2nd annual SWDP BBQ get together - Aug 16

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NICE.

I was only gonna stay for an hour or so. But I just had to stay for over 3 hrs just to enjoy all the company. great day for the SWDP.

The non truck dattos got some love too.:D

Mike, Mark, Bob & Guy Great job putting this together.

And Big Dan from JNC & Terry & Koji From JCCS. Always a great event when they show up.:cool:

Hey guys..what a great turnout. sorry I could not stay longer, but for all yalls information, my birthday party was bitchin. Mike, Mark, and the rest of yall who asked me to pass on the good wishes to Ray...THANK YOU...Pretty suure that I will be there all day fer the next one....also, Robert...I will try my best to make the next Moreno Valley get together. Guys the Fontana Datsun picture is so cool. Way to go...thanks for makin me feel welcome. be seein yalll at JCCS in Oct. Ron

who owns the teal/bluish 521 thats slammed with whitewalls? man that thing is sooooo sweet my inspiration right there, more pics of that truck please

That's Ray's truck. SWEEEET!!!! My all time favorite 521. It has some leg room :D

Well everybody, I would like to say that I am Honored to have received this plaque which has been a symbol representing people who love Datsun Trucks. I hope to continue striving to keep the Datsun name and the love of the original minitruck alive! None of this would be possible if we werent surrounded by a great group of people, thank you to everyone for just being yourselves and being cool. Looking forward to many more events bullshitting about these beautiful old Datsuns! :)

Thanks,

Robert

Well everybody, I would like to say that I am Honored to have received this plaque which has been a symbol representing people who love Datsun Trucks. I hope to continue striving to keep the Datsun name and the love of the original minitruck alive! None of this would be possible if we werent surrounded by a great group of people, thank you to everyone for just being yourselves and being cool. Looking forward to many more events bullshitting about these beautiful old Datsuns! :)

Thanks,

Robert

Congrats Robert & chris. I think you were tearing up just a bit there. :D

I got home at 11 p.m. last night and just got online. I will post My thoughts and such later but first, because a lot of You asked:

There are some LARGE and EXTRA LARGE t-shirts still available.

I can sell them complete with shipping for $15.00 each or $27.00 for two right to Your door. They have the plaque logo in 3 colors on the back and mention of the Bar-B-Que and smaller plaque on the left side front in black. I don't have a picture right now of the front.

You can pay by Paypal if You like at steroid620@yahoo.com

or email Me with You address and I'll give You My address to send a check or money order. I should have enought for most of You that asked but they WILL run out so You'd better let Me know quickly!!! I can hold some if You need to wait until payday if You let Me know. THANK YOU ! ! ! !

I just sent some of the photo links to Japan so they could see what happened last weekend. I also posted on the Jockey Journal:

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=521735&posted=1#post521735

If You don't know, Denver Mullins built show choppers during the 60s, 70s and 80s. A few of the employees also worked on custom Datsun pickups in the Inland Empire, so this cross-overs to Our history. Denver also drove an orange 620 shop truck. The Kingman crew is doing vertually the same thing as Myself and a few others on here in doing period correct restorations. Check out this link and work Your way forward about 5 or 6 pages to see what they are doing!!!! Incredible!!!

OK finally i get to add to last weeks bbq. I had a computer meltdown & now it"s fixed:rolleyes: The bbq was a huge success & im so happy at the vehicle turnout we had. Everybody had a great time & there was plenty of food for everybody. A huge TY to Guy & Steroid for thier contributions as well. Ill also add that we added 2 more peolpe to our family...Chris & Robert. Ill be posting some of the pix i took soon.