i too felt like throwing up

well this is what happens when you drive in the streets of tijuana.. the engine i just picked up busted my rear window.. the whole way to the border was just fine until we get to the border and there is a damn crater the size of a semi truck tire and sure enough rocked the engine enough and poof.. please tell me this is fixable.. how much do you guys think this will set me back?? :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(:(:( :(:(:eek::eek::eek::eek::

photo139.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

being flat glass you can go to any glass shop and have one cut to fit

But not tempered glass. It has to be cut first and then tempered. $$$ That's the reason it is tempered so that it will explode into thousands of small pieces that wont stab you in the eye or heart in an accident.

thanks guys.. you all are fucken cool!! oh i finally got that tranny joke :lol::lol::lol: the motor was just stored there in my friends tj house and i finally picked it up today,, here is a pic below.. my concern is.. i will need new weatherstrip and wont that cost me mucho $$$$

photo140.jpg

thanks guys.. you all are fucken cool!! oh i finally got that tranny joke :lol::lol::lol: the motor was just stored there in my friends tj house and i finally picked it up today,, here is a pic below.. my concern is.. i will need new weatherstrip and wont that cost me mucho $$$$

photo140.jpg

Nice! Motor.

I would just do Plexi and reuse the current rubber. If its not rubber or its bad, go to autoparts store and get there cheap weather strip.

=I would just do Plexi and reuse the current rubber.

Who is Plexi? :lol: Usually the rubber is pretty "beat"...I would always suggest getting a new one...even in Mexico:D

No leaks is always a good thing man...seriously now.:blink:

Im pretty sure when i pulled my slider out, there was a rivet top and bottom holding the inner support in place. I dont reccomend Plexiglass to replace it, but it does work, just scratches easy and if you go thin..it can shatter worse than glass. Anyway, drill out the rivets, slide ur new piece in (seal as appropriate), replace bar, pop new rivets in. Its highly likely the rivet is a standard size and a #30 drill bit is the right size to drill it out with. If all you have is standard sizes, its a touch under 1/8".

Im pretty sure when i pulled my slider out, there was a rivet top and bottom holding the inner support in place. I dont reccomend Plexiglass to replace it, but it does work, just scratches easy and if you go thin..it can shatter worse than glass. Anyway, drill out the rivets, slide ur new piece in (seal as appropriate), replace bar, pop new rivets in. Its highly likely the rivet is a standard size and a #30 drill bit is the right size to drill it out with. If all you have is standard sizes, its a touch under 1/8".

thank you for the details.. i will let you all know what happens

photo140.jpg

Well there's your problem! You tied the motor down. You need to let it roam free next time and it won't get moody and smash windows.

Not to add insult to injury, but RATCHET STRAPS!!!!!! Lots of them. There's a reason our old Datsuns come with bed hooks. I have about six in either truck all the time. Don't trust bungees as I almost had my eye taken out by one way back when. Shameless plug in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1: Did I mention we sell ratchet straps at NAPA? :D

i think i know that pot hole :blink:

i hit it once when it was full of water :eek:

he went to Tijuana to pick up a Mexican motor. It could have been worse... coming home with a Mexican tranny :)
Nice!

I would just do Plexi and reuse the current rubber.

never reuse the rubber w/a mexican tranny :eek:

thatd make me throw up too!!!

well this is what happens when you drive in the streets of tijuana.. the engine i just picked up busted my rear window.. the whole way to the border was just fine until we get to the border and there is a damn crater the size of a semi truck tire and sure enough rocked the engine enough and poof.. please tell me this is fixable.. how much do you guys think this will set me back?? :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(:(:( :(:(:eek::eek::eek::eek::

photo139.jpg

There is a Shop here in Tucson that got me a Brand New, Laminate Inner/Outer Glass in Middle front windshield for my B210 for 195.00.....It shipped up from Mexico I think. Its mounted using the Modern Polyurethane Stuff. I also used that to mount my rear Hatch Glass...works a Treat. After mounting the Glass just let it sit for Several Days so it hardens. Look up mounting Techniques on the web.