "new" tires and get some fuel.  Think I may have to raise the front 1/4-1/2" lol.

Yesterday....

Went to get some gum (go for a ride).

2 miles from home. 20 miles on new UniFilters.

Throttle stuck? WOT no matter what. Shut her down hit hazards scratch head.

Scratched more. 30 minutes... still WOT.

Took her home. Riding breaks all in 5th when not coasting or roll starting.

Got home. Neighbor started it and I jimmied with cable.

Took off one of 4 filters. Yellow inner sock part top jammed down in butterfly valve.

eBay refund commenced... Thanks technotroy peeps.

Today...

Ordered clutch slave cylinder and blue dot4 juice.

No overnight shipping :(

No gum. No rides.

Sad

Wen't to do the brakes on the dime as I heard some metal on metal action in the rear. fuck the what?!?

IMAG0181_zpsbb7dbd6e.jpg
IMAG0180_zpse8a67417.jpg

Oh and cuz it's insanely nice weather.  Nothing like cracking open a cold one while turning some wrenches....

IMAG0179_zps041b1608.jpg

and this too....

IMAG0182_zpse02b19ca.jpg

I took her around the block for the first time in 7 years of ownership, still need tires, registration, insurance, rear bumper and bleed the clutch, she was mushy and going all the way to the floor, needed to be pumped once or twice to be able to shift gears. 

If all goes well, we'll have our 510 rolling by POTD as well..... that's two dimes rolling to meets for the first time in 7ish years.... :w00t:

And, just for the sake of staying on topic..... it wasn't today, but we got this finished last Saturday.

BeforeAfter510floor_zps6497b301.jpg

Im using Minty as a truck... packing her full of shit and moving apartments. 

There was a moving company moving some stuff into a neighboring apartment. I was loading up the car with stuff and one of the movers was chatting me up about the car. He asked me if I was moving and I said yes. He asked if everything was going in the Datsun... I said if it will fit as Im trying to stuff a smaller bookshelf into the back. Guy was like Im a pro and that wont fit man. So I ripped out the bottom of the backseat and the bookshelf fit perfect. 

Eat that "pro."