But it followed me home.

KELMO

To which Missus Kelmo responded; that is what happens when you put something on your trailer, dumbass.

Anywho...acquired this over the weekend.

5yE3tpm.jpg

4ZOO703.jpg

She needs some help but I may be able to get it running and driving sooner rather than later. Which, historically, for me means sometime in the next 10 years.

Needs that it has for the sooner;

Windshield and weatherstrip

Back glass weatherstrip

Battery and battery hold down

There are some wiring issues in the cab that someone along the line started to "fix" but didn't understand the meaning of the word fix

• Like 7
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Love the Escalade wheels.

I had nothing to do with that.😜

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pidge said:

Looks pretty straight.

Until you get up close, but I got a couple like that.

• Like 1
On 1/8/2024 at 9:54 AM, KELMO said:

To which Missus Kelmo responded; that is what happens when you put something on your trailer, dumbass.

Anywho...acquired this over the weekend.

5yE3tpm.jpg

4ZOO703.jpg

She needs some help but I may be able to get it running and driving sooner rather than later. Which, historically, for me means sometime in the next 10 years.

Needs that it has for the sooner;

Windshield and weatherstrip

Back glass weatherstrip

Battery and battery hold down

There are some wiring issues in the cab that someone along the line started to "fix" but didn't understand the meaning of the word fix

Whats up with the strap around the doors and roof?   Doors do not latch?  Looks like fun tho.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, bilzbobaggins said:

Whats up with the strap around the doors and roof?   Doors do not latch?  Looks like fun tho.

I wasn't comfortable with the way it closed before I loaded it on the trailer. I put the strap on as a precautionary measure. I really did not want to add 1 more thing to do to this truck.

So, the first thing to fix (or break) is the hood latch.

KLVoZ5v.jpg

I did a little bending and the release tab was still interfering with the lip on the hood, so hey, let's take it off. Used a bunch of PB blaster and got one of them off after a bit of futzing.  Seems I should have futzed with the other one a little more...snapped the bolt head off. Easy outs, drill bits, here I come.

• Like 2

So, the hood latch is fixed...for now.

Next up, I tried to push it out of the shop and it would go about 4 feet then stop. What the French, toast(or WTF). So up on the jack stands and all of the wheels move freely with the exception of the right front. Now that it has no load on it, it doesn't move at all. Read through some of the brake threads and learned a thing or two. For starters, the adjuster on the right front won't adjust. I have PB blasted it and will continue tomorrow. Some of the threads I read seemed to indicate if you take off the axle nut you can pull the whole assembly off. I will attempt that as a last resort but would prefer not doing that because I am not sure how well that will end for me.

On an up side, it did start and run...briefly so I got that going for me. I'll drain the gas tank tomorrow and maybe some other stuff I should do while it is up on stands.

I would post some pics but am fairly sure all ya'll know what brake drums look like.

Edited by KELMO

After a couple days of PB blaster and a whole bunch of love taps, the right front wheel now moves freely. Now since the weather is going to get a little better next week, I can push it out and power wash the engine bay. Then it's time to look at the wiring for the ignition switch. It has an aftermarket 4 pin switch, and I am not sure that is going to work.  From what I have been able to find it should be a 5 pin.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Ended up pulling the Rt Front hub, cleaned, regreased etc. this was done by my cousin. 

The engine bay and bed of the truck have been power sprayed.

Finally got to drive it. Decided on just a quick shot around the block and almost made it. 3 houses down from mine it crapped out on me. Possibly lack of fuel. Didn't futz with it much more that day as the brakes needed to be bled. Missus Kelmo helped me with that that on Friday. The left front will not engage so that will have to be investigated.

The electric fuel pump sounded like it was beating itself to death, so a new mechanical one has been installed.

I took pics but am having issues moving them from the phone to the computer so maybe later.

Edited by KELMO
  • Like 1

The aforementioned mechanical fuel pump. Imgr changed up some stuff and I have yet to figure out how to resize pics.

ZYXSObx.jpg

• Like 3

Drove it again and this time it made it all the way around the block. Took off the L/F drum and it appears the wheel cylinder is done for. My cousin spent a fair amount of time unravelling the dash harness. I don't have a pic just now but it looked like they wadded it up and stuffed it where the glove box should be.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Replaced the L/F wheel cylinder and now all 4 corners brake.

Replaced the rear glass weatherstrip. Got one from vintage rubber and it worked out quite well.

Checked compression and I think we are between 100 and 120 psi. I also think I need a new gauge. Seems like the previous owner may have thought TDC meant the crankshaft pulley should be in the center of the motor. Yes, it was advanced just about 3 inches give or take. We retimed it but did not get to give her a rip around the block because it started snowing this afternoon...it was 55 degrees and sunny around noon today.

The windshield has arrived and just waiting on the weatherstrip.

I should take some pictures and maybe post 'em.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Test image since Imgur went and changed the way their site works.

2tyydI3.jpg

Edit: Dammit, still gotta figure out the sizing bit.

Edited by KELMO

Vintageglass.com

Fairly certain it was in a warehouse local to me ( +/- 50 miles). I picked it up just a couple days after I placed the order. The plan is to install it later this week. The weatherstrip came from Vintage Rubber. I ordered the windshield, back glass, and the vent weatherstrips. So far have only installed the back glass and the fit was very good.