810!

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice is it a parts car or driver?

It's a driver but as you see the body needs work as well as the interior I tried to make the guy come down on the price but he won't budge the last time I tried to buy it.

Hey also found your buddy Shannon the one with the 810 sedan on Datsmo's FB page.

• Like 1

Anyone have any thoughts on using the front bumper, grill and headlights from a 620 pickup on a 79 810? Keep in mind that my grill and one headlight bucket were smashed by a truck tow ball backing up into it, so it needs to be replaced anyway. I found a 620 parts truck locally that I can get the parts from really cheap. Just by looking at pictures it looks like they are at least similar widths and I don't mind modding it a bit to make it fit. I am really just wondering if anyone had seen this done?

No it's never been done I've seen a 620 grill on a 510 before it fits bit the lights did not line up it didn't fit the body style. Why not get a new grill And light bezels? Member xlr8r is selling a earlier 810 grill and light bezels 77-78 it's the same grill and light bezel as the one I have on my 79 810. Just get the lights from the 620 and your set since the 810 lights are 5"3/4.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/55148-misc-items-roof-rack-810-parts-greddy-z32-calipers-r200-diff-etc/?do=findComment&comment=915063

Awesome, good looking out. I texted the guy with the grill and bezels so we will see about that.

So, I will get the front bumper and headlight buckets from the 620. I think that tiny 620 bumper will look way nicer than the stock 79 turd. I know it probably isn't a direct swap, but it shouldn't be too hard to fab some brackets to work.

Im sure the 620 grill & bezel is one piece, xlr8r has everything you need to change over all you really need is the actual headlights all 4 of them. You can probably get away with square headlight bezels you have and just use the 77-78 810 grill might fit plus I would look different.

620 bumpers are probably one of the best fits it also fits the lines of the 810 also look for chevy nova bumpers those are pretty close. Too bad

We never got the nice and smaller bumpers from japan & uk those are really nice. If you look back on the pages you will see a lot of pictures I've uploaded.

No its not, every part I ever ordered for a customer 1st gen maxi was under "810 Maxima", even from the dealer. It was a crossover model its fairly obvious, yes the bod code was 910, EVERYTHING else was 810, where I come from 6 of one beats 1 of another lol.

You literally have to say you know more then nissan, the gov, every parts dealer etc... to call it a 910. You guys are welcome to do that too all I said was I didnt agree. 

the 1981-1984 datsun 810/nissan maxima IS a datsun 910 in every country except the united states. its a very well known car, its called a bluebird 910, so actually searching for that as opposed to maxima or 810 will render you many more parts from many more sources.

there are only 2 differences between other countries 910's and our maxima, 3.9 inches longer in the hood engine area, and l24 engine. so if you prefer to call it an 810 that works too, but here is the only place they called it that. and actually your only saying you know as much as nissan by calling it a 910, but more than the government.

i prefer to call mine a bluebird 910 since I have an 84'

It makes it real confusing for a lot that the badge on the 81-82 Datsun Maxima had "810 Maxima" but in reality in other countries it was the 910. I just consider it the Datsun Maxima.

But this is the 810 post and I have always wanted the mods to make a 810 section for us since it gets really cluddered up in the other Datsuns & nissans.

IMAG0660_zpsa1bdc202.jpg

IMAG0658_zpsc0a86472.jpg

IMAG0671_zps20d27092.jpg

IMAG0681_zps648038a1.jpg

IMAG0685_zpsead300d2.jpg

IMAG0686_zps1e9287b9.jpg

IMAG0695_zps55ee5c16.jpg

Next time I need to use a camera

Very nice 810.  The US is a strange market, many cars of different brands all over the world were called the same, but in the US market names were changed.  Still happens today. When I go overseas I see cars badged differently than what they are badged over here.

:thumbup:  :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting some nasty fumes in the cab and its making me get dizzy lol. Where are these cars likely know to leak from? On a side note I think I found out why my parts wagon was parked years ago. The water passages are completely plugged up with dirt and I pulled a 6inch long metal coil out of the lower outlet. The og owner wrote the compression down on the intake 170 and 160 psi across the board. I don't like throwing away money so I want to pull the head before its scrapped. Besides electrical components what else is worth holding onto?

Check for a fuel leak could be very small, maybe one of the fuel lines is got a hole or something.  Could also be a exhaust leak my 810 has a leak somewhere I get that fume smell when I first start the car and when I'm driving it but I have no leaks on the engine.  Might also be time to start replacing a lot of those 30yr old vacuum lines and fuel lines, check out the Z-Car section and look at what DTP is doing to his 280zx turbo he has a lot of detailed pics and is replacing a lot of old crap under the hood.

Grill, light bezels, dash (if its in good condition), tail lights, all the trim, turn signal lights, what ever is still good shape save it, clean it and sell it.  Intake could be something to save and the afm with the air box those are rare to find.  Just think of what you would be looking for its more than 90% chance someone would be looking for it somewhere on here or CL.  I've had a lot of Z parts and sometimes you get someone that needs that little part and make yourself some gas money or what not.

I hate to see any 810 get scrapped but like me I can't hold onto parts cars, unless I had a big property and a shop to bring it back to life.

Ill have to check in to DTP build. I saw it when he first got it the 280zx style is really growing on me.

I didnt think I would scrap a Datsun either but its so damn fun B)

@Archetype, Your probably like me and would be happy with a yard full of cars to use. I would make the wagon into a v8 4x4 bug out vehicle.

I like the little Grant wheel I got. Real basic in the looks department but the leg room is nice.

I like the little Grant wheel I got. Real basic in the looks department but the leg room is nice.

Can you get a picture of yours? I still haven't installed mine. The stock wheel has kind of grown on me even though it looks funny when I get in and out of he car.

Looks good, kinda looks similar to mine. I will warn you disconnect the battery first I made the stupid mistake to take the horn bottom off mine. The spring is the biggest PITA a small long screw driver will help get it into place. I literally was driving with my horn blasting lol very embarrassing!

• Like 1

Ill have to check in to DTP build. I saw it when he first got it the 280zx style is really growing on me.

I didnt think I would scrap a Datsun either but its so damn fun B)

@Archetype, Your probably like me and would be happy with a yard full of cars to use. I would make the wagon into a v8 4x4 bug out vehicle.

Heck man if I had welding skills and more engine knowledge I would be making some bad ass Datsuns!

280zx's do grow on you just with suspension and wheels makes the biggest appearance difference on it. Some 17x9.5 Rota RBR's are some of the nicest wheels on 280zx's or watanabees fuck any deep dish wheel looks good on them.

Make sure your cowl stays clean and do the window mesh so leaves can't get in again. Take off the door covers and clean the inside of the doors make sure the drain plugs are clear. Maybe do bed liner in the inner doors where the water drains through. The moldings over the doors clean out the water channel and reseal. That should take car of the areas likely to continue rusting.