New guy here w/ 620

kvn_13

Hey yall , been looking around here for about a month it has inspired me to buy a 620 ! This is my first Datsun so im trying to learn as much as i can this fourm is great . My truck is a 1973 it is in good condtion body wise I just got it to run tonight , the carb didnt work so I had this old retired guy Iknow to rebuild it for me . Here is where it gets good , he said he had never seen a carb like it he says it looks like an industrial carb so i started looking at the 620s at my job (I work at a junkyard) we have four of them a 74 , 76, and two 78s all of those trucks have a valve cover that says Datsun ohc , but mine says Datsun 1600 ? Anyways Im glad to have joined and i will post pics here are 2 crappy cell pics .

mine.jpg

blue.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice find!

The TR3 suggestion is a good one, it goes much faster if you pick up an $18 Mequire's PowerBall at Wal-Mart. Be a bit careful on the edges, they claim it won't burn the paint, but it really depends on how thin it is to begin with. I also use NuFinish, it's a bit easier to find in these parts...

Welcome!!!!! We're here to help!! On all of Your valve covers......... look closely to see if the oil filler screw in top lid (where You pour in the oil) has an ELEPHANT on it. Grab all that You can find. (We really need a seperate thread on that subject). Also start getting the little parts like transmission back up light switches, brake light switches, dome light lens, fuse covers, the stainless rings around the headlights, headlight and choke relays, stock throttle cables (BOTH types) and such. That stuff is drying up and getting hard to find. I'm even starting to get little things I always overlooked like taillight lens screws. The little slip on retainers on front and rear (yes, they are DIFFERENT) where the screws that hold the side marker lights on go the fenders. Sunvisors. I have a list of about 30 things now that I look for at a wrecking yard. Stuff I passed over many, many times over the years I am having a hard time finding now. Enjoy!!!