Vitamin D 1980 - 210

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad you enjoyed the thread. next pics i'll post will be of it completed, for the most part.

Everyone here had been UH-MAZING! SUPER sweet and helpful. Pretty funny too...I'm so thankful. It's a great place to be. Everyone is so supportive and provides guidance. I was SOOOOO overwhelmed at soo many times. But I just did one little thing, once a day a week, over time.

I had a goal to shoot for...I knew that I wouldn't be at the level I wanted due to time and money, but I am happy with what I have and where it sits and how I did the things I wanted to do, my way. A true car enthusiast will understand and accept that.

My car before looked like I was trying to drive around trying to get drugs...a real magnet for the po-po-ho and anyone else who wanted to steal it. Now It's more clean...at least now I can get the good shit! 😜 

Before you start your project...I would suggest LOTS of pictures before/during/after. If I can do it...you can easily do it! lol! Start a thread...I look forward to seeing your progress as well!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, witchespellmichelle said:

I also did use a 1" spacer to keep the front  wheels from rubbing on the shocks.

But now my passenger side turn signals don't work. Also, all I can smell is gasoline when I drive it, like it's running way too rich. When I drive it a little while, it dies when I don't give it gas.

Pull the plugs and have a look. That should give ya an idea if it’s rich. Might have a leak somewhere? 

• Thanks 1

EFI rarely run anything but close to perfect... or they refuse to run at all. Carburetor engines often smell of gas when starting off cold. This is because of the choke being on to force an over rich fuel mixture. If you have holes in the trunk the smell might get in.

Over all you may have a small blockage in your idle circuit and gas is not available for idling. The choke being on will mask this problem until the engine warms and the choke shuts off. Then it won't idle by itself.

• Thanks 1
On 6/6/2021 at 1:53 PM, datzenmike said:

EFI rarely run anything but close to perfect... or they refuse to run at all. Carburetor engines often smell of gas when starting off cold. This is because of the choke being on to force an over rich fuel mixture. If you have holes in the trunk the smell might get in.

Over all you may have a small blockage in your idle circuit and gas is not available for idling. The choke being on will mask this problem until the engine warms and the choke shuts off. Then it won't idle by itself.

On 6/4/2021 at 11:24 AM, datzenmike said:

Thank you for your help. Your comment really pointed out exactly how I would have meant to describe the problem.

I will have to dive into this thing once more. lol! Dammit! 🤢🙃

newer datsun had a ilde selinoud that can get plugged . when you shut the key off a litlle plunger plugs the idle jet.  If a dirty tank then it may plug up. But 210 tank is inside so maybe its not that.

also check the carb. I hd this happen on my weber DGV the accel pump diaprame on the side was leaky. everytime I cycled the gas pedal the side of carb would squirt out gas.

also a bad carb float might cause flooding but I rememer you were working on the tank hoses in back so maybe something hooked up wrong

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...