Various things I'm looking for to restore a truck I'm taking to college

Joecar

8 minutes ago, frankendat said:

Rats, I thought GB would be able to square you away, since they are listed as the ones who supply them to the various resellers (like Rock auto) Did GB clarify any distinction between the 86 and 87 injectors?

Not really they just told me they are very hard to come by and told me rock auto is their supplier 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Joecar said:

Not really they just told me they are very hard to come by and told me rock auto is their supplier 

Don't tell anybody or assholes are going to jack up the price for old ones. I know everybody is tired of hearing "back in the day" but back in the day you could score them at the pick and pull for less than $5-and "back in the day" was 2022. 

This morning I noticed how bad my truck vibrates on the highway. Around 60-75mph it’s vibrating somewhere, it’s only when I press on the gas when it vibrates, if I let off it drives normally. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

On 5/2/2024 at 2:11 PM, Joecar said:

Another thing that’s bothering me is the handbrake light illuminating when the handbrake isn’t even engaged. What would fix this issue

IMG_3675.jpeg

The brake warning light is not just for warning that the emergency brake is on. There are two other things that can cause the brake warning light and both are extremely important.

1/ A lot of Nissans back then had a sensor in each of the brake master cylinder reservoirs to warn when the fluid gets low.

2/ There is a pressure sensor between the front and rear brake hydraulic circuits. As long as there is pressure in both nothing happens but if there is a leak causing low pressure in one the higher pressure in the other pushes the switch, it's tripped and the warning light comes on.

Late '85/'86 Z24i fuel injectors are part number 16021-89W00

The D21 Hardbody Z24i injectors are 16021-03G15 16021-41G00 or 16021-78G00

The Vanette Z24i injectors are 16021-17C00

They may interchange but if they were exactly identical the numbers would be the same I would think. For example the wire end terminals may have changed.

2 hours ago, NC85ST said:

Could it be the engine or transmission mount?

I’m not sure cause at low speeds it doesn’t feel like anything is shaking it moving

20 hours ago, Joecar said:

This morning I noticed how bad my truck vibrates on the highway. Around 60-75mph it’s vibrating somewhere, it’s only when I press on the gas when it vibrates, if I let off it drives normally. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Visually look at the exhaust pipe, look for anywhere where the pipe is near the body or drive train and might 'rub'. When the engine is under load it torques counter clockwise moving the exhaust up and down. Grab the cold pipe and pull hard and shake it... does it hit anything?

On 5/5/2024 at 3:56 PM, datzenmike said:

Visually look at the exhaust pipe, look for anywhere where the pipe is near the body or drive train and might 'rub'. When the engine is under load it torques counter clockwise moving the exhaust up and down. Grab the cold pipe and pull hard and shake it... does it hit anything?

Definitely both of the back hanger rubber bushings need to be replaced but the front of it is solid. Don’t see anything hitting eachother

On 5/7/2024 at 7:50 PM, Joecar said:

Definitely both of the back hanger rubber bushings need to be replaced but the front of it is solid. Don’t see anything hitting eachother

could be the bushings moving around hows the manifold look and are there any exhaust leaks

1 hour ago, ElliotV said:

could be the bushings moving around hows the manifold look and are there any exhaust leaks

Manifold looks to be okay but my muffler is gonna have to be replaced

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Joecar said:

Manifold looks to be okay but my muffler is gonna have to be replaced

image.jpg

image.jpg

that could very well be the source that muffler has seen some things

19 hours ago, Joecar said:

Sourced a used tailgate in rather good shape than mine, gonna be repainted but I wanted to know what bolts secured the handle mechanism, lost mine in a bucket of other bolts and what not.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm jealous mine looks like someone dropped a tree on it.