Attachments

I enabled attachments for Members and Senior Members. Currently I have a trial of cloud storage so we can see how this pans out usage-wise so we can determine the cost. Since this is a free (and advertisement free) forum that is paid for out of pocket, the cost is a large determining factor. Hopefully this is a change we can keep so it will improve the forum! Also, so nobody has to get mad at us for removing it. Haha. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

Cool.

People ought to know how to resize images by now.  Is the 4MB per picture or total pictures per post?

edit: It appears it's automatically resizing, at least dimensions...

LidRails.png

It should automatically resize any image over 1200px x 1200px. It looks like 4MB per post is the limit. I'm not sure if the upload size counts against that if the image is resized though. We can change the limit if we find that's too restricting. 🙂

I have found it is just easier to set the camera to take files in the KB size rather than the MB size, they load faster and don't take up as much space.

You can see the difference in some threads, some take a while to load like in mrbigtankers thread while others photos like mine just pop right up without any delay as I take photos in KB size.

Below you see two photos, the first one is 78 kb and it took all of 2 seconds to load, the second one is 2.9 mb and it took 20/30 seconds to load, my point is if it seems to take a long time to load the photo or it will not load it at all I would suggest changing your camera settings to take photos the 4.3 VGA size or something similar, that way you won't be sitting in front of your computer being annoyed at how long it takes for the photos to load, I would not be surprised if it took more than a minute for a 3.8 mb sized photo to load, very annoying.

Wo8B3.jpg

oHZl1.jpg

Edited by wayno
  • Like 2

this one is 3.3 mega bites took about 10 seconds to load 

i guess my internet and computer is faster then wayno's

but to add text i had to post then edit 

that is probably just me 

IMG_20161002_174957747.jpg

Edited by Ranman72
  • Like 1

I found a photo that is 4.64MB, we shall see if it loads and how long it takes.

Well the file was too large and was rejected, a pop-up said the max total allowed was 4MB, that is fine with me as it takes too long to load up large files, my computer crashed all the time way back when I first joined Ratsun when people attached large files, back then I didn't know why, large files take up too much space and would likely cost way too much for Ratsun, it is so easy just to set your camera to take photos with small files(in the KB) so we can keep this option, mine is set at 4.3 VGA, I do not know what the 4.3 means, but most my photos are in the 160KB range(under 200KB).

• Like 1

Over at the Realm they have an option to donate a few bucks to keep the website going, it's not required to join the forum.

I'd gladly toss a few bucks at this forum if it meant we could attach pics and not have to worry about another shit show like the one Photofuckit caused.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Z23T said:

Over at the Realm they have an option to donate a few bucks to keep the website going, it's not required to join the forum.

I'd gladly toss a few bucks at this forum if it meant we could attach pics and not have to worry about another shit show like the one Photofuckit caused.

i agree and would donate if we could post pics without any issues