85 Nissan 720 4x4 New carpet.

Thomas Perkins

I replaced my black carpet with Dove Gray long time ago.I changed most of the black to Gray.Black interior is so hot here in Georgia.I put Dynamat in back then.Even put Gray carpet on top of dash.I don't have the company I bought from.It was Ebay.They only go back 3 years.I replaced it the same time when I put a new heater core in cause the carpet goes under it.I don't use the Nissan heater core no more Thank God. I had two company's send me  samples.One sent me 10 and another sent me 5.The last carpet fit great.You have to trim a little at the doors and at the stick shift, 4x4 lever and seat holes.I put 2 way tape where the hump in the middle is.I do have a carpet cleaner.I will go and see if I still have the receipt for the last one.They sent them samples fast as hell.I am fixing to look at the colors and see what I want.Even had some silver ones sent,the color of my truck.Silver metallic.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Does it have a screen on the top?

Yes.I burnt my black carpet when I replaced it.I also have a top so when it rains,it won't get water in there.I have been living in my home for over 30 years and always had a burn barrel.When you buy a house here,make sure it has a burn barrel.I have a fire place.I have never used it..

16925734988037879790714475895414.jpg

16925737172875892007931182558175.jpg

16925737906387797342023043765391.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins

I just ordered my carpet.it was 159.95 and 202.88 with shipping and taxes.The company is Stock Interiors.I ordered medium gray.They are in Georgia.They have a 4.9 star rating.I bought my last one from them.I will take better care of this one.The other company I got samples from has a 3 star rating and lots of customers show pics and it looked real bad.I will install it Labor day weekend since I will have 3 days off.I also will make some new kick panels.

Edited by Thomas Perkins

I just saw that their carpet for king cab trucks is two pieces. I like that, I ordered carpet from AutoCustomCarpets and it was one piece and I ordered it with the mass backing to hopefully cut down on road noise a little. The fact that it was one big piece along with the mass backing made the carpet difficult to install properly and follow the bumps and humps of the floor of the truck. If I ever got carpet again I would not get the mass backing. I would rather put some sort of sound deadening down first then install standard thickness carpet over it.

Yeah Powder finger.This is my second one I put in from the same company.It is a two piece.Real easy to install.I put Dynamat down first.It keeps the heat out and also the noise.I will show pics once I get started.My carpet I have now is real dirty and won't come clean with my carpet cleaner.I had pics when I did it on my computer but I can't find them.

AKJS_1_20191016990782774.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins

My carpet will be here tomorrow..That was fast.I ordered it Tuesday.When I get the old carpet out.I will try to clean and if it comes clean.I will donate it to who ever will pay shipping.If not,I will put it the burn barrel.I payed 27 bucks for shipping.They are located a little over 3 hours from me,above Atlanta.

Edited by Thomas Perkins

Mine is 2 pieces I bought from these guys before.King cab has 2 pieces.The picture with the carpet sitting in the bed is 2 pieces,one on top of the other.Every place I seen sells 2 pieces for the king cab.I am going to install it Labor day week.The wife and I both have Dr.Appointments this week.The hot weather don't bother me.It has been in the 100's this week.Got my yard looking good.The Carpet is laid out in the shed.I will clean the one in my truck if you want it,just pay shipping.It is Dove gray.You have to put both stick shift holes for the 4x4 holes and the seat bolts holes  and seat belts and trim it out by the doors.If you have a heater core.It is suppose to go under it.I have no heater core.My heater core box is gone.I have a complete new heating and air system, no blower motor box no a.c. box.I will make new kick panels.Dont get the mass backing,put dynamat down,and put carpet over ot it,use 2 way tape for the hump.They still sell the clips to hold your jack rod to the rear panel.Bought me some and a new tool pouch.Also the holes for the jump seats.Whoever gets my old carpet will have all the holes done.

Edited by Thomas Perkins
12 hours ago, Thomas Perkins said:

Mine is 2 pieces I bought from these guys before.King cab has 2 pieces

You might be buying your carpet through a different distributor but that carpet is made by the same company I got mine through, ACC. They also sell through RockAuto and other companies as well, just so you know for future reference. It appears the only reason your carpet is in two pieces is, like 720_Jeff said, you didn't get the backing like I did. I sure wish I had known before ordering that the base carpet came in two pieces. Guess I should have read up on it better.

Your right,a lot of company's sale this carpet.I didn't know that mass backing comes in one piece.I didn't need that cause I put Dynamat down last time I installed the carpet that is in it now.I will post pics once I get started. I may have used 2 way tape or spray adhesive.I will know one I take it out.l I Here is what they sent me with my carpet.

1693239550360185744966625862548.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins