My letter to the BBB about my local Pick and Pull

sent off my complaint tonight, doubt anything will happen but I did what I felt needed to be done here it is

on 12-10-2008 I went to pick and pull in stockton ca to buy a truck cab for a project I am building. Their posted price for a cab without doors is 183.98. I had no problem paying that amount as it is what is posted. The cab I pulled happens to be a unibody design (meaning the inner fenders and core support are part of the cab) nowhere on their price board is this posted. after I had paid for my cab and was out of the gate they started yelling at me to come back in. They say they charged me wrong and the price of the cab does not include all of these parts. I tried telling them that it is part of the cab and they told me "not by our standards". I tried telling them this for 1/2 an hour until they decided they would let me have the other parts at 50% off. They didn't even give me that. they only knocked 20 off of the total. This is not the only time that they have made up prices right there at the window, on 12-4-08 they charged me 15 for a car horn when the posted price is 4.99.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

had a similar experience at my local pick n pull i found a matchbox dizzy for my car the board says $20 for a dizzy i get up there and he tells me the total is $60+ and a core charge on top of that i couldnt beleve it i pointed it out to him distributor $20 he said "but this one has electronics in it so its $60" im all it doesnt say that anywhere then i went wait a minute core charge your a fucking junk yard its not like your gonna take my old one and rebuild it your just gonna crush it i might have to write a similar letter to the bbb about the pick n pull here

usually i take the part and throw it really hard on the ground in the office and walk away, then thye cant sell it either. if i cant have nobody can. they got some dumb girls at pick-a-part here and you can really pull the wool over their eyes easy. they dont know the diff between anything, just leave the cap on the dizzy, leave suspention assembled. and hide switches mechanics wired in odd spots so they cant see them. i hucked a spoiler for something out the door one day i was so mad, it bust a windsheild and broke in half. showed them. i left an engine block in their office me and a buddy carried in. all becasue of the same type of thing, not giving it too me as it was listed.

had a similar thing happen to me. i hate when people act like this. they have no business sense when they start ripping people off. i look at it like this, if you rip me off i will never come back and also tell a shitload of people not to go there. if i have a good experience, i will be a returning customer for years to come, spending all my hard earned money on stuff i dont even need... :sneaky:

Pick-n-pull in Fresno is pretty much the same. I like going to Pick-a-part instead.

Speaking of - "they got some dumb girls at pick-a-part here and you can really pull the wool over their eyes easy. "

I found some bumperettes once and I told the girl at the counter they were bumper guards. I paid $3.49 for each side! Sumthin like $7.89 total:lol:

Pick-n-pull in Fresno is pretty much the same. I like going to Pick-a-part instead.

Speaking of - "they got some dumb girls at pick-a-part here and you can really pull the wool over their eyes easy. "

I found some bumperettes once and I told the girl at the counter they were bumper guards. I paid $3.49 for each side! Sumthin like $7.89 total:lol:

Personally I never had a problem with either of the jy when I was in Fresno. Out here on the east coast though, they think that damn near everything you try to buy is made out of gold. I've never had to haggle so hard.

Once you got out the door and it was paid 4 u should have not stopped. I got lucky with airport auto wrecking here in Port Orchard and got in good with the guy in charge. Of course that is over now sincwe they moved to the domestic yard. Also having velvetpants working @ Poulsbo Pull-part was pretty cool 2.:D Except he was Datsun guy too and had first dibs on the good stuff:blink:

the one i went to in montgomery AL. awas pretty cool, flirted with the girl behind the counter for about 10 minutes and got 15 aluminum contour valve covers (they bolt on to the focus and replace the plastic ones) for the price of steel, lol. like 7 dollars a pop instead of 20!!!!!

I always get a price qoute prior to even bothering to pull a part. Also, if a Bone Yard charges you a price different from that which is advertised, its called False Advertising and its a crime.

Take a photo of the published price, and your receipt...go see the district attorney; or threaten the Bone Yard with that. It could very well cost them their business license.