620 coilover mounts

BEEBANI

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Either your truck is not a 76 or someone has swapped in the later style ball joint setup. The ball joints weren't OE until 1978. Depending on how the swap was done, custom parts or frame swap, there could be a can of worms there. You may need to investigate how it was accomplished further. The ball joint front is easier for packaging the coil overs though.

• Like 1

From what i see, my upper control arm looks to small for a coil over to go threw. Looks like i am going to fab up my own upper control arms.

They are to small. Need custom one. Bee's making some for me now. Get a hold of him or make your own,

• Like 1

aaa111_zpsaaaf098f.jpg

I have a 1976, my arms look like this. 

Did you do this?

Did you buy it this way?

Has the truck ever been driven with this setup?

If this is actually an unmodified kingpin truck, you cannot just bolt stock 620 hardware on and expect it to work, the upper control arm is to short for one thing, and the upper balljoint is in the wrong position.

I have done all this a long time ago, it was actually a pain in the arse, it can be made to work, but takes a few modifications.

I personally will never do it again, I have had the upper control arm bolts on the driverside break several times while driving the truck, needless to say it was not an enjoyable experience having the frontend drop out from under me just because I touched the brakes.

Either the upper control arm needs to be lengthened, or the lower control arm needs to be shortened.

• Like 1

Wayno.  The picture above is of my truck. Not his, he's using it to show what his looks like.

Looks to be a ball joint/frame setup.  Might of had a un documented frame swap at on time if being a '76

20130722_121406_zpsf9aa5244.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

What spring rates are being used, and spring OD?

The idea of losing the torsion bars, to open up the exhaust area, not to mention making more room to pull the trans is quite enticing.

Never mind, found where I hd missed the info on the first page

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...
3 hours ago, dadson_project said:

Hey Bee, are you still producing the UCAs and LCAs for a 73 ball joint conversion? Looking to get rid of the kingpin set up and convert along with disk. 

Unfortunately there is a good chance he is no longer making things.... I see nothing from him on ebay anymore and have not seen him here in a while....

Disk brake conversions are out there by silvermine 

https://www.silverminemotors.com/collections/datsun-620-520-521-310?page=1

Not sure about a solution for coilover brackets or the control arms

14 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

Unfortunately there is a good chance he is no longer making things.... I see nothing from him on ebay anymore and have not seen him here in a while....

Disk brake conversions are out there by silvermine 

https://www.silverminemotors.com/collections/datsun-620-520-521-310?page=1

Not sure about a solution for coilover brackets or the control arms

Awww dang, ok, I have the connections for getting a billet UCA or lca made. I wanted to know if he had the dimensions or design made so I can buy off of him and have them made 

• Like 1

Mike is also no longer building anything. I have the information necessary for you to perform this work yourself. If I had to build these for sale, no one could afford them. Modifying the D21 LCA's is not a simple task. Bending and welding the parts for the uppers is also a full afternoon of work. You still need to source 720 2wd cross shafts, and D21 spindles with hubs.

20230129-113913.jpg

received-660086832478667.jpg

Edited by Wildcat Walker