Junkyard Find - So Cal

Duncan

It has already been reported that their are two 1200 Coupes at Ecology Auto in Adelanto, CA. (Near Hesperia on the 395)

I went out there today looking for a part for my Coupe (and I'll have a rant about that in a minute) and I noticed they have a '80 210 wagon with an A14 and a 60 Series 5-spd that is all in tact. Nothing has been taken off the motor, and the trans still has the shifter hooked up. Ecology doesn't have their prices posted on a board like Pick-Your-Part, so I don't know what they want for a pair like that, but I wanted to let you guys know before the Austin/MG sensitive types get wind of it...

RANT ALERT: I am going to need the rubber hose that goes from the fuel filler to the gas tank for my Coupe. I looked at the two Coupes there, and the dipshit fucks that work there sawed through the hoses to remove the tanks before they put them out in the yard! Instead of removing the hose clamps, the shitheads used a sawzall because it saved them a few seconds. The assholes did it to both of them!! :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :blink: :blink:

Douchebags! :confused: :mad:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has already been reported that their are two 1200 Coupes at Ecology Auto in Adelanto, CA. (Near Hesperia on the 395)

I went out there today looking for a part for my Coupe (and I'll have a rant about that in a minute) and I noticed they have a '80 210 wagon with an A14 and a 60 Series 5-spd that is all in tact. Nothing has been taken off the motor, and the trans still has the shifter hooked up. Ecology doesn't have their prices posted on a board like Pick-Your-Part, so I don't know what they want for a pair like that, but I wanted to let you guys know before the Austin/MG sensitive types get wind of it...

RANT ALERT: I am going to need the rubber hose that goes from the fuel filler to the gas tank for my Coupe. I looked at the two Coupes there, and the dipshit fucks that work there sawed through the hoses to remove the tanks before they put them out in the yard! Instead of removing the hose clamps, the shitheads used a sawzall because it saved them a few seconds. The assholes did it to both of them!! :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :blink: :blink:

Douchebags! :confused: :mad:

I think they do to all of them. That sucks. But it's quick and easy for their dumb ass.

Guest jaimesix

Nice find. A 5 speed for an A series engine is unheard of nowadays. That is great find.

About those dorks sawing off the hoses, that is terrible. Unfortunately, the laborers working there do not give a darn, and the managers either. You get what you pay for, and that salary pays for that kind of brainless staff.

That sucks.

Perhaps another car has a similar ( in shape ) hose that could be adapted.

Jaime._________________________________________________________

Duncan that blows. Was at ecology once & saw a few trucks with holes drilled into the gas tanks..freshly drilled holes too! How bout we un-do the drian plugs guys !! And yeah those doods are makin $9 an hour & dont give a F bout what parts you need.

I'm sure I could find something to adapt. I was just pissed that one of the coupes had what looked to be a very decent hose, and those asswipes had sawed the end off.

I have a rebuilt 60 Series 5-spd in stock that's still in the wrapper, otherwise I would have grabbed that transmission myself. This particular wrecker is in the high desert, and I would have literally had to get in the sand to get this thing out of there. I'd rather have a Datto fan grab it than a MG/Sprite guy. I like keeping it in the family.

Yes, they need to remove the tank, but they don't need to cut the hoses. However, it makes economic sense to cut the hoses. A big yard going through 100 cars/month would probably go broke if they tried to save all the fuel tank hoses, then only sold one hose/month.

But a yard could be smarter...for rare cars, save the parts, put them on eBay. A few of the more savvy yards have a guy full time that just sells parts online. Chances of selling to a walk-in customer are almost zero, but on eBay they might just find that one guy willing to pay for it.

• 3 months later...

Here in AZ at Ecology, they punch holes in the gas tanks to drain the gas, instead of just removing the drain bolt. They have told me that they still will sell you a gas tank, and I asked, "why would I want to buy a gas tank from you when you've already punched a hole in it". Idiots.

Are those 1200s still in the Ecology yard in Adelanto?

Hard to say. That was before XMAS when I went out there. It is a slower yard than some of the ones here in the OC, but they may have taken the carcasses away by now.

I'd check it out, but it's 1.5 hr trip each way for me :eek: