810!

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

question? My 810 ran good but had a bad exhaust leak, I had the manifold gasket fixed and the leak stopped and now she is rough to start and randomly cuts off after hi revs when you are attempting to stop? Any ideas. Also does anybody know where there is a good write up on doing the rear end swap from a 280 to get the disc brakes. I have something that randomly rattles in the rear end and I would like to do the whole swap when I change the rear end out. 

here is a new pic about my precious. B)

i'm still confused what kind of Datsun this is! :blush:  its plate says PL810, "officially" it's a 180B. I think this was made in early '77, it has an L18 engine, and I think has short wheel base - sooo is it closer to a 610 Bluebird than a 810 Maxima?

Am I correct about that?  :blush:

971578_184773235015366_689627160_n.jpg

• Like 2

It's still considered an 810 as they made short & long nose 810's just rebaged in other contries with different engines.

what i meant by 610 similarity is that eg. the dash isn't like the 810 maxima (or i don't know how to call the US version properly) but like an (US?) 610.

i'm just saying this, because it can be really strange when i want to buy parts for renewal...  :blush:

It's easy. Remove the four bolts holding bumpers to brackets. There's two more bolts on each bracket. Remove you'll see a small Phillips head remove that air comes out push the shocks in and do that in reverse and its golden. Enjoy the new look of the bumper being closer to the body.

I went to Nissan today and got some printouts of the front suspension because I wanted to see if they still source any bushings for the front suspension, my suspension doesn't feel bad but I'm sure it's worn out bring 30+ yrs old figured I would also try to get the alignment done its slightly off. I post pics later today after I get off work or tomorrow morning.

Also never I wish a lot of the 810 owners from hybridZ would come here if most of them have there 810 still there was 4 810 2dr owners there.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/65097-project-datsun-810-has-begun/

• Like 1

Hey guys thanks for all your help, I sold my 810 to a lucky fella in Virginia Beach for $2000 (without the new wheels and tires or extra parts). Anyone need a new 810 radiator for $75 or remanufactured master cylinder for $50? Anyway, I'll be around the site with my new Datto, a 1980 720 (with aftermarket stepside bed!).

Hey guys thanks for all your help, I sold my 810 to a lucky fella in Virginia Beach for $2000 (without the new wheels and tires or extra parts). Anyone need a new 810 radiator for $75 or remanufactured master cylinder for $50? Anyway, I'll be around the site with my new Datto, a 1980 720 (with aftermarket stepside bed!).

It's what we do we help with what we know, the guy who bought the 810 from you is a member should being seeing a lot of progress on the build thread!

@archetype. Have you come across a sedan parts car by any chance? Shit I'm less than two months away from a year long search. I'm dragging my feet with doing anything further at this point. Besides painting the patch panel black im not doing anything else. It's back to old man sedan daily and its looking like thats all.