Replacement Fuel Tank - B210

Hi, 

So I've been trying to troubleshoot the fuel system in a 1977 B210 that I just picked up and I drained the gas tank because it has been sitting in a garage for 30 years. I could not believe how dark brown the gas was so I pulled the tank and it is rusted inside beyond repair. Does anyone know of a supplier where I could purchase a replacement fuel tank?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Radiator shops can boil it clean and coat it too....

With that said you can do it yourself too.... they sell stuff to neutralize and clean out the rust.... usually a cleaner with some rocks or chain inside the tank will be good to clean the rust.... 

After that a good degreasing and complete flush with water..... 

Then finish with this stuff....

Red-kote.... works excellent... 

It will seal any remaining surface rust.... 

Proper Prep and dry is the biggest key to success....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134643618818?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=K1uI7iO1SLm&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=2B08jY5FRkS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Screenshot_20230710-085115_eBay.thumb.jpg.e2202c0e28b6b75cb0f3c812da6ad260.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks, I took it by a couple places that specialize in this and they said it was completely beyond repair. I found a replacement tank in Florida. The only one in the country I can find but unfortunately they are not allowed to ship used fuel tanks. 

Is this a coupe (with a hatchback) or a sedan (with a trunk)? Coupe tank mounts under the car, sedan mounts in the trunk.

It sounds like the company that is going to make one for you is going to make a fuel cell. Maybe?

I see you are in BC?  If you go to www.the510realm.com, look up member byron510.  He is a big Datsun guy, more so 510's, but he might know a B210 guy in the area/region...........??

TJ

2 hours ago, Thirdman said:

I found a Fuel Tank for a 1200. It looks similar but not exactly the same. Does anyone know if this will fit in the B210? 

I traded a 1200 to a B210 guy and he brazed up the original 1200 tank. He has at least 9 b210s and probably 4 more in parts .. If that helps 

there’s a place in Eugene Oregon that boils out gas tanks and such.. I believe they even pick up and deliver when in certain areas. 

I fixed a gas tank by filling with water leaving a bubble where I was soldering with a propane torch.

I doubt it. You need a tank with three lines. One to the pump, a return and a vent to the charcoal canister.

This is a gas tank. Do it right. Each cup of fuel has the energy of 14 sticks of dynamite. The 610/710 with L20B engine should have this and also the '77-'79 S10 200sx. It not a perfect fit but they do have 3 lines and look similar.

They may simply be mistaken or they have something they were told was a '77 B-210... any amount of reasons. But it should have 3 lines. All had returns, a fuel supply and a closed fuel tank with a vent to collect evaporated fumes and store them rather than let them escape.

Can't see the pictures, don't care for Google Docs much.

11 hours ago, Thirdman said:

Someone just contacted me with a tank they say is off a 77 B210 but it only has 2 lines. Mine has 3. 

Here is a picture of mine and the one I could purchase. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k6Tq7aZTr5Y2EIDEHFNAqQTikbtKWQoe/preview

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DHIToFMFFGOQKmYtv0A2vAct3WO8BdHe/preview

Might be an early B210 tank, 1974 does not have the return line.

I'm not sure what that line on the right is for but mine has that line as well, you just can't see it in the photo.

So all I would need to do if I purchased this used tank is drill a hole and install this return line fitting and I would be good to go?

The seller says it is in good condition with no rust on the inside. It will be pricey with shipping so there is still the option of having one fabricated locally although I think I would like to get this tank if I can make it work by simply installing this fitting.