2 hours ago, MachineMan said:

Keeping aircraft in the air, and sending craft into space, comes with a number of hidden costs.

The first 90% of the project uses 90% of the schedule and budget.  The remaining 10% uses the next 90% of the schedule and budget, 

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• paradime

• Mattndew76

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, john510 said:

There's no rule on which font you choose to use. Don't worry about it.

Left unchecked we end up red lettering on green background in German Gothic so yeah worry about it. One guy refused to follow this and he's no longer here. There are few rules here but uniformity when posting is one.

To view in larger print.... hit ctrl +++ as many needed.

• Like 1

You can count on me to follow the rules.

My phone isn't very modern, I had no idea there was a way to do a, ctrl +++ to bump

the size of text.

I have done that on a desk top computer, so yes, it only makes sense smart phones can do the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, john510 said:

This younger generation IS a bunch of cross dressing idiots. If they don't want to apply themselves, work hard for a living and succeed I'm not too confident they'll fight for their country. The military isn't getting the volunteers it used to get for a reason.

I worked from the age of 12, and if I wanted to quit a fucked up job I got the same lecture "Ron, just get used to it. You have to apply yourself, and work hard to succeed". Letting my ambition get taken advantage of was all that shitty pep talk did for me. From 1975 to 85, unemployment for ages 16-24 averaged 15.7%. The last 10 year average, even with covid, was 9.2%. So maybe we did have to be 6.5% more ambitious to succeed. 

Compared to our generation, violent crime and homicide are much lower in the US today, but with our 7/24 fear based media, 80% of Americans believe it's gone up.  There is a clear outlier though. For kids raised with military funded first person shooter games and movies, homicide has become the #1 cause of death for this bunch of cross dressing idiots. For them, violence and aggression is alive and well. Now they cry these kids aren't willing to serve their country, but if we don't trust our government, why should they? Or should we trust the political hyperbole about our youth because they're a generation of anti-American pansies like our parents were in the 60s? I'm not sure the draft will fix their problems this time, but if the fight comes here, plenty of these kids have already proved they are aggressive, strategically trained in virtual combat, well armed, and ready to kill their enemy. I know I'm a gimp who needs protection. Why do you think I taught my kids how to use my guns? 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, datzenmike said:

MachineMan: Black Ariel font in 14 size. Bold used sparingly or it looses it's effect. 

Sorry but, "font in 14 size", went over my head,.......

I simply turned bold the default font size, which is 8.

I didn't bump the size, I just made it bold.

It may look different on an Apple computer, or a computer with different settings.

But for the record, I didn't bump the size, just made the default size bold.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, MachineMan said:

Sorry but, "font in 14 size", went over my head,.......

I simply turned bold the default font size, which is 8.

I didn't bump the size, I just made it bold.

It may look different on an Apple computer, or a computer with different settings?.

But for the record, I didn't bump the size, just made the default size bold.

bears_repeating.webp.6bf0c1422b0173ee187457130d245dab.webp

• Haha 2

bears_repeating.webp.6bf0c1422b0173ee187

This picture is a good example,.........

One computer shows 4 brown bears, another shows 3 black bears.

Or, it's a matter of perspective,.......

Or the message is, "does a bear shmit in the woods?"

When I finish up with this little truck I'm going to budget for a more modern phone.

It's obvious I'm missing stuff and getting left behind. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, MachineMan said:

bears_repeating.webp.6bf0c1422b0173ee187

This picture is a good example,.........

One computer shows 4 brown bears, another shows 3 black bears.

Or, it's a matter of perspective,.......

Or the message is, "does a bear shmit in the woods?"

When I finish up with this little truck I'm going to budget for a more modern phone.

It's obvious I'm missing stuff and getting left behind. 

LOL, it was more "Bears Repeating", your post got repeated 7 times although it looks to be fixed now.

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 2

Poor admin,..... I gotta apologize.

I clicked, and it just sat there, so I clicked again, and again.

Then I figured my posting privileges had been suspended.

So I kept clicking hoping for a reprieve.

But the Governor never called,.... just left me hanging.

LOL

MM

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey Mike, I'm sorry.

It wasn't on purpose, it was a glitch.

I'll try to be more patient,...... it's not easy for me here, I'm in California,

surrounded by about million crazy people.

I keep thinking some county maintenance clown is going to start cleaning out storm drains,.....

and I'll get a knock on the door.

(Paradime will get a big kick out of that one.)

LOL

MM

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Usually it's from a hand held device.

Mike,..... I had both hands on the keyboard!

No hand held devices involved!

You should be ashamed of yourself

LOL

MM

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, MachineMan said:

It's my vision,..... bold helps, but no problem, I always follow the forum rules.

I was also being considerate, so many people use the little screen on their phone to read and post.

Not everyone is 19 years old with great vision.

I'm pushing 68 and I have over used my eyes in the trade.

Keeping aircraft in the air, and sending craft into space, comes with a number of hidden costs.

Boeing? When is my stock coming out of the toilet?

As far as the Chinese population growth there was a popular book titled "Overpopulation of China"  written by the Author WI Fukim Yung. 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, bottomwatcher said:

Boeing?

Bottom how dare you!

I was raised in a Lockheed family!

My father worked at Lockheed for 46 years!

Boeing - Quantity

Lockheed - "Quality"

If I could afford a passenger plane,... it would be an L-1011

Boeing = The Enemy

I'm a Lockheed guy, born and bred.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

Boeing? When is my stock coming out of the toilet?

As far as the Chinese population growth there was a popular book titled "Overpopulation of China"  written by the Author WI Fukim Yung. 

Maybe the stock will come back after the trial. Federal prosecutors are recommending charges against them. That and when they decide to build a safer airplane. I'm afraid to fly anyway but there isn't any freaking way I'm getting in a Max737. Between missing bolts and counterfeit titanium somebody should be going to jail. There's no excuse period for that.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Makes 32.8 million a year and all he has to do is get grilled by congress. Hell I could do that but I probably would care a little more than him.

That guy is a weasel,.... obviously not getting enough coma in his diet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

I remember that book!

The co-author was, Won Phat Ho.

Now -a- days they are paying people to have kids,...... they are worried about a future work force.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, john510 said:

Maybe the stock will come back after the trial. Federal prosecutors are recommending charges against them. That and when they decide to build a safer airplane. I'm afraid to fly anyway but there isn't any freaking way I'm getting in a Max737. Between missing bolts and counterfeit titanium somebody should be going to jail. There's no excuse period for that.

Didn't Boeing start down hill after merging with Mcdonnell Douglas?

• Like 1

I am flying tomorrow. The cheap airlines breeze we will see what i get. Although I flew another cheap ass frontier last month on a A321 and it wasn't bad except the shitty hard assed seats. I can give a report on the airport status. Everybody screams shitty economy but there are still not enough seats in the airport to sit everybody down. Shits expensive but nobody seems to give a fuck.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Didn't Boeing start down hill after merging with Mcdonnell Douglas?

Mike if want me to spill all that I know about Boeing just say the word.

I will not run,....I will not hide,....I will not be afraid,....... it's their turn to be afraid

I'm just shy of 50 years in the trade, not counting six years in school,.......

And I lived right in the midst of those poor excuse for human beings from 1979 to 1984.

Just say the word and I spill the beans.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Makes 32.8 million a year and all he has to do is get grilled by congress. Hell I could do that but I probably would care a little more than him.

Wow.... I always ask myself what the hell the point of these "hearings" is? All it ever is, is one guy wagging his finger at some weasel who dodges every question. Nothing ever comes from it. 

It's always the same ol song and dance. It's like they all have the same script. "I do not recall", "I don't have the data at this time, but if you submit a request we will get that for you.. (never)", "that is a bold faced lie", "i can't give you any specifics but i can assure you we're looking into that".

It's all just a show to give us the illusion that somebody in Gov has our back and our interest in mind. There are never any consequences for anyone. Only consequences Fauci has gotten from all the bickering sessions he's had with Rand Paul. Is that it's made him a better more confident lier. If you watch the first hearings up until his latest ones. You can slowly see the improvement of his bullshiting abilities.

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1