Score!! I think..

Picked up an 810 Wagon today.Owner claims 45 K,i say 145K(not that bad either)but after getting in and around it thuroughly,it is POSSIBLE that it is 45K.

It has one issue-it floods out as soon as it warms up.As soon as i figure that out we she hows it reallt runs.

Are there any interchangeable sheetmetal with 710's?And what else interchanges?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All 810s in the US were EFI.

810 body panels are compatible with... other 810s.

It floods because the temperature switch or thermotime switch is bad or not connected. I don't remember which is which, but they look the same on the outside, and are separate from teh gauge sender (they are on the thermostat housing). One of those switches tells the EFI system to stop using the cold start valve as an enrichment device. Problem is, disconnecting it makes it think it's always cold. What I did on my Z before I got rid of it was plugged the 2 wires to the temp switch together (about 10 inches back from the switch is a set of bullet connectors). You disconnect them to start the car when cold, wait until it starts to act rough (less than a minute usually) then plug them back together and it'll run fine. WIth the wires plugged in to each other on the harness side (not switch side) the system thinks it's hot. The thermotime switch was something like $75 last I looked. Pricey little bastard, but a 280Z or ZX will also have them if trying to find one in a junkyard.

14x7 slot mags... nice! :)

3-speed auto... not so nice

Yeah,i wasn't too thrilled either but 90% of 810s were autos.THe book lists a 4-speed option but i've never seen one.The trans is tight though.It's gonna be the wifes daily driver.Knowing her,she'll want me to do a stick conversion.

I have a few 5 speeds,but i have no idea as to their condition.I have a KA 5 speed that i know needs to be gone thru.

How hard is it to crack one open and look? anything I should replace while it's out of the truck? I have no problem going through them and checking them out when I get out there :)

Yeah,i wasn't too thrilled either but 90% of 810s were autos.THe book lists a 4-speed option but i've never seen one.

i got my old girlfriend a beige 4dr with 4spd manual, very solid car, but it didn't rev worth a dam

the thing would've kept running forever, but she sold it soon after we broke up :lol: