Datsuns on the road!!!

Guest jaimesix

Guest jaimesix

A friend of mine told me he saw Jbird's 710 on the freeway, passing him as he drove on the right lane.

It was Jbirds, he told me it was a red 710, originaly he thought it was mine, but then realized it was a 2 door sedan ( Jbird's, mine is a 2 door coupe ). The twin Webers sounded really cool, as attested by this friend of mine.

Nice!!!!!

Hope to catch you on the road with my 710.!!!

Jaime.___________________________________________________

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix

I know, I may end up underpowered next to a twin Webered L18, but I can catch up in the corners, I have sway bars and a lowered car.:)

We should have a mini meeting, we have some nice Datsuns in line that I know, I have my 710 on the road, there is Jbrd's, I know a guy with a 610 who is not a member here, but he is a 610 fanatic. Zerow's is not ready yet, but there is Nbesheer,and also the cool 810 wagon, and another 810, a coupe 2 door.

Any Datsuns in the South Bay, Torrance, Long Beach areas????

Jaime._______________________________________________________

........and another 810, a coupe 2 door.

Me? I couldn't keep up with any of you, mine is stock, no Webers, no lowering, or sway bars other than factory. But I can cruise all day long in air conditioned comfort.
I know, I may end up underpowered next to a twin Webered L18, but I can catch up in the corners, I have sway bars and a lowered car.:)

We should have a mini meeting, we have some nice Datsuns in line that I know, I have my 710 on the road, there is Jbrd's, I know a guy with a 610 who is not a member here, but he is a 610 fanatic. Zerow's is not ready yet, but there is Nbesheer,and also the cool 810 wagon, and another 810, a coupe 2 door.

Any Datsuns in the South Bay, Torrance, Long Beach areas????

YES! MEET! MEET! MEET's! Let's get 'er done! I wonder who owns the cool 810 wagon??? :confused: ;) :P

...Zerow's is not ready yet...

Yeah. I know...

But I'll bring pics to show off!

Guest jaimesix

Cool, let's try a Datsun meet !:)

Yes HP11, yours is that cool 810 Datsun.....one of the coolest Datsuns in this site, and there is its relative, Zetozeto99's wagon, excellent sample of the 810 lineage.

Jbrd, it would be cool to have your 710 around too, let us admire your twin Webers, that is nice!

Zerow, a few pictures and your presence is more than enough to keep the Datsun spirit moving on!

Moisamb has a nice green 1200 sedan.

Nbesheer has a 610 close by I think.

Gzilla, man, I wish that cool 1200 ute could make it here.....

Many other Datsuns that are closer than I know , I am sure.

What would be a good place to meet??? City wise??? I live in Redondo Beach.....that is South Bay.....close cities: Torrance, Gardena, Playa del Rey,San Pedro, Long Beach.....405, 105, 110, 710, 91 frwys are all close by.

The Sears parking lot in Torrance ( Hawthorne Blvd at Sepulveda ) is a large lot, and it is 90% empty all the time! Just to mention a place.

Jaime.___________________________________________________:rolleyes:

Guest jaimesix

Hi.

Yes, Sears at Hawthorne and Sepulveda ( Del Amo area malls ) is a good place. Their lot is very big, and this lot is 90% empty. A meeting could happen with out bothering anybody, because the lot is large. As long as we are civilized, no tire burning, no crazy stuff, just a cool gathering to check what is out there Datsun wise we are fine.

Cops are not a problem in this area, and since we are talking about daytime, no problems at all.

This area is good for you JBird, it is down the boulevard from your home. Anybody coming using the 110 frwy can cruise down to the Sepulveda Exit, hand a right, all the way to the corner at Hawthorne Blvd. Sears is right on the right side of that corner . If using the 405 frwy, the exit to take is Hawthorne Blvd west ( or south, towards the ocean...)

I think it is a good place. Any other ideas are welcome.

Sundays are good days, not much traffic, early Sunday would be cool.

This Datsun 710 says ready!

Jaime.______________________________________________________

anyone any set time and date...well right now idk if i can go because my dad wont let me go...need to get those grades up...he wants nothing but Bs or better. but as soon as there up i can go...so let me know.

anyone any set time and date...well right now idk if i can go because my dad wont let me go...need to get those grades up...he wants nothing but Bs or better. but as soon as there up i can go...so let me know.

lol in college your parents cant legally know your grades:lol:

and my parents were so sick of driving me to school at 5 am for my morning swim practice, no matter what my grades i got to stay on the road

yea normally my parents wouldnt know my grades either, but now my school has this thing called powerschool and they can check to see what my grades are. so that sucks. they constantly know how im doing in school and in my classes and if i skip(which i dont...i cant im crippled!)

i PM'ed jaimesix earlier and mentioned that other spots in the areas are car club friendly. torrance has been pretty good as far as no hassle as long as you're not redlining and blowin' tire sideways into a lot full of nuns and schoolkids. i think the sears lot is good and i liked crossroads, the starbuck's used to be 24 hr and after midnight there was usually a decent pack of cars in the lot. in the past i've taken my polara, cuda', big block coronet, S13, S12, and B13 SE-R there. but it gets really crowded dayside on weekends cause the home cheepo, in n' out and other restaurants.

if the sears or crossroads doesn't work for some there is columbia park on prarie ave and 190th in torrance, ca 90503. farther north from the sears up hawthorne and 700 feet east on the left. fairly close to the 405 with a good sized lot. mapquest-able! 405 either direction to get to the crenshaw exit, going south on crenshaw, turn right (west) on 190th keep eyes peeled on the right when you cross prarie. just throwin' it out there cause i'm IN! at any decided spot!

cheers

Guest jaimesix

Hi.

What about next Sunday, the 15th???

We can meet there from 9am till 11 or 12:00

At Sears' parking lot, or any other place. What I like of Sears is that the lot is so large that we can have a nice meeting without crowding a parking lot. A friend of mine told me we could also meet, later on, for an evening meeting. We can plan something like that once we meet on a Sunday.

Enjoy your weekend guys.