NEW ART- 04/09 1958 Datsun1000 Ol Skool Dreamin

New art! Finally!

Some of you know I've had a craving for some fenderless datto ol skool action. But getting a pre war datsun in the US is almost impossible. And fenderless doesn't look right on most US Datsuns.

So I checked into what and when export datsuns had a solid front axel, (way more tradiditional than IFS) and my man Purple let me know the 58 and 59 210 did. And it got even better when I took the fenders off. So I revisited the '58 210 and took it a new direction. It is amazing how close it is to the '36-'37 era ford humpback.

THis is pretty stock believe it or not (not the engine of course!). I didn't even lower it much. Even the front parallel leaf springs are on one. You'd have to cut the frame and extend it forward a foot or so and add frame horns. The grill is a Ford, but if you could get a hold of a pre war JDM grill and lights, you'd be set!! A total Japanese Ol Skool Rod.

Big props to Purple on this. He sent me shots of the front axel and even had a fenderless shot on his photobucket so I could see how the firewall sort of looks.

I think this would be my ultimate Datsun. I gotta have one! Who wants to sell me one?

Iceman, sell me yours! In fact, give me a price for y'all to do all the work and then sell it to me!!!!!:)

datsun-1958_1000or210.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats awesome. definitely one of the few cars that could pull off the look.

you definitely should put a calender out for '10. i would be down for preordering 3 of them along with probably quite a few other members to help with getting the initial cost of printing them. i am totally serious about that and would love to have a calender with that art on it.

Sweet, I had acually thought about doing this when the front end was off. I have a model A shell and a Hupmobile shell. But I think a 37 Ford truck grill would be best.

Sweet, I had acually thought about doing this when the front end was off. I have a model A shell and a Hupmobile shell. But I think a 37 Ford truck grill would be best.

Thanks guys! The 37 truck grill would be rad. Since I did this without actually having the parts in front of the the scale of the grill is prolly not right. I imagine it is bigger. But could always be chopped down!

I am curious what the earliest Jap tractor that was sold in this country. Tractor grills rock and that would be Japanese. But I'd also think about chopping up the original grill or one from a 521 and rotating it vertical to fill the ford shell. That'd be a pretty easy way to get a mostly Japanese grill!!

looks more like an fj20 to me. :D

FJ fo sho...

ANd yeah- I WILL PAY REAL PAPER MONEYS FOR PRINTS!!!

You've got skills my young friend- I would be so stoked to be able to hang up some of your Datto pieces!

If you're down to do individual prints, or a batch, please let us know!!

Maybe if we got enough orders together???

Maybe a sticky.....:D

FJ fo sho...

ANd yeah- I WILL PAY REAL PAPER MONEYS FOR PRINTS!!!

You've got skills my young friend- I would be so stoked to be able to hang up some of your Datto pieces!

If you're down to do individual prints, or a batch, please let us know!!

Maybe if we got enough orders together???

Maybe a sticky.....:D

Hmmm I will make a post about it.

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?p=153974#post153974