Datsuns on the road!!!

Guest jaimesix

Guest jaimesix
i dont see why not...wait this coming sunday? as in tomorrow sunday?

You are right, I made a mistake, I meant to say Sunday the 15th was way too soon.

Let's meet Sunday the 22!!!. In about 8 days. :)

Jaime.____________________________________________________

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhh better! ok Ill be down to go if two things happen...

1. my dad lets me/maybe he can go

2. my car is ready...gonna make the switch from points ignition, and maybe a 5 speed by then other wise the car is not ready.

what if i go in something other than a datsun how bout my mercedes(kit car)

Guest jaimesix
ahhh better! ok Ill be down to go if two things happen...

1. my dad lets me/maybe he can go

2. my car is ready...gonna make the switch from points ignition, and maybe a 5 speed by then other wise the car is not ready.

what if i go in something other than a datsun how bout my mercedes(kit car)

Your dad will let you come by, I am sure, he knows we, the Datsun people, are cool. I met your dad at JCCS, he is a cool person.

Bring him around too, I remember he was enjoying the show at JCCS.

Do not make any changes to your car if that could hinder your attendance. Come on and talk to the Datsun guys, you might get some insight and your ignition project might get some new ideas.

See ya there Jbird.!!!:)

Jaime._______________________________________________________

Hi.

What about next Sunday, the 15th???

We can meet there from 9am till 11 or 12:00

At Sears' parking lot, or any other place. What I like of Sears is that the lot is so large that we can have a nice meeting without crowding a parking lot. A friend of mine told me we could also meet, later on, for an evening meeting. We can plan something like that once we meet on a Sunday.

Enjoy your weekend guys.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

You mean tomorrow?*edit* I'm down... but lemme know for sure. And let's definitely talk about having some meets later in the evening on Fridays or Saturdays...

*just seen your last post for next Sunday...

Guest jaimesix
So this at in the Sears parking lot at Hawthorne and Sepulveda next Sunday (3/22) at 9:00am?

Thanks.

Yes, that is the plan.

I am in, Duncan is in.....I have a buddy ( 610 ) , not a Ratsun member, but a Datsun fan, that will go.....

9:00am, Sunday the 22nd, Sears Lot, Sepulveda at Hawthorne:)

Jaime._________________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix
That's an 80 mile drive for me, about an hour and a half each way. I'll have to pass this time.

That is cool HP11. Next time. Let's see how we do this time around, I am thinking about telling a friend of mine, New Yorker Italian Pizza parlor owner to host Datsun meets. He has a cool Pizza place, food, refreshments, and a nice large parking.

Common Datsuners. I will try to locate a couple guys I know in the area, one is a 620 guy, the other is a 510 wagon guy. Hopefully they can join us too.

How good can it get!!! So far Datsuns 810's, 710's, 1200's, 610's are in the house. Hopefully we will have some more cool Datsuns like B210s, 200SX's, 620's, 411's, F10's, 521's, 320's, Pulsars, 210's, Stanzas, 510's, Z's........cool.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

Edited by jaimesix

Hey, I know I'm might be posting something in the wrong spot here, but since there has been mention of 810s, I noticed the 2 door 810 is still listed on Boise, ID CL. He mentions it needing a fuel pump. Is this a mechanical pump on the engine, or electric in the tank? I'm imagining some cool Ratsun guy flying to Boise with a carry-on bag of tools and a pump, and driving the car home. How hard could it be?

Len

Hey, I know I'm might be posting something in the wrong spot here, but since there has been mention of 810s, I noticed the 2 door 810 is still listed on Boise, ID CL. He mentions it needing a fuel pump. Is this a mechanical pump on the engine, or electric in the tank? I'm imagining some cool Ratsun guy flying to Boise with a carry-on bag of tools and a pump, and driving the car home. How hard could it be?

Len

It's an electrical pump just ahead of the tank on the passenger side. Same pump used by 75-78 280Zs, 79-83 non turbo ZXs, and 80-84 RWD Maximas. I'd need more info from the owner, however, because there are other things in the system that can cause the fuel pump not to operate. Also, if it is a bad fuel pump, the OEM pump or a Bosch is the only way to go. More expensive than aftermarket but most aftermarket fuel pumps that the auto parts stores sell are junk. Edited by HP11

Thanks for clearing that up for me. The ad says "A pump costs $130 at Auto Zone.", and I thought that seemed really high for a mechanical pump. But in-tank electrical didn't sound quite right for that year car. I didn't think of an external electrical pump. I imagine there are one or more relays controlling the pump too, so anyone's guess what all is really wrong.

So new idea - cool Ratsun guy flies to Boise, rents a truck and a tow dolly, and drives home. And the $500 810 gets more and more expensive. Oh well. I hope some spud farmer down there doesn't buy it and put a Chev V8 in.

Len

It appears to be missing some difficult to find parts like the hood molding, hood ornament, the air intake tube, plus it's an automatic trans. There's damage to the passenger side front fender. Can't tell much else from that low res picture. To me, the car might make a good parts car. I paid $75 in 2003 for the one I used as a parts car and it actually ran though I had it towed home because the tires were bad. It looked about as rough as this one. I paid $500 in 2003 for the one I still have and did drive it home. Basically all it needed was paint.

Guest jaimesix

So far we have a nice group for Sunday.

*) Duncan

*)Sliding Creep

*)Zetozeto99

*)Moisabamf

*)Jaimesix

*)610 fan ( a friend I am inviting to go.)

*)Jbrd ( you can not get a car meeting closer than this Jbrd.)

Have a couple guys in mind from my area...if I can catch up w them in time.

NBsheer has a 610...is he around???

Jaime.________________________________________________________