Pawn Shop D21

dukerollo

Picked up this stinky little gem this morning. It has a ton of miles on it (348xxx), but the body is solid and it drives pretty well. The interior is disgusting. I think patient X used to own this truck. 
gnnE6EI.jpg
it smells like b.o. and stale beer. 
TbrT5lM.jpg

The epicenter. My boy said that this is where the Corona virus spawned due to all of the Corona bottle caps. 

CmyicUA.jpg

WTTSvqx.jpg

overall a pretty solid little truck. 

Slammage to ensue. 

Edited by dukerollo
Didn’t like the title.
  • Like 2
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my super Gucci Linglong tires mounted up and threw them on. The trailer tires were super sketch. 

Monster truckin. 

roa37eR.jpg

And now, my favorite mod so far (beside removing the interior’s biohazard status)...

TsgiHLL.jpg

Whilst trolling the junkyard, I noticed early Frontier cabs are almost identical to the D21. I pulled the shift lever/console/boot out of a 98. It all bolts in as long as you take the floor plate dinguses too. Both the original boots had holes, so this is a ton quieter. The Frontier shift lever is much nicer than the wacky ass dog leg thing Nissan specs for the hardbody.  Shifts are much crisper. And now I has a cup holder!

• Like 4

Altitude aversion therapy was successful. 2” spindles and 3” blocks with maybe another 1” on the torsion bars. I may raise the front a touch, we will have to see how annoying it is at this height. 
YlA6ID0.jpg

FuBu2Bl.jpgI dig it. 
I do have flares I may screw around with, it is a little pokey. 

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finished up the exhaust with the new cat etc. and it still ran like garbage. I tested the fuel pressure and it was about half of what it should have been. 

Off with the bed

8X3ANKn.jpg

I put in a new fuel pump and filler hose, cleaned up everything, and painted the rails. 
Y980XGG.jpg

In my experience, fuel pumps normally work, or they don’t but this one was just lazy. The truck runs like a top now. I threw the bed back on, replaced the missing hardware, and fixed the body alignment that has been bugging me. The new leaf bushings made it sit too high in the rear again, so I redrilled the front hangers and brought it down about an inch. 
iEFdPnS.jpg

I’m happy with the stance now and it drives pretty well. 

Edited by dukerollo
  • Like 2
  • 9 months later...

It’s a semi temporary solution. I got sick of breaking/failing timing chains. I couldn’t seem to get good aftermarket parts. OBD2 and carburetors is the new hotness. 

W6iRZkG.jpg

7dsiYT9.jpg

This timing set had about 1000 miles in it. 

Edited by dukerollo
  • Like 1
On 1/24/2021 at 7:46 PM, dukerollo said:

It’s a semi temporary solution. I got sick of breaking/failing timing chains. I couldn’t seem to get good aftermarket parts. OBD2 and carburetors is the new hotness. 

This timing set had about 1000 miles in it. 

I know that feeling, I am into my KA again due to another failed guide. 

I think I have a permanent solution for my problem, yours looks wack lol. 

• Like 1