620 coilover mounts

BEEBANI

im interested in a setup like this for my 620! are there some coil overs that are more for a smaller budget or do i have to go Sanitys route and spend the $500??

You could look into some circle track coilovers.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

outta stock at the moment, working on getting the parts made and should have some ready in the next couple weeks.

the new place I'm working at has a laser and a full machine shop at my disposal, so I'll be able to do way more than I was able to before

cheers, could you please message me when you have a kit ready to go.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Could you ellaborate on this please

Sprint cars and the like all use coilovers these days and sometimes you will find off brand stuff cheaper through race shops. You can also get used shocks thru race classifieds which can also lower your costs.

Just and example, you will want to do your own research for your budget and needs.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/search-threaded-shocks.html

BEE, glad to hear your working again, hadn't realized you were :cool:

2eDeYe' date='20 July 2011 - 02:30 PM' timestamp='1311197422' post='516047']

Sprint cars and the like all use coilovers these days and sometimes you will find off brand stuff cheaper through race shops. You can also get used shocks thru race classifieds which can also lower your costs.

Just and example, you will want to do your own research for your budget and needs.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/search-threaded-shocks.html

BEE, glad to hear your working again, hadn't realized you were :cool:

well I was, until last week....fuckin' unemployed again...super gay!

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Would these work if I were to raise my shock towers at the same time or would it not be necessary with the coilovers?

I have about 2"-3" of drop right now and I'd like to keep that.

Also, I currently have a kingpin setup but am planning a disc brake ball joint upgrade in the future. Are these specific to either?

I have 2 different upper arm designs for the ball joints, one that is specifically designed to clear coilovers. The nice thing about coilovers is the various different body sizes and spring sizes to accomodate just about any drop. You shouldn't need to raise the towers to keep the drop you have.

Awesome!

So my other question is are you still making your custom UCA and LCA's to convert to the hardbody spindles?

I'm planning a swap for summer and saving my pennies in the meantime. I'd love to ditch my tortion bars, and switch to disc/ball joint front end all at the same time.

Awesome!

So my other question is are you still making your custom UCA and LCA's to convert to the hardbody spindles?

I'm planning a swap for summer and saving my pennies in the meantime. I'd love to ditch my tortion bars, and switch to disc/ball joint front end all at the same time.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

hey so quick question, theirs a thread where with a KAdet bottomed out with 400lbs springs bu he still has the toirson bars. will the toirson bars cause the springs to compress if they are still on there? I comented that he needs to remove them if he was going coilovers.

im woundering cause im going KA-ET and also have 400 springs and if they are bottoming out i should go ahead and go up on the springs.

Ed "sanitys" on here used 400# springs with his ka24e setup he did on his '73 and it worked well. The whole point of coilovers is to remove the torsion bars. If Al still has them on his truck then he needs to remove them. The other important thing to remember is the 20 degree minimum mounting angle that QA1 recommends for their shocks. If the shocks are too close to being straight up and down it causes the leverage to work incorrectly thus causing the springs to collapse prematurely. I've seen 350# springs work well with an L-series motor under the hood, so there's no reason 400#'ers wouldn't support a ka.

On the other hand, I wonder if Al's truck with the turbo, intercooler, dual cam, piping, etc. is that much heavier?

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...