69 510 SSSR20DET Project

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When looking at your down pipe I have concerns with the waste gate not opening all the way and forcing air into the turbine wheel that will cause turbulence in the turbo and down pipe. This will slow spool up and may even cause a fluttering sound. There are lots of different ways to fix this.

A divorced down pipe is one way but much harder to fabricate.This is what I did on my 510.

IMG_9819.jpg

The easiest I would guess is to open up the flange on the wastegate side and let the air transition slowly. Similar to this.

BrakeLineHeatShield2.jpg

So is he not planing on not having the external wastegate back into the exhaust. If that the case it is going to be very load. I assumed that he was going to just put a block off plate on the external wastegate flange since the manifold works well for him. I was thinking that because his turbo in the pictures is a T25/28 with a internal wastegate. Really there is not a reason to use a external wastegate at his turbo size.

When looking at your down pipe I have concerns with the waste gate not opening all the way and forcing air into the turbine wheel that will cause turbulence in the turbo and down pipe. This will slow spool up and may even cause a fluttering sound. There are lots of different ways to fix this.

A divorced down pipe is one way but much harder to fabricate.This is what I did on my 510.

IMG_9819.jpg

The easiest I would guess is to open up the flange on the wastegate side and let the air transition slowly. Similar to this.

BrakeLineHeatShield2.jpg

The flange is machined out to let the wastegate open

b359d268.jpg

0dee54bb.jpg

6325b1c6.jpg

Ok well i ordered two top hats for the coilovers from ebay 10 bucks used. so mounted one up today looks like they are going to work. I still need a sleeve for the bottom mount.they are 4k springs so 229lbs so it should work fine

27fae429.jpg

72391b9e.jpg

4b8642e9.jpg

got a spacer made for the lower mount, looks like i need to cut my bump stops down and I put it as low as i can with the 8 inch springs, I could go lower with a 7 inch spring but we will see how low it is when i set it down on the ground

8d46b635.jpg

2584598b.jpg

If I were you I would just remove the bump stop in the old spring position. There should be one on the coilovers anyway. Oh yeah, and I agree with Icehouse, slam it. If your not tucking those 16's your not low enough.

Project is looking good though, keep up the good work.

Its sitting on the wheels finaly after about 6 months of being on jack stands. Well this is as low as it will go till I get 6 inch rear springs and 7 inch front springs, phil and mikey came buy and we ran my fuel line and mounted the fp so Monday I might be ready for a test fire.

2e2f264c.jpg

9cfebe1d.jpg

11b9c84f.jpg

beautiful work man what are you gonna dofor a sway bar? also looks like a nice shop if you werent so far away i would ask if i could get a job there :P

I will worry about a sway bar after its on the road prob go 1 inch, I have a rear one for it.

So got my parts for the tranny mount today, also got the plug for my altenator.