Project SE-R

ok so i i know this isnt the right section but it is a project an i dont feel like puttin it with "the rest" where it wont be seen.. so plz leave it here!! lol

ok i started on the car today and got the engine ready to pull in the morning, i didnt have a 22mm wrench or cresent wrench to take the ball joint nut off so i got everything else takin car of, so tomorrow i am gonna pick up a wrench to get that nut off so i can get the axles out.. then out she comes, an hopefully i will get the ve in by tomorrow also cause this weekend the weather is gonna take a crap again.. anyways heres the pics..

Picture001-5.jpg

Picture002-5.jpg

Picture003-6.jpg

Picture007-5.jpg

Picture004-4.jpg

Picture006-5.jpg

Picture008-6.jpg

Picture009-4.jpg

Picture011-2.jpg

heres the truck, she does all the hard work lol..

Picture005-7.jpg

Picture010-2.jpg

before i parked her i did a nice "last burnout" for the engine with the knock, its not a very bad knock an i havent drivin the car since the first day it started knockin.. but she did a hell of a burn out!!

well thats it till tomorrow

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as you requested heres some pics of the engine

Picture006-4.jpg

Picture007-4.jpg

lol it was all chillin in the livin room watchin tv with us lol.. its in the kitchin right now, hopefully tomorrow she'll be bolted in..

my friend tried to get a pic of me doin a big smokey burnout before we torn her apart but his cam lagged :(

as you requested heres some pics of the engine

Picture006-4.jpg

Picture007-4.jpg

lol it was all chillin in the livin room watchin tv with us lol.. its in the kitchin right now, hopefully tomorrow she'll be bolted in..

my friend tried to get a pic of me doin a big smokey burnout before we torn her apart but his cam lagged :(

:thumbup: You're my hero:lol:

yep, so does the infiniti G20 (but with LSD trans)

only the b13/b14 se-rs came with lsd, oh and the G20T.. not sure on the b15 se 2.0.. it has a sr20 but not sure on lsd..

ok so heres pics for day 2, ran into a few set backs, the passenger axle didnt want to come out and there was this weird pilot bushing type thing on the ve that we couldnt get out for the longest time, theres pics of it down here some where.. i got that sucker out an out an put a normal pilot bushing in, also got most the stuff wired up accept the dizzy, alternator, starter an some water temp stuff.. so when i drop it in there wont be much to mess with

Picture001-6.jpg

Picture002-6.jpg

Picture003-7.jpg

Picture010-3.jpg

Picture011-3.jpg

Picture015-3.jpg

Picture014-2.jpg

Picture016-4.jpg

Picture017-2.jpg

Picture019-2.jpg

Picture021-1.jpg

Picture022-2.jpg

Picture023-1.jpg

Picture025-1.jpg

Picture026-2.jpg

Picture028-1.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Picture035.jpg

im the one holdin the tranny..

Picture036.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Picture041.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Edited by lynchfourtwenty
i like these cars thanks lynch for telling me about them as i told you ill tell everyone here my only gripe is there fwd

fwd isn't as cool as rwd, however i have owned three sentras man they are truly great cars.

first two i owned were 4 speeds, last one i owned was a 5 speed. and i shit you not i was hitting just shy of 600 miles a tank. 28 dollars to fill up back when gas was high too

Mine were the generation before this, 87-90 body style, all three of them were black and 2 doors. handled GREAT

http://www.cargurus.com/images/2008/07/13/22/16/pic-29499.jpeg

Edited by h2theizzo

ok well we made alot of progress today, kind of got a late start but there was no playin around today an we didnt run into any unexpected problems.

got that pesky power steering bracket ground down so the de power steering hose would fit

grinded.jpg

DE water temp sensors swapped in.. i did the oil one too not sure if i got a pic of it tho..

Picture001-1.jpg

got the iacv from the DE an whatever that other thing is swapped.. just opend up the harness a little an pulled the wires out a tad.. didnt have to cut or splice anything an i wrapped it all up so it looks nice.

Picture003-2.jpg

Picture004-2.jpg

Picture005-2.jpg

Picture006-2.jpg

Picture007-2.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

Picture009-1.jpg

Picture010.jpg

old faithfull..

Picture011.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture021-2.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture023-2.jpg

Picture024-1.jpg

Picture025-2.jpg

Picture026-3.jpg

Picture027-1.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture030-1.jpg

Picture031-1.jpg

Picture032-1.jpg

Picture033-1.jpg

Picture034-1.jpg

dude was doin the brakes in the dark with no light at all, he was like.. im a ninja.. lol

Picture036-1.jpg

continued...

Picture037-1.jpg

Picture038-1.jpg

all i have left to do is hook up the radiator an fans, fill the engine an trans with fluids and i need to put some hose clamps on the heater hose under the TB and i need some crush washers for the power steering hose, hook up the gas lines, tighten a few bolts an hook up the ecu an shes ready for test fire