dash pad

whitechef

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cover it in gold.... or look for one of the many threads on this.

Come on now dumshftr, why do you have to be a DICK. Suggesting someone to search? Pot calling the kettle black? How about you don't say anything at all.

Welcome Whitechef

Common fixes for a cracked dashpad are installing a dash pad cap, usually on ebay for about 80-90 bucks, or the other method is to fiberglass it smooth. Fiberglass seems like a lot of work though.

Come on now dumshftr, why do you have to be a DICK. Suggesting someone to search? Pot calling the kettle black? How about you don't say anything at all.

Welcome Whitechef

Common fixes for a cracked dashpad are installing a dash pad cap, usually on ebay for about 80-90 bucks, or the other method is to fiberglass it smooth. Fiberglass seems like a lot of work though.

come on now, I have not been posting useless crap for months, let that shit go man. and the reason I said look around is it would be better to find the threads with 100's of pics than to tell him this this or this.

I bought a real nice dash cover that was cut to fit my dash perfectly.

I found it on a website just by googling it.

There also is a company that sells dash capas that fit directly over your old one so it looks just like a stock dash cover.

I would like to see pics, the ones on ebay dont fit very good so i glassed my dash as i didnt want a 90% dash (so to speak) and want to see if these look any better.

Hi guys,

Whats the standard fix for a beat-up cracked to shit dash pad?

check into BEEBANI build thread, he did his dash in fiberglass and it looks nice

or you can contact Rubberman, he sells dash top covers.

there might be other members that have done their dash, these are the only 2 options that I can think of off the top of my head at this moment.......

Is this for a 521? I don't have one but those look like they would be easy to recover and get good results. I have a 620 and still haven't figured out what to do about the dash. Either ante up a good chunk of change for a factory pad in good shape or fabricate something that you like. Covers/Caps are available, eh.

I see were his profile says he has a 71/521 so I guess thats what hes wanting to repair.

BEEBANI did a 620 dash, O well I guess he will just have to wait and see if someone will chime in on the 521 dash repair.. :D

This is not the ones I sell! Mine fit and if you don't like them then I"ll refund your money. But I have not had to refund anyone since I've been selling them.

The best fix for your 521 is to buy a 520 dash! They are all metal on top and are a direct replacement.

Check with tjad or heck I remember pac had one. see if he still does!

• 2 weeks later...

I had two NOS nissan pads and was dumb enough to trade one off for a chrome grill. I know not such a great deal for me. I knew they were rare but after snooping around here for a while I now realize just how rare.. At least the other one is on my king cab. I must say it looks pretty sweet..:) I was told last year when I bought one of them believe it or not thru the nissan dealership parts locator, it was the only one showing I think like in NY or georgia or something ,so I called this dealership the guy says yah I knew someone would be restoring one some day.. like he knew it was in the back for ever ,So not only did he have it but delivered to my door for like 200 bucks!!!!