810!

Damn the 810 coupes are popping up everywhere but there mostly in this shape. Technically the 810 coupe is called (810 hardtop), under the vinyl top is were most of rust must be. I been wanting one even before I got my wagon I'll get one eventually, where is Odessa is that still northwest or Midwest?

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean they MOVED IT?!!!!

Sorry-couldn't resist .I love the part about running good as it hasn't run in years.

Lol I didn't know where that place was anyway I figure had to be someone Midwest but Texas that's far.

Yeah the hole running good but not in years is funny.

Really? Well what do you call that thing in front of the rear side windows, and behind the rear roll down windows?

I call it a C-pillar. Because that's what is is.   :rofl:

So any hardtop with a window in the C-pillar is now not a hardtop?  :confused:

And I guess that means the  B210 and B310 hatchbacks have an A-pillar, a B-pillar, a C-pillar, and a D-pillar?   ^_^

I will.But even around here they've dried up.Last two were 'Goons.The Coupe,i had to go to Phoenix for.

It's already hard enough to see the ones on CL that need tons of work and it's hard not to just wanna buy it to save it! Once I'm done paying this debt I'm down to really start looking!

I call it a C-pillar. Because that's what is is.   :rofl:

So any hardtop with a window in the C-pillar is now not a hardtop?  :confused:

And I guess that means the  B210 and B310 hatchbacks have an A-pillar, a B-pillar, a C-pillar, and a D-pillar?   ^_^

I guess that kind of depends on what you consider a pillar. Normally it is an uninterrupted piece of metal in between two pieces of glass with bracing for the roof. (FYI, Yes a separation in a split rear window is also a pillar.)

Really didnt want to drag on a conversation on what a hardtop actually is. Just saying in passing. They are still hardtops because the rear window rolls down uninterrupted from the front. But they have 6 pillars total, 3 per side. Its pretty damn cool that they are a 3 pillar hardtop imho.

Since I have never been in a B210 hatch back, I am going off of assumption here, but if that small black piece in the back between those two pieces of glass has any support member for the roof inside of or behind it, then yes, actually B210 do have an A, B, C, and D pillar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the 810 is down for now head gasket and pretty much every gasket are bad I been throwing the air to either rebuilt the L24E or go down another route. If I keep the L24E or if I find a cheap L28 I might go for some upgrades nothing too special or if I chose to go to another route I might go RB but in all seriousness I would need to do rack and pinion and steering column no way even a L28ET would fit without doing this even less an RB. Obviously I wanna have it ready and running by the time Canby comes by!

• Like 1

Hey guys, i dont own a 810 but Im trying to buy the one from wisconsin for $1400, but i have some questions. What do you guys think of that car? I meant the price, the owner said needs a fuel pump and some bodywork. Should I pay what he is asking? Or should i make some lower offer? Im from chicago and the car is located 6-7 hrs from me, so i wanna make an offer before i go and dont waste my time. Thanks for your help

Hey guys, i dont own a 810 but Im trying to buy the one from wisconsin for $1400, but i have some questions. What do you guys think of that car? I meant the price, the owner said needs a fuel pump and some bodywork. Should I pay what he is asking? Or should i make some lower offer? Im from chicago and the car is located 6-7 hrs from me, so i wanna make an offer before i go and dont waste my time. Thanks for your help

First things first Datsun 810 Coupe (Hardtop) very hard to find parts for but not impossible but very close. What I seen in the pictures car looks pretty straight besides obvious body work that it needs and the price isn't a bad price me honestly wouldn't pay $1400 since it's primered but interior looks decent I think anything $1000 or below is fair price they just don't bring much value sadly since there's not many around and there not common cars to come across. Just remember "rare doesn't make it worth more" so if the owner try's that line then why hasn't it been sold already. If the car was a lot closer to me I would have tried my best efforts to buy it! Best of luck and make sure to give it a good test drive and inspect it for rust since there known to rust pretty badly.

• Like 1