Various things I'm looking for to restore a truck I'm taking to college

Joecar

23 minutes ago, Joecar said:

$203.80 at O’Reillys? 

I didn't buy mine cause they were a gift from my dad but I think 250 sounds right I checked AutoZone and they can get them at 87 a piece for the rear 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/5/2024 at 6:01 PM, frankendat said:

I have a set of stock mirrors from an '84 720 and a set of stock mirrors from a '90 D21. If the Ratsun brain trust will tell us if they will work for you, then there are deals to be made. 

Did you get your mirrors sorted? 

Another odd question but has anyone tried wheel spacers on these trucks? I was thinking of getting a 1/2” spacer just so the wheels and tires sit flush with the fender flares and give it a wider stance

3 hours ago, Joecar said:

Another odd question but has anyone tried wheel spacers on these trucks? I was thinking of getting a 1/2” spacer just so the wheels and tires sit flush with the fender flares and give it a wider stance

Wheel spacers will give the same "issues" as they do on any other vehicle. Increased suspension wear and increased wheel bearing wear. With a .5in spacer it probably won't hurt anything as long as you know your ball joints are good and wouldn't be really any worse than a wheel with a deeper offset. If the spacer is one of those ones that acts like a giant washer I would advise against it but one that just rotated the locations of the studs would be fine. Overall though I don't really see the point but I like the slightly tucked skinnier wheels.

Better wait and get wider tires. You have 215/75R15 so 27.75" tall and 8.5" wide. To get 1/2" closer to the fender opening you need a 1" wider tire. A 260/65R15 is 9.8 " wide and 27.8" tall. Keeping the same height does not alter the speedometer or change the performance.                                                                                                                                                                        

8 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Better wait and get wider tires. You have 215/75R15 so 27.75" tall and 8.5" wide. To get 1/2" closer to the fender opening you need a 1" wider tire. A 260/65R15 is 9.8 " wide and 27.8" tall. Keeping the same height does not alter the speedometer or change the performance.                                                                                                                                                                        

I changed the tires to 235/75r15 and they seem pretty good 

That dip stick other part number is 11140-10W00 and 11140-10W01 ,it is for the 83-85 2WD and 2.0 engine.5-speed.Says it is discontinued.I found this info on a Nissan site says it fits 5 vehicles.Nissan 720 2.0L F5 2WD STANDARD 1983, 1984, 1985

Nissan 720 2.0L F5 2WD STANDARD LWB 1983, 1984.This what is posted on the Nissan site.

Edited by Thomas Perkins
1 hour ago, Thomas Perkins said:

The Dip stick has been replaced by 11140-50W01.Amazon has a new one from a company oversees for 157.27 in Japan plus 15.80 for shipping.You can get a used one on facebook.I know I can.

Yeah used one I don’t mind lmk if you find one

Okay so I just got my truck back but I’m having issues with finding the correct air filter cleaner. Someone suggested I try this but doesn’t seem to work. I plan on having EFI back in this thing but I just need this to get around and mess around with it. It’s also on top of an adapter to work on the intake.

IMG_3655.jpeg

14 hours ago, Joecar said:

Okay so I just got my truck back but I’m having issues with finding the correct air filter cleaner. Someone suggested I try this but doesn’t seem to work. I plan on having EFI back in this thing but I just need this to get around and mess around with it. It’s also on top of an adapter to work on the intake.

IMG_3655.jpeg

If your handy with a drill and a angle grinder you could make your own filter housing. Find a smaller round style filter you like and two pieces of metal for a top and bottom plate and drill a hole for the carb? I don't know how that carb mounts a air cleaner but if you can put a stud on that would make it easier.

• Like 1