Heater Core Hoses discontinued parts

I need to replace the heater core hoses on my build (75KC 620) and had to slice off the old hoses during teardown. The OE parts are discontinued, but due to the tight turn radius of these hoses I can't simply use generic straight hose as they would kink closed.

image.thumb.jpeg.0a023e0b5e906d62fa01b5e57ff002a3.jpeg

The inlet hose original PN is 27020-B5501 superceded by B7020-B5501

The outlet hose PN 27021-B5500 superceded by B7021-B5500

Anyone have a solution? Is there a decent "flex" heater hose out there?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are downloadable PDF that shows hose size and pics, well, not actual pics, but images. I think it's Gates molded hose guide. Try searching that. At least you can find a couple different hoses that might work. I buy super long hoses with lots of bends in them and cut the bends out that I need.

Will a copper elbow fit the outlet pipe (1/2"?)? If so, then a short section of copper pipe will fit in the ell and a straight section of flex style heater hose will fit between the copper pipe and the heater shut-off. You probably will have to solder the ell to the outlet pipe (with a non-flame solder joint), and maybe un-solder to take the core out for any reason. I'm assuming part #37 in the above drawing is the item you are referring to. Item #23 may be the same, depending on how close to anything else it is. I've used 1/2" copper pipe before in heater hose situations. 

Don

(if you can find a hose that will fit that will possibly be easier, as per what Stoffregen said above)

• Like 1

Thanks guys, the short hose #37 is the hard one as it has 2 bends in a short distance. I have been thinking about making a hard line out of copper (refrigeration copper if possible as thicker wall) then just using a couple of hose chunks to connect.

I may have found the long hose #23 however the Gates guide might be the best solution as then I can simply go to my parts source and tell them the PN I want.

Parts places just aren't as useful these days as staff generally not knowledgeable and rely on a VIN to list the stock bits. Yes working on an old vehicle naturally presents issues with obsolete parts, and I've compounded the situation by merging different components from different vintages together. Collectively drawing on other Ratsun members experience helps to solve problems from the ordinary to definately unusual. 👍

510 heater hoses may be able to be adapted and fit. At least the long one that runs down the side of the block.

Maybe