What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

which beach? I love the beaches up there. now i just gotta get my dime out to the beaches down here!

it was hot as f so i went to dillon beach to cool off a bit. awesome drive and clear skies.

• Like 1

that's the one of the best drives around up there...never got a chance to take the dime out

it is a nice drive. can't wait to take it when i get the suspension done up on the dime.

Well yesterday, got my VW radiator mounted, and the cheap/easy mod of turning the side markers into blinkers.

Hopefully can get the ebrake setup today.

I read a how-to on the blinker mod years ago on 510 again i think. i didn't really search yet, but would you mind sharing the mod? I've always wanted to do that.

it is a nice drive. can't wait to take it when i get the suspension done up on the dime.

I read a how-to on the blinker mod years ago on 510 again i think. i didn't really search yet, but would you mind sharing the mod? I've always wanted to do that.

Its in the first DQ issue, page 7

https://docs.google....DM1MjMwMzVjMDIz

It doesn't tell you how to do the back, but it is the same concept. I took the ground from the side marker and tapped it into the Green/black (and Green/red for the other side) of the turn signal. Still lights up like a side marker, but blinks when you hit the turn signal. Just have to be careful with the screws, two of my lights were grounding through the screws to the body, so like the article mentions I may grab some nylon screws, or figure something else out.

Tried to grab a video of it, shows the blinkers all blinking and then I turn them off with the blinkers still on to show that they aren't just screwed up lol. I did upgrade my flasher to do this. Click the picture and it will take you to the video.

th_010C7E4A-DD75-441A-8C1C-E29E14C3D812-43884-00001CBD5ADA3D60.jpg

My McKinney mounts came in. I bought a set of rubber isolators to try out on the KA. Put one in, half the vibes went away. I am going to swap out the other Poly mount and drive it for a bit and see if it allows too much movement (shouldn't). I just don't want the 2.25" exhaust to rattle in the stock rear 510 crossmember. We shall see =D

Starting the door panel process again. This time doing things how I actually want to do.

Picked up some ABS sheet, eh still trying to figure out how to best plan everything. I think I need a little more for the piece on the hatch.

IMG_0656.JPG

Glossy side:

IMG_0657.JPG

Textured side:

IMG_0661.JPG

And a piece of clear whatever, so that I can hold it up to the door and mark where the holes are exactly:

IMG_0664.JPG

Inside is still under construction. I had this bad boy sitting for almost 18 years. So finally decided to start working on it and getting it running. Took me about 3 months to replace some parts to get it running. But it runs now and even got it registered, FINALY! I still have a lot of work to do, but slowly its coming along. Hope you guys like the pictures :)

Picture011.jpg

and a picture of the motor :)

Picture017-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...