2nd annual SWDP BBQ get together - Aug 16

swdpflyer2009pngrev.jpg

Ladies & gentlemen it's time to start planning for the 2nd annual SWDP bbq /get together / hang out. Were having it on August 16 @ the same park as last year..............from approx. 8am-4pm

http://www.fontana.org/main/parks_rec/m_tudor_jurupa_park.htm

This year we'll try to reserve a gazebo & if not the EZ-ups will work fine. This is a bring what you wanna eat BBQ & last year the food was awesome! ...especially the "chicksada" :D Afterwards we paln on cruising Foothill blvd. [route 66] which includes a visit @ the old Fontana Datsun dealer & then ending up @ the wig-wams for a few photos. Were hoping for visits from a few "old school" mini truckers from back in the day Bob hase & Ron mangus. Both of these guys remember the original SCDP club from the 70's, & actually Ron was a member back then & were hoping he can bring his old photos from back then to share. This event is open to any & all Ratsun members friends & family :D heres a few pics from last year....

P1010003.jpg

P1010065.jpg

P1010077.jpg

P1010087.jpg

th_cruisingFontana.jpg

Edited by Bleach
updated flier and date
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^ hear ya go...

Martin Tudor Jurupa Hills Regional Park /

Jurupa Swim Lagoon

11660 Sierra Avenue

Close to Mary Vagle Museum & Nature Center

Hours: 9:00 a.m. - Sunset

& a link to the map...

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&country=US&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&addtohistory=&cat=&address=11660+Sierra+Avenue&city=fontana&state=ca&zipcode=&cid=lfmaplink

:D

Crap!!!!:cursing:, just like last year... I won't be able to make it because that is the same day as the Nisei week car show in downtown LA... BTW, check out what car is representing ...

http://www.showoffcafe.com/

Talk about a showoff.:fu:

Guess I'll miss this one also. I'm going with lawerence to the Nisei show.

All I can say Lawerence is there better be some HOT Asian chicks at Nisei. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have sent the flyer to almost 20 email addresses. 6 of those being in Japan to magazines, Mooneyes and such. Maybe that will get some response. Also, I talked yesterday to once again another "old timer" that I haven't heard from since about 1978. He was magazine editor and photographer for two early magazines from 1975 through about 1978. He thinks that He might come!! Jim Knight has indicated that He will be there this year. So this will be truly history in the making if those folks attend. It would be cool if at least one Japanese magazine does a feature on the Bar-B-Que. We have decided that at this event there will be "year only" t-shirts made and sold. In other words, each year from here on out will have it's own t-shirt different fron prior years. The only way to get this years shirt is to ATTEND!! Also, You can not get last years shirt because it will not be re-ran. So years from now, You will see different shirts being worn and be able to tell what year it was from. This years design is sure to please!! I have an order now for only 75 shirts. At the last minute I might step that up so let Me know. 3 months and counting!!

• 2 weeks later...

OK we made a date change on the flyer. The BBQ will now be on the 16th which is a Sunday. Same times & location as well. We did this for a few reasons..there are a few other shows on the 15th & we did'nt want to conflict with them & there were a few guys who wanted to attend the BBQ but could'nt before. So now theres no excuses :lol: we hope to see everybody there :D The NEW flyer.................

swdpflyer2009pngrev.jpg?t=1243313500

OK we made a date change on the flyer. The BBQ will now be on the 16th which is a Sunday. Same times & location as well. We did this for a few reasons..there are a few other shows on the 15th & we did'nt want to conflict with them & there were a few guys who wanted to attend the BBQ but could'nt before. So now theres no excuses :lol: we hope to see everybody there :D The NEW flyer.................

swdpflyer2009pngrev.jpg?t=1243313500

On the calander!

Hey John.......... Do You have any way to reach the guy with the red kingcab? We handed Him flyers with the wrong date. Did He list either His phone number or email on His entry information two weekends ago?

Also, the lady from Your local newspaper took a flyer. I cann't remember Her name but She had a prototype truck in the vendor display area with a dirt bike in the back. She was also at the museum after the show.

Thanks, Mike

Hey John.......... Do You have any way to reach the guy with the red kingcab? We handed Him flyers with the wrong date. Did He list either His phone number or email on His entry information two weekends ago?

Also, the lady from Your local newspaper took a flyer. I cann't remember Her name but She had a prototype truck in the vendor display area with a dirt bike in the back. She was also at the museum after the show.

Thanks, Mike

Mike. I'll try to locate him I don't remember his name. The gal you speak of is CJ Spark plug. I'll try to get in touch with her.

Guys - Thanks for make the switch from Sat to Sun. I definately plan on attending as I was not able to make it last year for the same reason.... Thanks again for accommodating us.... YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!!:thumbup:

Guys - Thanks for make the switch from Sat to Sun. I definately plan on attending as I was not able to make it last year for the same reason.... Thanks again for accommodating us.... YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!!:thumbup:

We switched the dates to the BBQ in hopes that everybody could be there for this annual get together. Also on the 15th, Ludikrs show '09 will be at the orange show fair grounds this year. This will make room for some of us to be at both events. Hope to see all of you at the BBQ. Thanks, Guy.