Datsuns on the road!!!

Guest jaimesix

let's work out some more consistent meets, guys. We got the fridays nailed to every first friday night of the month. In order for all of us to get our datsun fix monthly i propose we all meet on the 3rd sunday morning of the month as well! I wanted these meets to be consistent and that doesn't quite look like it's happening (of no-ones fault)... So that makes two meets a month officially!

so since we missed the third sunday of this month: Let's meet this sunday the 24th! 9am until when everybody leaves! I'll bring the donuts! Anyone like/don't like a particular donut?

***i was thinking of just inviting datsun's only to these sunday meets? How do you guys feel about that?***

i have a reason to live again!!!:D:D:D

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix
Let's work out some more consistent meets, Guys. We got the Fridays nailed to every First Friday Night of the Month. In order for all of us to get our Datsun fix monthly I propose we all meet on the 3rd Sunday Morning of the Month as well! I wanted these meets to be consistent and that doesn't quite look like it's happening (of no-ones fault)... So that makes two meets a month officially!

So since we missed the third Sunday of this month: LET'S MEET THIS SUNDAY THE 24th! 9am until when everybody leaves! I'll bring the donuts! Anyone like/don't like a particular donut?

***I was thinking of just inviting Datsun's only to these Sunday meets? How do you guys feel about that?***

Hey Zeto, let me take care of Sundays please, I never budged into your Friday meets, so please stay away from what I am trying to do.

I would appreciate that. Show some respect.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

Whoa! Jaime... not sure what the problem is, bud. These meets don't revolve around one person and the majority of us want to meet frequently, So, there you have it. I would also like to remind you that these meets were my idea from the get go and after some lagging I'm taking the reigns.

I don't feel I disrespected you. If you feel that way then I apologize. I have been urging for another Sunday meet and so have a lot of the people here. If I were a lesser person I would take your public comment as disrespect... you could have taken any concerns to the PM's with me. But that's water under the bridge.

The meeting stands for this Sunday as I have already sent out notices to the community and you are welcome (as you always have been... even the Friday meets) to come along.

Thanks.

Guest jaimesix

Since day one I sensed something strange about you and meetings. You resented ( I ignore why ) the Sunday meets I organized, you tried to steer it onto a venue of your own. You could not do that.

Then you said "Sundays" are bad, all you have to do is schroll and read your own posts, "On Sundays I sleep", plus you gave a lot of reasons that backed your notion that Sundays were bad, and Fridays were good.

So, days after I organized the Sunday meet, you went on with your Friday meets.

I have no problem with that, but now, suddenly, Sundays are good to you right? Show respect.

You are a sleazy bastard. I do not think anyone in here will go to a meet knowingly that you are stealing the event from me.

You are a weird guy dude, sleazy and dirty bastard.

Jaime.______________________________________________________

Edited by jaimesix
You are a sleazy guy huh?

No decent person will go to your meet, no decent person that knows me and has attended my organized meet.

I knew something was wrong with your way of operating, first you recented my meetings, I do not know why, then you decided Sundays were bad for people, because you said Sundays are difficult, and you said you sleep on Sundays, so you organized your Friday meets at a place where all japanese cars meet, that is fine with me.

Now you jump in on Sundays, suddenly you do not need to sleep on a Sunday???

Dirty snake, what a garbage of a guy you are.

I see we are acting real adult-like and we are taking this to the PM's (oh wait). What are you trying to prove? Really? How old are you? Name calling? Haha...

You are absolutely right that I preferred Friday meets over Sunday meets but I thought everyone as a whole decided they would still meet on Sundays as well as Fridays. This wasn't decided by one person (let alone me). This IS NOT YOUR LITTLE PROJECT that you can decide to throw whenever YOU feel like it.

I am not the only person who wants to meet Sunday but of course you wouldn't know that because you are being selfish.

And now you are saying people who attend these meets are not decent people? You are not winning over people with comments like that....

Guest jaimesix

You are a dirty snake, a bastard that shows no respect for others.

Let's see if Ratsun members back you on your latest trick, let's find that out.

Jaime.____________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix
I see we are acting real adult-like and we are taking this to the PM's (oh wait). What are you trying to prove? Really? How old are you? Name calling? Haha...

You are absolutely right that I preferred Friday meets over Sunday meets but I thought everyone as a whole decided they would still meet on Sundays as well as Fridays. This wasn't decided by one person (let alone me). This IS NOT YOUR LITTLE PROJECT that you can decide to throw whenever YOU feel like it.

I am not the only person who wants to meet Sunday but of course you wouldn't know that because you are being selfish.

And now you are saying people who attend these meets are not decent people? You are not winning over people with comments like that....

Your own words:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just FYI: Since I originally thought up these meets with Jaime... I'm going to take initiative and start some Friday night meets very soon now that the weather will start warming up. Sundays are cool to meet up every now and then but I think with Fridays we can meet more often. I like to reserve my Sundays for sleeping in!

I think most people were interested in meeting up on Friday nights eventually... so I want to extend this offer out again and see if those peeps are still interested. It will be the same general area... I'm thinking maybe the Cross-Roads in Torrance since there is a In-n-Out and several other places to get some eats. Plus this spot seems to be pretty friendly to car enthusiast as long as your not skidding out and revving...

I think eventually some summer time beach cruises can be set up for the weekends! Nice drive down PCH?

Let me know what you guys think

I will wait and see what others think of your actions. I could quote several statements you made before, lets leave that to the interested parties, the complete thread is open for discovery.

Jaime.________________________________________________________

Oh no! I have been discovered! :lol: :fu:

Dude... once AGAIN. I NEVER said I did not say that. You are brining up irrelevant crap. What does this have to do with anyone WANTING to meet up this Sunday instead of sitting at home?

Guest jaimesix

Another paper coward, reserve those faces for when we meet in person....

What a sad day to have members like you in here.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

hey come on guys, lets be cool about this.

jaime, we understand you are trying to get us the venue at you friends restauraunt, but everyone wants to get together ASAP. i mean these meets are addicting!:D

i dont think anybody is trying to steal your meets, were just trying to make do untill you get us set up

I think Sunday meets planning and organizing should go to Jaime, just because the simple fact that ZetoZeto said that he reserves Sunday to sleep in, how can a person who reserves Sunday to sleep in can plan for a Sunday meet and not be there???:confused:

Just my opinion..

I've been to the first meet, where things were wholesome and the chatter was about Datsuns. And I drove all the way from f-ing Moreno Valley! It was a great time, to say the very least.

Lets take a step back from this and look at it for a moment. A meeting for those who enjoy imports. Datsun, Mazda, Toyota, Opel/Isuzu, etc, etc, ad nauseum... What more can a Import-car loving wrench head ask for?

No name calling, no horrible PMs. Agree to disagree for once. Agree on the meets, not just snag one from another and bite each others heads off.

I will be recuperating from re-injuring my back (read: 610 sedan will NOT be at JCCS...:mellow::() I am too screwed up to be replacing parts for the next 8-12 weeks. I can't even sit still long enough for work, let alone working on the sedan... Allow me to be on the sidelines, ask all the technical questions you want, I'll be available for the knowledge value, no lifting here.

im not picking sides but i mean it is not right to have the idea that one should have there own thing. lets leave it as this, we togther as a whole datsun community well decied when to meet. we as a whole do want to have meets but no name calling or shit like that. that is something i would expect from a kid at my high school. however, i dont mind having a motorator for each meet. i dont know who started it but in all honesty the one who started a meet was actually me and jamie but im not taking any credit for it. it just happend. two 710's in hermosa beach. but that is really besides the point. but as it should stand, jamie for sundays and zeto for fridays. now, as a community we shall request meets and as motorators, they set it up.

in all

this has gotten out of hand but still we need to have something organized. wheter it be jamie or zeto. lets grow up and be men and enjoy our datsun love that unites us.

that my 2 cents

I think Sunday meets planning and organizing should go to Jaime, just because the simple fact that ZetoZeto said that he reserves Sunday to sleep in, how can a person who reserves Sunday to sleep in can plan for a Sunday meet and not be there???:confused:

Just my opinion..

I think I have made both the meets on those Sunday's... I made it pretty dang early too both times too. Pretttttty far from my bed asleep I might say. I'm not here to make the Datsun community pick sides. I took initiative on meeting up with some Datsun pals that wanted to meet on Sunday (I guess I can plan them after-all)... I don't think there is a patent on these meets. I know who came to whom with the idea of meets because it's something I have been wanting to do for awhile but that is pretty irrelevant right now and I can care less what anyone else says about that subject. It's not JCCS and no-one is getting paid for the cars that show up. It's just for fun so I don't understand what Jaime's problem truly was. I just know he took it too far.

If you guys wanna meet up with Jaime... please do so! More power to you. My vision was for more consistent meets and obviously that differs from some peoples So I'll take my ideas somewhere else.

I would also like to add that I PROPOSED a meet... I'm not forcing anyone to go here or there. It seems that the majority of people are interested and so... we shall meet! I don't see how that puts me in the wrong.

I'm pretty much done here. Those of you who wanna hang out... you know where you can find me! :D

see but for people like me im in a split. i dont wanna go to either other to show favorites. i mean i just want to hang out. can we agree on a single event so that we can make peace and not war. the only way we found each other is because of our Datsuns. Seriously let us agree we need to be organized and not split.

Another paper coward, reserve those faces for when we meet in person....

What a sad day to have members like you in here.

HOLY SHIT ITS BILLY BADASS!

:lol:

Guest jaimesix

I want to thank Mazdat and Jrbrd for their words. I feel disappointed about other members not sticking for what is right, but that is the way it is.

That was exactly what I wanted to see/read, your statements.

I will like to say that I am not a crazo guy, I am a guy that was putting together Sunday Meets in Torrance/Redondo Beach. When I started, I sensed some strange reaction on part of zeto. At the first meet he seemed to be fine, but before the second meeting he began to post about wanting to change the meet's day to Fridays.

It did not work, I was not into a Friday meet and I was glad with what I was doing. zeto made his arguments against Sunday meets, saying that he liked to sleep on Sundays, that families get together on Sundays, presenting his position about how bad a choice was a Sunday voicing his preference for Fridays. We even had pms on the subject, which I still have in my pm box.Then he announced his Friday meet, and that was fine with me, I wished him luck.

At the second meet at Sears he was telling Sliding Creep that the idea for the meet was his, that he was the originator of meets and so forth. I did not give it any attention, I moved on. But it made me think about this guy, what is going on with him?

I live in Redondo Beach, I am organizing meets for primarily ratsun members and other Datsun owners to show up in Torrance and Redondo Beach. I told several people about my friends restaurant in Redondo Beach, which is close to where JrBrds' dad works. That should warrant some respect.

If someone is having Datsun meets on Fridays, on Mondays, whichever the day, in a particular city, with mostly the same potential crowd of Datsuns from the area, I would not try to open another meet on the same day and in the same area. There is something wrong about that.

Well, it seems zeto was bent on taking Sundays away, or at least take the initiative away at the earliest opportunity. He tried a couple times, but I was around and replied courteously that I was working on it.

This last time he jumped on the op, and decided he was going to make a swift move. Made his announcement and took it over. He knew I was organizing the Sunday thing in here, but he did not bother to ask, he just jumped on the opportunity. All the arguments about and against Sundays as a good day for meets represented nothing against his desire to turn the tables around.

That is fine, I do not really care, I thought I was dealing with cool people I could trust, ( and I was, everyone except zeto ) but there is always some bad apple that rottens down everything.

I am not going to bother organizing any more meets, why would I work for something when some sleazy guy can jump ahead and steal all my work, apparently just because. What bothers me the most is the lack of respect for another Datsun fan, not even asking, just jumping in and stepping over.

Thanks again Mazdat and Jrbrd for your understanding. To others it might seem like " it is non of my business " , that is ok, that is fine and understandable. To those that think it is ok to jump over another person just like that, I remind you, in life, these same situation could happen to you, same format, different issue.

I want to thank Mazdat and Jrbrd for their words. I feel disappointed about other members not sticking for what is right, but that is the way it is.

Uhhh dude, Ya think, maybe, just maybe, possibly... your Ratsun peeps didn't come to your defense because you started throwing personal attacks and veiled threats!?

That is cause for the banhammer around here if it gets out of hand.

I understand you were upset at the 'usurper'. But you sorta:rolleyes: over reacted, and kinda came off looking a wee unstable. And a bit paranoid.

If you hadn't come across like that you might have had a few more supporters. Just saying...

Also I think a lot of guys don't care who makes the plans, they just want to hang and chill, talk Datsun with NO DRAMA. And now this is all drama because it got out of hand. If people want petty drama, they can just hang at home with their families on Sunday!!

I understand that everyone wants to plan for a meet as one, but there always should someone planning , like a moderator, and I understand where Jaimesix is coming from, ZetoZeto wasn't able to attend Sunday meets according to him and then all of the sudden he's planning Sunday Meets?? I don't want to start any problems or anything, its just my opinion.