810 Wagon owner here...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my fender mirrors a couple of weeks ago!

151.jpg

Not sure what they came off of and I bought them knowing that. They are pretty similar in appearance to stock JDM 810 fender mirrors... but the plastic molded bases are contoured for a different fender obviously. I could probably just ditch the bases and install the mirrors that way... but I would like be able to use the spring system in case some moron bumps into them. I think if some one had the know how they could probably fab up a flush base so I can still use the spring system.... I don' have that know-how, however, and would be scared shit-less to hack up my fenders.

Can any of you guys refer me to a body shop (or someone) in So.Cal who can help me out?

Guest jaimesix
I just got my fender mirrors a couple of weeks ago!

151.jpg

Not sure what they came off of and I bought them knowing that. They are pretty similar in appearance to stock JDM 810 fender mirrors... but the plastic molded bases are contoured for a different fender obviously. I could probably just ditch the bases and install the mirrors that way... but I would like be able to use the spring system in case some moron bumps into them. I think if some one had the know how they could probably fab up a flush base so I can still use the spring system.... I don' have that know-how, however, and would be scared shit-less to hack up my fenders.

Can any of you guys refer me to a body shop (or someone) in So.Cal who can help me out?

Nice mirrors. To bad the base plate is not exactly made for your 810. Is it far different from the shape of your fenders? If not, you could make a gasket/cushion pad to use in between the fender and the base plate for the mirrors.

Look like Sliding Creep's 610 mirrors.

Not another one.And in town too...

http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/1101574199.html

:cursing:

That price is not bad. 77 810s have round headlamps, am I right? Too bad it is so far away in AZ.

Jaime.______________________________________________________

Nice mirrors. To bad the base plate is not exactly made for your 810. Is it far different from the shape of your fenders? If not, you could make a gasket/cushion pad to use in between the fender and the base plate for the mirrors. Look like Sliding Creep's 610 mirrors.

It's pretty different... the part of the fender where they should fit is flush. But the base is contoured with 2 or 3 sharp angles. Maybe came from a C110 or C210 Skyline... I'll take pix later.

These are genuine NISSAN fender mirrors BTW... :D

woooord! you don't hafta use the plates provided, as long as there is something keepin' the spring in place. as far as hacking up your wings, that's the tough bit. i went with the aftermarket replacement "thai-taxi" mirrors, as the mounting was two small holes that could be easily repaired if i decided to go back to stock (bollocks to that!) door mirrors. factory holes are a teardrop shape almost as large as the base of the arm, hence the large base-plate/spring set-up. if you should decide to do it youself, good luck!

cheers

Guest jaimesix

Another option I just thought about is getting some foam, white foam like the one available at art supplies stores and make a block of foam ( for each side ) about the size of the base plate in your new mirrors ( perhaps even longer for better support under the fenders ) and then mirror the contour of your fenders right under the area you want to install the mirrors at.

Then you can copy the shape of said foam block onto metal or hard wood. In this case, you will have a part as strong or stronger than those base plates that came with your mirrors, taylor made for your 810 fenders.

For the cut on the fenders, I imply your 810 does not have that opening in the fenders. My 610 came with those cuts, covered by plastic covers. ( my 710 did not come with those openings ).

I can make a template of said holes for you to copy. The advantage of doing/making a cut similar to factory cuts is that later on, for whatever reason, you decide or have to take those mirrors off, then you can use the Datsun factory plastic covers to correct the situation.

Jaime.______________________________________________________

Zeto-you want that hood trim?

I don't remember if I sent you a PM about that earlier..??? :confused: I'm losing my mind. Work is kicking my ass.. :mad:Haha.. anyway I would be interested if all or most of the bolts on the back are there! Thanks!

Also... not sure if you can spare a e-brake handle assembly...? PM and let me know...

For the most part.Based on your description of yours-these are better.I finally have what i need to ship.I had to be "creative" in packaging these so they won't crumble on us.I'm headed to Yuma tomorrow,so they'll ship out Mon or Tues.
Thanks. PM me if you need my address.
  • 4 weeks later...