What former car do you miss the most?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss a LOT of my old cars LOL... Most of all my second 510, which was the first car got back on the road after sitting for a long time (11years, theres been many but this was the longest)... Only surface rust, and bent front valance, and thats IT!

there she is in the background... only pic i have.

Myblue4door.jpg

Another car I have been thinking about lately is my old AE86 with silver top 20v motor, I didn't feel as attached to it cause I didn't build it, and whoever did... screwed something up, probably wiring, cause she got about 20mpg!! :eek:

I just didn't want to hassle with it... wiring looked terrible, rust in the hatch, but it had lots of potential and now that I've actually thought about it, I could have probably fixed it easy. Thems the breaks!

ae86front.jpg

ae86rear.jpg

old lightning, the boxy one. bought it from an 18 year old for 1500, ran fine. was his dads and he was in the navy and gave it to him to drive to school and back. This was when the damn rice thing had just started and he hated the truck. he never drove it, the week it was given to him he put an add in the paper. was de badged and all. he had no idea what it was! neither did i till the ride home :D bout shat my pants! 2 weeks later stupid bitch step mom "borrowed" it (she drove from GA back to fla with her friend in her turbo eclipse in 3rd and said the music was too loud to hear the engine screaming for help and blew the motor) and ran it into the back of a parked UPS truck.... bitch

the older MR2 was lighter.. dont recall the wieght, id still rock one today...I also miss my s14...(car couldnt go any lower, transmission already rubbed on speed bumps...)

5zigen.jpg

only other pic I have..rocking some meshies

240gsxr2.jpg

Edited by sanitys

i miss my 86 grand national that i putt built pontiac 400 wide block out of a 68 gto in to. that car scared me a few times. The guy i sold it to only drove it for 2 weeks and then sold it because it scared him lol. Actualey i want hem all back i had some sweet cars like my 68 caprice custom coup that i putt hydralics on and cracked the fram. And i had a sweet 64 impala station wagon i sold to my dad it was black with red leather and tweed interior with a set of 14x8 appliance creggors. (it took me forever to find those wheels since appliance went out of buisness a few years be befor i bought the car) it had 60 series white letter bf good wrench's. and it sat 3 inchs off the ground . I had straight pipes on it but it was to loude. I had to putt glass pacs on it . i will never find another 64 impala station wagon that nice again in less i want to pay boo koo bucks for one.

i also had a 64 galxy 500 xl it was baby blue with a 390 and was dumped. i wrecked it =(

befor that my 2nd car was a 70 oldsmobile with a 455 this car was the car that got me and my friends in to old v8 power. My dads friend used to own A&b auto wrecking. and he sold it to us for $100.00 turns out the original owner rebuilt the engine and put in a new fuse box and couldnt get the car to runn turns out he had hooked the fuse box up backwords ( it was a mess ).

All my buddy's where over the day it started. i rememebr it well. crank crank crank crank pop crank pop crank pop sputter pop pop pop vroom! it shot a flam out of the exhaust about 3 feet long from us haveing the timing off and all the fuel from trying to start it earlyer must have benn in the exhaust still it was awsome. that kinde off power should never be in the hands of a 16 year old. the cool part was my dad had a 72 old with a 350 wide block with 455 heads on it. it was midnight purple with penutbutter guts. I miss those days when my dad had sweet old cars. he goot burnt out on building them. and haveing to sell them when he was broke. thats one thing i admire about my dad he would sell off every thing he owned when times where bad to take care off us.

:D

I had a 1970 mercury cougar eliminator I miss a lot. Had a nice built 351C with a top loader 4 speed I put a lot of money into that car and was very very nice brand new grabber blue paint on it. And one day waiting to pull out into a busy intersection, I got pissed and hammered it, well the throttle cable half broke and got jammed up inside the plastic sleeve resulting in a stuck wide open throttle! I went for a ride! sideways thorugh the intersection back across traffic finnaly shutting the key off after I ended up in a guys yard wiping out his bushes and destroying his flowerbeds. And I hit the curb too, bending the lower A arm and busting one of my 15" highly polished slotted mags! Yea I went to jail over that one. Ended up selling the car so the cops would quit fuckin with me!!

Seems like a lot of us Ratsuns are "car guys", we like all kinds of cars, not just Datsuns. I'm also surprised how many people miss their ford rangers. The '90s rangers are very nice, I currently have a 94 mazda-ford b3000 and it's very nice for a pickup. Dead reliable, comfortable, smooth and quiet. Like a luxo-barge compared to my Datsun pickup. I don't miss it cause I still have it :-)

Cars I miss the most:

77 280z. Traded an S10 that I'd had for two weeks straight across for it. Sold it 3 years later for $2000. Want another Z, but all I seem to find in my price range are basket cases. Out of like 12+ Z, and 280zx cars I've had, this was the best. 26mpg hwy w/ a 4 speed.

zcar1.jpg

94 Z/28 Camaro. Bought it for $2000, had 129k miles on it. Still wish I had this one. Traded it in on the 04 GTO after owning it for 2.5 years. I got more money on trade in, than I originally paid for it.

MVC-006S.jpg

I have owned to many cars to count but the two that stand out in my mind are my 1991 AMG 5.6SEL, brutal car.

A60CamDump085.jpg

The other one was a 1989 Porsche 944 droptop. I can't find pics but it was such a smooth and great driving car I should have never sold it. Life goes on...

It wasnt anything special but i loved my ranger it was my favorite truck I dont know what i was thinking when i sold it

ranger.jpg

ditto, iv have had two and i loved em' i sold my last one (silver ext cab) to buy my 240Z tho. lol and the Z is an obsession (or at least thats what they tall me it is :lol:)

i've had 63 cars now in the last 9.5 years since i got my first car..lmao... i've built toooooo many toys :D

but here is the list of the one's i miss the most (ones that i still have pics of...) from miss the most/first to last

1~My first car: 84 ranger 4x4 before i went bawlz deep into it... (on my cabriolet) had it for 8 years finally sent it to the scrapper.

l_ebc55b389942e367769b5dc312f39cb0.jpg

2~my FAV! car ever... 77 rabbit race car (2.2L stroker 16v on a 100 shot of nitrous)hit a curb at 70mph and bent the chassis.

l_edb9f13b1bdcec531ac43ad0e72573f9.jpg

3~my other race rabbit, 77 1.8T big turbo bunny.. sold it cuz im a moron.

l_aa2d8177f3ee572a0a5a631c919abcc7.jpg

4~88 BMW 325IX 5spd.... if you know bmw's that says enough.. hit two tree's and flipped over at 80mph (have pics)

l_8519f344ca19b6a50b4c93e0352802de.jpg

5~Heavilly modded 01' R6 with full carbon farrings ect. ect. ect., bounced off the back of a dumb blonde bitches blazer at 40mph. (My old 91 325is race car in the background)

l_7350e538fec09f1071a8debc9d1c7822.jpg

6~300+ hp supercharged 83 rabbit GTI , sold like a moron

l_cb8a4f06e18da43a5c4580a0632b9ee6.jpg

7~92 GTI VR6-T , sold like a moron

l_298ee38d8808ffdec5709014f7f18086.jpg

l_e56b63912007eb108b908ab7c010e216.jpg

8~83 rabbit sport truck , GAVE it to moparvwfreak like a super moron.. DAMN YOU MARK!!!(i always love this pic i made of it :lol:)

l_403760a86d904dd5d74a465505f877f3.jpg

i could go on for quite some time so i think i'll just stop here for your reading sake... :fu:

Edited by sly-yota