69 510 SSSR20DET Project

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

damn i wish i would of know i have the exact same color in some expensive paint jsut sitting in my garage its bwm alpine white i bought it to paint my other 510 with but i sold the car and now have all this paint with no use... oh welll lol

I have 18x8s on my car not totally the best for the handling side of things or braking if your running stock brakes, but from what I have seen when Mark Lowe built the car in the late 80s early 90s he just spent the time to figure out what offset to run to get them to fit and also did a mini tub like Icehouse and Duke have done to there cars, my car has stock swing arms and Troy Ermish coilovers in it and I dont have any problems other than the tires rubbing up front at full lock

IMGP0644.jpg

also have a set of 16x8s I am going to run eventually if the offset works up front with the tires mounted looks like it will when I checked without the tires mounted

newshoes3.jpg

newshoes1.jpg

Clayton

Man I love the look of 69fjwagons 72 dime. That was what I had in mind when I start on the suspension for my (71 dime) car. I think sssr20det project is coming along really well and I hope that when the time comes, I too can stand out with my badass ride. 5 months to go and Ill have a thread on my joint. (Afghanistan sucks) :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well went to my brother in laws to grab my engine to put in today and got a little side tracked, we re drilled my rear hubs for my 5 lug conversion so now I can put on my rear disc brakes and wheels. I did grab my motor and take it down to the shop but didn't want to try and drop it I'm by myself so maybe tomorrow

8274c524.jpg

1b2a0c9d.jpg

so got the motor in and was having someone else lower it while i guided it and bam the dropped it on the core support so now i have to do some touch up. also i know i have to rotate my center section for the oiling to be proper but is there a way to rotate the front section and still keep the internal gate?

anyways here are some pics

f1566de6.jpg

1a597fe1.jpg