Spiffinspudater's 1978 Datsun 620 King Cab

those 76's shouldnt need deq yellow620.. i do believe anyways..

California cutoff is 1`975 and older..sooooooo ALL 1976 vehicles need to be smog tested...it was originally thought that they were gonna use the 30 year thing..(after 30 years...exempt..) but that has been changed to the "New Rule" '75 and older!!!.........at least in California that is......Ron

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man. I kinda do believe that the smog laws are good to an extent... But I never want this hassle again. I will be leaving the smog system alone now that I know it works. Next smog year shouldnt be an issue unless I break something:P I must say, getting a "hot" smog would have been easier and cheaper... but my truck sounds great and idles perfectly. I am in love again (other than the clutch). I HOPE to drive it to the show in LB but I have some work including getting the stearing done as it stands now, it is flat out dangerous. I know I know with me if itsnt one thing its another.

WE also hope that you will be driving to Long Beach this year...but, as you say, the streering is important!..Man I hope you "git er dun"...but, you DO have to see Long Beach, even if it means just as a spectator...living close enuff to attend...you gotta go..(one way or the other!).........Ron

Javin i just picked up a set of Titan rims...question is are you using the factory lug nuts still on yours & do they rub at all in U turns ?

I am using the nuts (acorn style) that were on the truck. I dont know if they are stock or not. I havnt noticed any rubbage but I dont turn very hard... ever. It has been a while since I actually drove the truck around but I havnt had problems at all. For installation, all I did was grind off the hubs centering nubs (Acorn nuts center the rim) and put them on. I dont know how many threads are catching but the bolts are almost flush with the top of the nuts so I am guessing enough:) I have driven ~1000 miles on them without issues.

lynch, my understanding of oregon smog is 1975-1980 must pass the tailpipe sniffer, and they cant look under the hood. They dont care about anything but the tailpipe numbers. 1981 and newer must pass a visual inspection and pass tailpipe sniffer on the dyno. I dont have to pass yet cause i am outside the boundary by one mile. Main street in newberg.

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

This is my kick board temprarly in my truck... I will be doing more with the truck sooner rather than later as my Daily driver car (2002 Dodge Stratus) looks like it may be at the end of it's life (Long story that leaves me VERY broke $$$ at the end)

P1010131.jpg

The following pictures are things I am looking to get rid of at the JCCS show. Message me with questions or offers. I will make up some prices in a while but if there is no general interest then I wont worry about it.

P1010132.jpg

P1010133.jpg

P1010134.jpg

P1010135.jpg

P1010136.jpg

P1010137.jpg

P1010138.jpg

P1010139.jpg

This is truely why you never know what you are getting when you buy online... This is a cleaning with water and a rag and then some armoral... The camera makes it look GREAT... It actually did clean up well though.

P1010140.jpg

Kick panels look great! No speakers though?

2002 Dodge is done... amazing

You have never seen how I drive. I am amazed it took this long for it to die. Speakers arent a concern right now as I have no stereo... hooray for a laptop:P Plus, that was just to see if I could do it a few months ago. I will likely make new ones anyway

Alright, since I am now jobless and have nothing better to do, I figure I will post some stuff. My roommate moved out today and now I have a spare room. I figure what better place to keep my datsun stuff (it was in the dining room). Here are some pics of what I put in there. All of it is getting ready for something new and exciting in it's life.

P1010148.jpg

P1010149.jpg

If anyone is bored you can look through my photobucket album here

when we meet up at the JCCS show "spiff", I will show you what can be done with some 1/8" smoke plexiglass as far as kick panels go..remind me to show you the ones in my truck..durable as hell, easy to drill for speakers (whenever!) easy to install, easy to keep clean, and most importantly VERY VERY CHEAP to buy the plastic....Ron

• 2 weeks later...

I know this isn't me getting any closer to driving it but look at what I found at the closest Junk Yard EVER (My room, in a box I forgot about). I already have these promised to someone that helped me up in Oregon, whom without, my truck would likely be in a JY. But looking at the design of all the things included it wouldn't be very hard to reproduce all the covers using some of the vinyl I have. Anyways, here is the picture. Time to finish some fall cleaning.

de773317.jpg:eek:

Sweet I have the baggie for my handle crank, but I did not know they made them for the jack and the rod. How would the rod bag fit in the brackets made for holding it?