operation ka drop COMPLETE!

jesusno2

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently you guys have never looked at the ka stock motor mounts? Made exactly like that out of 10ga. material and not boxed in. His are out of 3/16" or 1/4" and way stronger. Also, there really isn't any front to back stress on that motor, just side to side. The 35 year old rubber is gonna fail before those mounts do.;)

Understand. I'd still put a small boxing plate on the back side. It doesn't even need to run the full length. It will take the stress off the 90 degree angles where the welds are and distribute the load across the whole structure.

But.. what the fuck do I know. I'm just a stupid engineer :D

I don't have .02 cents I only got .01 cents so I m already up a creek without a paddle I can change them up some later I still gotta lot of other stuff on my plate like a raditor to get gotta get my fuel system ready to go, hoses, throttle cable, wiring. at least its mounted and not suspended buy a cherry picker now.

I think they are fine, like Beebani said its not front and back movement that is the worries me, its side to side. If you guys were to sell the mounts like that that move the ka back (If I had a 510 with a KA I would buy them!) I would add something to tie them together just to make the bolt spacing stay the same... Just a though, the SR mounts are just stamped sheet metal as well.

^ That's some funny shit :lol:

I think they are fine, like Beebani said its not front and back movement that is the worries me, its side to side.

What about when you have to slam on the brakes? If I was welding my new mounts...I would gusset or box. My welding is good and all, but it's cheap insurance against them failing and ruining all my hard work :D