810 Wagon owner here...

Also note that while the design of the suspension looks the same, the brake pads and rotor sizes vary slightly. Unfortunately parts are not interchangable.

I mistakingly bought multiple pairs of pads for the Maxima I had thinking they would also work on the 280ZX. Not so. Got rid of the Maxima early and ended up selling the new brake pads for a huge loss.

Maybe you can bolt on ZX suspension assemblies in whole to an 810 or Maxima, but the little wear parts are not exactly the same.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Along with a drop I need some spacers...

datsun029.jpg

Any recommendations on a brand or size? I'll need both front and back to be "flusher"...

zeto,

I can help with the spacers. I make em for Z cars all the time. I don't have any at this time. But if the company I make them for orders some I'll throw a set in for you. :D

Guest jaimesix

Spacers might work fine, but while making the tire flush at the fender, it will makew the tires sit on the outside, from behind the car might look ackward.

Those wheels are cool, and were very common performance wheels in the 80s. I would look for wider wheels , same design. 8 or 10 inch wide wheels would make it nice. That wheel well is blessed with plenty of space to house a fat tire/wheel combo.

Jaime.______________________________________________________

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah.. right now I'm looking for some wider tires.. 195/60's to help out with that a little. Eventually I would like to get some wider wheels though. I hope to score some wide Star Sharks someday... or something similar. I'm pretty fond of meshies though!:P

So when I bought my 810 the passenger side front bumper end had been ripped off and was looking unsightly:

JCCS100.jpg

Finally got that replaced.. will post pix later....

14x5.5 and they are for sale. I have them listed in the classifieds. Shoot me a PM if you're still interested maybe we can work something out...?

Not sure on the offset though...

datsun018.jpg

I thought these wheels looked better on the 810 then the meshies.

You know...?? It grows on you! It's very different from what you see everyday in the Datsun world here in the USA and I like that appeal. A few Nissan's of the 80's took a few cues from USDM styling... Bluedirds, Laurels, Skylines, etc had square headlights for awhile.

I'm sure you could convert the front headlight assembly, hood, trim, etc. to the older style but I personally would not.... :)

Guest jaimesix

If you like round lamps, or if you like to have variety ( I have 3 different grilles for my 610, and about to have 3 different grilles for my 710 too, it is nice to change its looks once in a while ) try the 200B Nissan grille. The 200B Nissan is the non US version of the 810. The 810, as it was and it is known in the US has 6 cylinders. The 200B sold in UK, Australia and other places has a 4 cylinder engine. The difference in the body is evident in the front sides. The area between the rear most end of the front wheel well and the end of the front side of the door ( door meets fender )in the US 810 is longer, to accomodate the longer 6 cylinder engine . The 200B has that section shorter, so it looks like a shortened 810.

Something similar to what happened with the Datsun 610. In the US and everywhere else there was a Datsun 610 ( aKa 180B and 160B ) with a 4 cylinder motor. In Japan, there was available the Datsun/Nissan 2000GT, which is a Datsun 610, elongated as in the case of the 810 vs the 200B, to accomodate a longer engine, a 6 cylinder.

The cars are similar ( 2000GT and 610/180B ) except for the grille and dash board.

In the case of the 810, it has square lamps, the 200B has round lamps. It would be cool to have a 200B grille on a Datsun 810. Check out pictures of Datsuns 200B in UK and Australia.

Jaime.______________________________________________________

i am just glad that there are people keeping all the old DATSUN'S alive most people just discard them like yesterdays news they are part of histery. i hate to see them in the junkyard speciely when there is nothing ovisely wrong insted of donatting them or getting $500.00 from the fucking state (becouse they are old and dont pass todays standers)FUCK THEM !!!!!!we need to keep them alive and gowing yes people look at us funney when they pass us in ther benz and prious.i say down shift and show them all what oldschool is all about. and this is to all in the state that dont want us to drive thies cars (:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:) and to the one who drives the grose plutting H-1 yes we all know YES I HATE RULES AND REGULATIONS....................:fu::fu::fu::fu:

If you like round lamps, or if you like to have variety ( I have 3 different grilles for my 610, and about to have 3 different grilles for my 710 too, it is nice to change its looks once in a while ) try the 200B Nissan grille.
You could use the US market 810 grille from the 77-78 models if you wanted to do that. But like zetozeto99 I'll keep my rectangular headlights.

2i43z9.jpg

34ilstz.jpg

YES I HATE RULES AND REGULATIONS
Sonds like someone needs a little sensitivity, common courtesy (and perhaps grammar) training. Show me somewhere that doesn't have rules and regulations. Deal with it. My cars, at least the ones that have to be tested, have never failed a smog test. Posts like that make me look for (and find) the ignore list.

well excuse me for not knowing propper gramer and spelling! let me guse you are not a mechanic nor a smog tech g i am i see all the rules and reg that are being proposed for getting all the old cars of the road oyu know like the ones you own and yes all my cars pass and no I DONT SMOG THEM myself gee i must have hit a nerve :mad:

Guest jaimesix
Yup... there is just something about the square lights I like! Maybe after awhile I'll try the round lights if I feel like a change! ;)

I like the square lamps too. Do not get me wrong.:) What I suggested is having a second face for the car, it is fun to see how one vehicle can change so subtly, yet noticeable, with such a small detail, as the shape of a grille, lamps, etc.

I like 810s a lot, I even have a Haynes manual for it, although I have no 810s in my stable. Someday I might find the right one.

I saw that cool 810 at JCCS. Anybody knows the owner?? I did not meet him or her. I walked by the car, but there was nobody around.

Jaime.________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix
well excuse me for not knowing propper gramer and spelling! let me guse you are not a mechanic nor a smog tech g i am i see all the rules and reg that are being proposed for getting all the old cars of the road oyu know like the ones you own and yes all my cars pass and no I DONT SMOG THEM myself gee i must have hit a nerve :mad:

I hear your frustration. I had my share of fights with the system, and lost two precious vehicles to unfairness and a well implemented shady plan to ablate the state of older cars that are on the brink of becoming smog law exemptable.

When you make a statement about unfairness, please be a little more specific, a blanket statement about rules and regulations might present you as an intractable person and antisocial individual, which I am sure you are not.

You are a cool Datsun fan, and that in itself is reason enough to support you and receive you here in a welcoming fashion.

Talk to you soon!!

Jaime._____________________________________________________

http://www.oem-surplus.com/nwp/810.htm

Last one in stock.... scroll more than half way down. It's the burgundy color that we have too. I was going to buy it... but have at it.

Hat's off to ya!!I just bought that dash cap & stick console for a HUNDRED bucks.!!!!!WOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOO SON-OF-A-BITCH..it's Christmas!!

Next time i'm in South Bay,i'll look you up.

Edited by Z-train