Rubbermans 620 KC

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, kudos man! That frame turned out perfect! I'm super glad you got it man otherwise it would have just been wasting away like the many others... It's looking pretty sexy from here! Did you sand blast the whole thing? What paint/coating did you end up using?

Thanks, hey Ez I only have it sanded and painted alittle over half way back. I stripped her down and wire wheeled it then put some rust kill on it before I painted. I'm gonna drop the rearend, get it sanded and painted, then take the rearend thats already done off the other frame and slap her on. Man, so far she's turning out great, knock on wood. It'll take me a couple days to get the frame sanded, painted, and the rearend on. I'll get some more pics up then. The gas tank is mounted different from the 77 to the 78,79. 77 it's monted to the bed, 78-79 it's monted on the frame. I'll figure that out when I get to it.

• 3 months later...

Thanks Sanity, under the weather today, docs got me on some new cholesteral medicine, crap makes me sick. But, enough whining, I'm gonna try and get the cab painted tommorrow. Not gonna waste the paint in the bed cause it's getting rhino liner (or whatever is best) Then I can do the fun stuff, putting the finishing touches on her. I'll keep posting pics.

Thanks Bonvo, barely have time for this one. Here's a pic of the inside and some pics of a mirror and light setup out of a pathfinder. Made some mounts and it fits nicely. Got a new headliner going in so just have to make a few extra cuts. Never can see crap with those old interior lights so this is a good little upgrade. Ran constant power from a new fuse box. I'll still have the original in the back.

Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Edited by Rubberman

Thanks for the compliments. Not sure of the brand on the paint. It's the 4-2-1 enamel. Our local Napa store mixes paint and whatever they use is what I got. I am gonna have to buff her up. Got some small dust bunnies. Got the hood finished up tonight. Starting to get some small items back on. I'll try and get some pics up in a bit when I'm done..

Thanks Farmer. I have a new headliner and started to put it in last night, and I screwed up and put the 1/4 glass windows in already. I just couldn't wait to see how the rubbers would work out and went ahead and had put them in without thinking ahead. So now I'm gonna have to remove them and get them back in as good as I have them now. I've got a thread on here somewhere about using new 74 VW van windshield rubber for the 1/4's. Worked good, just hate redoing something I've already done. Well here's some pics.

Picture019.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Got the 1/4 glass back out and put the new headliner in, damn what a pain in the arse. I used contact cement on all the edges and clamped the piss out of it. Got a couple small wrinkles, but I can smooth them out after it sets. For right now, I'm not touching it. I've done a standard cab along time ago, but this KC was a tuffy, for me at least. Here's some pics.

Picture024.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture027.jpg

i like the fat mat you used!!! its good shit and not too expensive i have some im saving for my truck, i used it in my silverado for my stereo, looking good man!! i have got to see this thing in person

Thanks Bonvo, barely have time for this one. Here's a pic of the inside and some pics of a mirror and light setup out of a pathfinder. Made some mounts and it fits nicely. Got a new headliner going in so just have to make a few extra cuts. Never can see crap with those old interior lights so this is a good little upgrade. Ran constant power from a new fuse box. I'll still have the original in the back.

Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg