Fixed my 610!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix

Be very careful with the door weather strip, those rubber parts are not easy to come around.

If your quarter glass to side glass rubber part is already worn out, that would be an easier place to insert a coat hanger wire.

You can get that rubber part from "Scott's Rubber" in Australia. On the other hand, I have not found yet a source for the other one, the main window / dorr weather strip ( hardtop 2 door case. The 4 door 610 has common easier to find weather strip.)

Any pictures? Mine should be ready soon too.

Jaime.______________________________________________________

AAA used to have a sales pitch at Farmers Markets and Labor Day community celebrations where they would cut you a "credit card" spare key to induce you to fill out an insurance request. Maybe they still do it? Won't help now but I know I could loose my key without trying too hard.

I haven't gotten spare keys for the 610 becuase I never get to drive it. My 280ZX on the other had I have about 7 sets of keys I use regularly so theres about 3 sets that are lost at any given time. I just need to get more I think, my dad said he'll get them tonight but I don't know how.

Hey guys I guess my dad called a key person or soemthing. I got a spare made too. But the car is working pretty well. I found out that there was a wire loose ont eh dizzy that caused it to die on the hwy, but then the timing was all weird so I just put in a different dual points dizzy. runs pretty well now.

Guest jaimesix

Cool.

Hope to have a Datsun 610 meet soon. I know of 5 southern Cal 610s so far.

1) Nbesheer

2) Zerow

3) Demetrix

4) Orange 610 purchased earlier this year ( go back some pages in this ....

...thread )

5) Jaimesix

....plus a few up north.

Jaime._________________________________________________________

Borrow or make a "slim jim". Basically a thin sheet of metal with a notch in the end to grab hold of lock rails. Very easy on this car, doesn't mess anything up.

Thats the best/easiest option and what I would advise. The locks in datsuns are a joke, you can slim jim them in literally 10sec without damaging a single thing.

Cool.

Hope to have a Datsun 610 meet soon. I know of 5 southern Cal 610s so far.

1) Nbesheer

2) Zerow

3) Demetrix

4) Orange 610 purchased earlier this year ( go back some pages in this ....

...thread )

5) Jaimesix

....plus a few up north.

Jaime._________________________________________________________

The orange 610 from earlier in this thread is nbesheer's. He has two photos of it, as shown above. Now, I'll add number 4: sliding_creep

There are others with 610s, just need to get them in on this. There is a guy with a sweet looking '73, nbesheer knows of it. My car is going to take a slight delay as Mrs. zerow wants us to buy a house, which means Mr. zerow gets his garage, the Datsun way :D

Thats the best/easiest option and what I would advise. The locks in datsuns are a joke, you can slim jim them in literally 10sec without damaging a single thing.

depends on the datsun every time ive locked the keys in my car it takes a tow truck driver with a full lock out kit about 40 minutes to get into mine

The orange 610 from earlier in this thread is nbesheer's. He has two photos of it, as shown above. Now, I'll add number 4: sliding_creep

There are others with 610s, just need to get them in on this. There is a guy with a sweet looking '73, nbesheer knows of it. My car is going to take a slight delay as Mrs. zerow wants us to buy a house, which means Mr. zerow gets his garage, the Datsun way :D

i would love to be in on this but thats a long ass way and alot of miles on my car maybe if its done the weekend of jccs:lol:

Which is yours bonvo? I'm sad to say I have never seen a datsun lock that didn't leave me worried after I saw it. Would be a nice surprise to find a solid set up. The SRL311, 210, 510, 720, d21, 810, s30 all got jimmed by me at one point or another lol. All besides the 720 and d21 were very similar in design as well, I have just come to figure all datsuns of the era followed suite.

Which is yours bonvo? I'm sad to say I have never seen a datsun lock that didn't leave me worried after I saw it. Would be a nice surprise to find a solid set up. The SRL311, 210, 510, 720, d21, 810, s30 all got jimmed by me at one point or another lol. All besides the 720 and d21 were very similar in design as well, I have just come to figure all datsuns of the era followed suite.

mine is a 610 coupe and it is the only datsun i have seen with locks like this they dont go up and down they dont go side to side they twist there is a knob in the door that you twist to lock and unlock and all the tow truck drivers ive talked to said thats what makes it a hard lock to pic

mine is a 610 coupe and it is the only datsun i have seen with locks like this they dont go up and down they dont go side to side they twist there is a knob in the door that you twist to lock and unlock and all the tow truck drivers ive talked to said thats what makes it a hard lock to pic

Ah ya, I never seen one like that on a datsun. Def sounds like a superior design though. Wonder why they didn't use it more, maybe production or installation quarks?

Ah ya, I never seen one like that on a datsun. Def sounds like a superior design though. Wonder why they didn't use it more, maybe production or installation quarks?

or cost that and once the little knobs break its a pain in the ass im gonna be making some custom knobs out of guitar knobs but once the stockers die it sucks to lock the car from the inside

Guest jaimesix

So it is Nbesheer the one that got that orange 610 , :rolleyes: , it is red right now right? That is what was Allen's car right? What ever happened to that guy, :confused:he had 2 610s, he went to JCCS 07 with that yellow one. He attended JCCS 06 with Nbesheer's

Well, good there is a replacement for car # 4......sliding_creep. I have not seen that car, did I?

i would love to be in on this but thats a long ass way and alot of miles on my car maybe if its done the weekend of jccs

For sure JCCS would be a great opportunity. Canby could be another great opportunity.:rolleyes:

I like that system, it is unique.One of the items that caught my attention when I got inside a 610.

So it is Nbesheer the one that got that orange 610 , :rolleyes: , it is red right now right? That is what was Allen's car right? What ever happened to that guy, :confused:he had 2 610s, he went to JCCS 07 with that yellow one. He attended JCCS 06 with Nbesheer's

Well, good there is a replacement for car # 4......sliding_creep. I have not seen that car, did I?

Negative ghost rider.

nbesheer bought the car in Riverside, from the Craigslist. Alain's car had the DATSUN across the bottom of the doors. And Alain's (former) 610 had a ground up rebuild from Corporate Nissan.

Alain's orange car is who knows where. I saw some pics of it in the 610s unite thread, haven't heard hide nor hair of it since.

Check the posts for pics of sliding_creep's 610. Damn nice, reminds me of high school when I see it...

Negative ghost rider.

nbesheer bought the car in Riverside, from the Craigslist. Alain's car had the DATSUN across the bottom of the doors. And Alain's (former) 610 had a ground up rebuild from Corporate Nissan.

Alain's orange car is who knows where. I saw some pics of it in the 610s unite thread, haven't heard hide nor hair of it since.

Check the posts for pics of sliding_creep's 610. Damn nice, reminds me of high school when I see it...

you mean this one?

DCP_0012c.JPG

i remember reading a build on it somewhere on here but i cant remember where

edit: jackpot

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=3337&highlight=610

Edited by bonvo