• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

any proof? :blink:

he says its not.

my friend races with him says its not.

thats a lot of work to lie about...

Here is what I know. When Gwan brought the 2 Bluebird Coupes in he also brought a roof in I personally saw it screwed to a couple of pallets for shipping. It was a complete roof with the tops of the quarters at the quarter window's, the cowl and package tray still attached. The car he converted was a two door that the Fireman traded in when he bought the white Coupe from Gwan. If you look at the converted car first off the Vin # is covered with a sticker ( convinent ), and there is a bad sheet metal patch over the firewall covering the old steering column and brake holes. If you ask him about it he says it was to cover some rust issues ( ya right ).

To top it all off I talked to the guy that Burabuda refer's to back in the day who put the roof on the car. Anyway I think Oliver Stone is thinking about doing a movie about it soon.

I hope this helps to answer some of the questions,

Abe

Edited by Abe Froman

I have 18x8s on my car not totally the best for the handling side of things or braking if your running stock brakes, but from what I have seen when Mark Lowe built the car in the late 80s early 90s he just spent the time to figure out what offset to run to get them to fit and also did a mini tub like Icehouse and Duke have done to there cars, my car has stock swing arms and Troy Ermish coilovers in it and I dont have any problems other than the tires rubbing up front at full lock

IMGP0644.jpg

also have a set of 16x8s I am going to run eventually if the offset works up front with the tires mounted looks like it will when I checked without the tires mounted

newshoes3.jpg

newshoes1.jpg

Clayton

• 1 month later...

ok well its still in the body shop, i decided not to cut the roof off yet im still looking for one for a good price, i decided to shave the drip rails on this roof for now so here is some updated pics still have to finish shaving the rear bumper than it will go into primer.

CopyofDSCI0440.jpg

CopyofDSCI0441.jpg

CopyofDSCI0444.jpg

CopyofDSCI0601.jpg

CopyofDSCI0603.jpg

CopyofDSCI0603.jpg

CopyofDSCI0604.jpg

CopyofDSCI0605.jpg

CopyofDSCI0606.jpg

CopyofDSCI0608.jpg

CopyofDSCI0610.jpg

CopyofDSCI0611.jpg

DSCI0640.jpg

DSCI0641.jpg

DSCI0642.jpg

DSCI0645.jpg

DSCI0646.jpg

DSCI0648.jpg

DSCI0650.jpg

DSCI0661.jpg

DSCI0664.jpg

DSCI0668.jpg

DSCI0669.jpg

DSCI0674.jpg

DSCI0685.jpg

mine????

yeah mine, the PO did a decent job on the replacement. havent seen any int (good headliner :D ) around the PS 1/4 windows is bad, as is roof / trim above the door. wasnt matched properly so about 3/8" of mud 'fixed it'!

i hate not being able to see pix :cursing:

ive seen 1 w/the rails removed (wagon john???) and was impressed w/the work... but not the look.

i liked seeing the trim removed and then the seam painted to match the body, subtle yet different.

• 3 months later...

whats the big deal? its all fun...the green coupe is a fake...rotary mike is a friend of mine and i know 1st hand it is fake,and he is the one that converted it to RHD and choped the roof, and put the coupe rear lights on it....he did do it to the car rod jackson gave guan for the white coupe rod bought from him.... lets keep it fun...this is about ratsuns....love the car not hate....other peoples ideas...:D

• 1 month later...

well ive been working on headliner for the last 2 days its a bitch, got the windshield in today should have rear window in tomorrow, layed the rear harness and fixed the brake and clutch lines today should be running by next week ill take some more pics tomorrow.

well I worked on the 510 all day got the harness ran front and rear windows in headliner finished and motor dropped in, tomorrows project put tranny in drivline radiator and try and fire it up see what happens blue lake here i come

rearwindow.jpg

engineinstall.jpg