Guys I'm new and I need help.

baduser

How are you guys, girls

This is my first post in this forum. 

I started restoration to my 4 door 629 78 Datsun, and because it's 4 door i cat find body parts and accessories for it.

where can I find online parts for example the rear door whether seal?

Another part is a new rear tail gate shell? 

Datsun Regards 

• Like 1
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A 620 'double cab'? We didn't get them in N America but I know of them. The Middle East got them. Here we look in wrecking or scrap yards where old vehicles are 'recycled' and parts taken off and sold. Sorry, I'm not much help. Welcome to Ratsun anyway...

Hey, I've had emotional contacts with all my Datsuns. They were never one night stands.

Looks like a long wheelbase frame and a vastly shortened box. Roof is weirdly higher at the back. Does the rear seat sit higher than the fronts?

• Like 2

Rear door seals can be  made from a set of front door seals by cutting to length and gluing back together with the proper adhesive.

Good luck finding any body parts from the front doors back. Maybe Japan would be a good source. I'm pretty sure that body style was available everywhere but North America.

This guy has a lot of parts listed for sale, and a lot of them are new original parts. I bet he has a source for the hard to find stuff too - http://www.new-datsun-parts.com/

• Like 1
8 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Hey, I've had emotional contacts with all my Datsuns. They were never one night stands.

Looks like a long wheelbase frame and a vastly shortened box. Roof is weirdly higher at the back. Does the rear seat sit higher than the fronts?

Yes 😂👌🏻❤️

5 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Rear door seals can be  made from a set of front door seals by cutting to length and gluing back together with the proper adhesive.

Good luck finding any body parts from the front doors back. Maybe Japan would be a good source. I'm pretty sure that body style was available everywhere but North America.

This guy has a lot of parts listed for sale, and a lot of them are new original parts. I bet he has a source for the hard to find stuff too - http://www.new-datsun-parts.com/

Thanks,,, this guy's have some good stuff,, 😍

i would love to have a double cab 521 and double cab 620. when i was deployed to that middle east/iraq 3 x i never saw any double cab 521/620 but i did see a bunch of nissan hardbodies double cabs

Edited by gene knight
  • Like 1

The 320 Vans(V320) are 2 doors, the 4 doors were called 312s(WPL312) and they did not have the NL320 or U320 taillights, they had one of the best grills but I suppose that might be a personal view, others may like one of the four different 320 grills, the 1965 Datsun 320 grill is the closest to the WPL312 grill.

There might be a couple V320s in this country, if they are LHD they likely came from Costa Rica or they were some dealer special order.

• Like 2

2 other possible markets - Mexico and Australia. Hunting in Mexico would take a lot of effort as wreckers may not be on-line. Aussie land also got many bodies that were never imported in North America so you might have better luck there. There are members on Ratsun who may be able to confirm that.

The 521 DC looks fantastic and like others have said the roofline on the 620 DC looks a bit odd to us because of the added height. Which engine was used in your truck?

• Like 2