Vitamin D 1980 - 210

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 3/3/2021 at 8:48 AM, witchespellmichelle said:

@Lockleaf HAHAH that's great! I have yet to still make it to a wrecking yard...I really want to.

21 hours ago, hobospyder said:

lynnwood pick and pull on 99 just north of the harley dealership iirc. but i don't make it that far south on 99 usually and may not be anywhere near you. your location of seattle is a rather large area but i don't know any of the wrecking yards in seattle. try to stay out of seattle actually

There used to be a ton of good junkyards, but only a few left.

Lynwood pick n pull is pretty good from time to time.

row52.com has a searchable database of yards near and far.

You can save searches and have an email notification when a cart with parts you need comes into the yard.

13 hours ago, hobospyder said:

is grundys still out in lake stevens/machias?

on that note, is the one in mount vernon still open? that was the closest to me but i heard it closed

Yes, but it is called something else now. Still shows up on row52 as the new place. 

I don't think the Mt Vernon one is open. Been a while since I've been back there though. 

9 hours ago, witchespellmichelle said:

51003962076_367e8f8db9_k.jpg

51003282598_b08a8e8177_k.jpg

51003967676_81fd3b01e0_k.jpg

51003266563_d3789d55a8_k.jpg

51003269408_9a17d98137_k.jpg

51004091022_3c8b953149_k.jpg

More progress than I've made in...... 2-3 years

Doing good, keep it up

8 hours ago, ]2eDeYe said:

Yes, but it is called something else now. Still shows up on row52 as the new place. 

I don't think the Mt Vernon one is open. Been a while since I've been back there though. 

I mean, it is mount Vernon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I hit it with primer at 320.  

I had to change the way I viewed tasks like sanding.  I use it as a form of walking meditation.  I get a chance to create something when I’m sanding, and by using the natural repetitive movements I’m able to generate alpha brain waves.  It becomes an exercise in peace that way.

It took sanding from being a dreaded chore to being a calming and enjoyable exercise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Also, if I may offer a piece of advice, a lot of these skills are transferable.  Once you understand how to paint a thing properly you can use that skill in other ways.

I used these same skills and tools to remodel my first home. My mate and I didn’t have a lot of money when I was soldiering so we bought a fixer upper. We ended up with a really nice place after a couple years of work.  Once you learn how to work with your hands you can always find work doing side jobs as well.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Welp...I messed up spraying my car lol! 😆

Quite a few runs. I think I tried to do too heavy of a coat trying to cover an area. I seen a guy put painter's tape on drip lines as it was kinda tacky...so I tried that, to see if I can cover it later in another coat. I think multiple lighter coats for coverage will be better.

But I don't care how my little car looks too much...I'm already very happy and it's good enough for me. And I just wanna drive it so much! I did things my way! But with help from you all, of course! 😊 lol! Do you think that also makes you all an accessory to the bad shit too!? ☺❤

~Also, I gotta find out what diameter ALL the fuel lines are that got to/from the fuel tank. I kinda want to replace it all, so I hope I don't have to worry about gasoline ever again. 🤢

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There’s a learning curve and you’re right in it.  Nice light coats are best watching your flash times. It’s much easier to touch up a light spot by doing an extra coat of paint than to deal with runs.

I still had a few in my first couple cars so I’d say you’re right where you should be.   Good job Witch and I look forward to the pics!

• Thanks 1

soooo....about those pictures of everything before hand...

lol! I went to try and put up my fuel tank last night and i have no idea where any of the hose lines go. I would try to find a shop manual book online, like on fleabay, but I would like to have it running by then.

I know where the big hoses (filler neck) go, but the small ones *shrugs* sooo many little nozzles on the gas tank.

~Does someone know if there is a downloadable version? (free or pay...don't care)

pickup hose should be mounted low on the tank (the one hainz mentioned with the air)

return line if you have one will be higher up (i think)

then vent line to the filler cap should be near the filler hose

that's if you have a manual fuel pump. if you have an electric in tank pump.... shit, turn on the car and see where gas spurts out of and that one needs to be routed to the carb and the other would be the return. 

i'm going off of how my 620 was when i pulled and put the tank back in.... 6 ish years ago now?

• Like 1

and after scrolling up the page i see a picture of your gas tank.... all my advice is bunk except the vent tube that's right next to the filler tube

if you look in the hole can you see tubes going to the bottom of the tank where the other two lines are?

Edited by hobospyder
  • Thanks 1

If you only have two wires on the tank, then what you see is the wiring for the fuel level sender (for fuel gauge).  If there are more than two, then it is possible you have an electric fuel pump.

• Thanks 1