Looking to buy an AMC Hornet

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix
Found this on craigslist today... Sounds like a peach.

http://medford.craigslist.org/cto/1009165842.html

Sounds good, although I doubrt the car fetches 25 mpg. I had a jeep with a 258 6 cyl in line, although powerfull and torquey, my mileage was about :( 17 mpg

My 6 cyl engine was powerfull, it had a 6=8 Clifford ceramic coated headers ( 6 into 2 into one ). MSD ignition, 38 DGES outlaw Weber, aluminun intake manifold from a late model YJ Jeep, and rebuilt motor. I would have it till now, but unfortunately I wrecked it:( Dang!!! I miss my jeep:(

jAIME.___________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix

That is no wreck, but it ended up wrecked:(. That bis my beloved jeep, you are going to make me cry Barabuda....I loved that jeep more than my own life!!!

I got to go now, ( Library) but I will come back to tell the sad story!

That was a powerfull engine, with a MSD ignition and MSD distributor amongst other cool parts....

Jaime._____________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix

Hey guys.

Yes, at library. Verizon has a monopoly in this neighborhood, I can not chose another internet company ( ATT, etc )and that is messed up.

Verizon's service is substandard, and they charge a lot, 40 dollars a month for ther cheapest service.

It is not the money, it is the principle, I will not give in to blackmail. I will hold off untill ATT can provide service at this area.

About my Jeep. It was cool Rancho Suspension, Headers, MSD ignition, MSD distributor/cables. Weber 38DGES and I was going to install triple DCOEs ( 45 ). Well, one day I was driving on the freeway, when a gas tanker begun entering the freeway via ramp. This tanker, instead of entering the freeway on the right lane, suddenly, jumped lanes and cut me off. It was raining, I tried evasive action, and flew off. I tipped over, rolled over, spun ......my car ended up in pieces.:(

Well, some day I will get my revenge. I will get another one and fixed it up right.

Never underestimate the power of a 6 in line engine. Must be a reason why BMW keeps using it, and the latter Skylines also used 6 in line engines.

Jaime.______________________________________________________

Maybe get in touch with this guy, I think he's in San Diego. http://www.ramblerparts.com/

He's well connected in the Rambler/AMC community, and if he doesn't have a Hornet, I'll bet he can find you one.

Also hit Eddie up, he's got more stuff for the AMC rigs...

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/

Since the consensus is bit sour on the AMC thing, I'll keep my long list of ownership to myself (for now). Here's my last one...

63blur.jpg

There was an 'AMX' Hornet '78-'79 with a few 'boy racer' bits. Eddie might have them. Looks pretty good slammed. The one I owned was Orange. lol...

Good luck with your search.

• 9 months later...