85 Nissan 720 4x4 New carpet.

Thomas Perkins

I have a few seat belt bolts lying around.  It's a 1- 1/2 under the head with or without the washer?

If  you have wrecking yard nearby, most cars prior to the 2000's used the same bolt thread for seat belts and you could get one there.  Cheaper than sending you one perhaps.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Ice man.I found some at Advance Auto Parts.They don't keep them on the shelf.You have to go to their Web Site and find them,then take the part number to them and they will get them from the back.They were only 50 cent each plus a nut comes with it.I did buy a extra one.So if you go into the store looking for them, you won't find them.The Oem ones are 1 1/4 inch from the threads to the end.Which is 1 1/2 inch from end to end.The new ones are 1 1/2 inch from threads to end.They are 1 3/4 inch from end to end.The new ones are 1/4 inch longer.But it worked.These are odd size bolts.20 threads per inch.

Edited by Thomas Perkins

I made the patterns for the kick panels today.I got some chipboard from work.It is the same material as the Oem one's,just a little thinner.What were they thinking using this cheap stuff.If it were to get wet,it will lose it's shape and tear apart like at the bottom.A American fixing a Japs dumb ways.Among many other dumb ways they made these 720's.Not much left on this truck that is original.I keep my spare tire in the shed.The last two pictures is the type of chip board we use at work.Some sheets are super big.We use metric sizes in millimeter's.All our tape measures are metric.25.4 mm in a inch.We have digital measuring tables here to measure the printing plates.We use no tape measure on finished products.We have a tolerance of.5 mm on size and bias.We have some plates that are over 2000 mm long and 1450 mm wide.We have some shears that are 2500 mm long.We can cut cut some plates 100 at a time to 10 at a time,depends on the size and gauge.We work under yellow lights so the plates don't get exposed.We did have some that had to be processed in total darkness.Technology is killing our old ways.We are the only manufacturing offset plate maker left in the U.S.A.In time,we will be gone.I got 4 more years till I retire if I live that long.Fuji had a plant in South Carolina.They shut their doors.Kodak use to make camera's.They were in Rochester,New York,were the headquarters is. My camera I use to take these pics that stamp the date on it is Kodak,bought it in 2000 at Sam's.Kodak has another company that still makes Camera's.They pay us to use the name.We still make film for the movies.I have been on my job for 31 years.Lasted longer than all the CEO'S.GkhWo45.jpg  

100_0855.jpg

100_0857.jpg

100_0858.jpg

100_0859.jpg

100_0860.jpg

s-l1600 (20).jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins

Happy Saturday.I got one of the kicker panels cut out.I used my jig saw.The original speakers that came with truck were smaller.The holes where the old kick panel and the part that holds it has smaller holes.The guy that sold the truck to me in 94 worked at Radio shack and he had Radio Shack  Optimus cassette player and Optimus speakers in it.He put bigger speakers in the kick panels and made a wooden speaker holder.I got rid of the Optimus stuff long ago and put a Kenwood C.D.in it in 2000.With Kenwood and Pioneer speakers.Now those are gone.I had a Kenwood  C.D. player with blue tooth put in it,Kenwood speakers in the back and Harmon speakers in the kicker panels.I will have to bend the kick panels on the side so they will lay up against the carpet like the original kick panels.I will re drill all the holes and use hex head screws.

100_0865.jpg

100_0871.jpg

100_0876.jpg

100_0873.jpg

100_0877.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 1

Happy Sunday All.I got the passenger side done.When I went to turn the stereo on,it said Wiring misfiring.Wow.My Kenwood has all kind of features.So I took speaker out and put electrical tape on inside of speaker.It is good now.I didn't use screws to hold the diamond plate on,I used nylon inserts.These are used to hold our cowl on,I took the cowl off before.The Diamond plate fit perfect.I used my table clamp to bend it.Now it is time to cut the driver side one,See that my blower motor is gone.

100_0884.jpg

100_0886.jpg

100_0880.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 1

Sorry no pictures.What I did was,put the Diamond plate in and pushed it into place till it lined up by the door and everywhere else and marked it on the other side where it needs bending.I have a vise clamp mounted to my work table. I put a shop towel in the clamp to keep from scratching it.I tightened it and bent it in 2 places.It came out right on it just perfect.On the diver side at the top,I had to notched it out cause of a cord up there.That chip board I used is perfect for making patterns cause it bends good.Corrugation is too stiff.Also the chip board Is great for making gaskets for our Weber and lawn mower carb gaskets.I have used it before.I cleaned the Diamond plate from my finger prints with The World's Best Glass Cleaner,it foams up and is great for tinted window's  has no ammonia in it.I have a aluminum tool box that I didn't put back on.Aluminum is so hard to clean,that has weathered.They sell them black painted one"s ,don't buy one.Aluminum is not to be painted.I do a lot of painting on yard decorations and other things.My last Toyota rims I had on my truck were Aluminum,I tried to clean them,the center caps were plastic I sold them.They were Enkiel.Aluminum doesn't weather good.You see them rims on 2000 Forerunners and 4x4 trucks.Thanks for the nice compliment.

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • 1 month later...

Beware of buying single carpet from Rock Auto parts.It is the O.C. carpet.They are saying that the carpet is too short for the single cab.When I did mine for my king cab,it was perfect.I did not get mine from Rock Auto.Parts.They are numerous people saying this.

FB_IMG_1698031746822.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins