Bent valve?

Scrapson

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be clear, the water hose connects to the nipple between the intake runners (the one with the hose still attached in the above pic).

Again, if you are struggling to get this on the road, you don't need to connect this hose. It is something that helps cool the intake on hot days, but you do not need it to run.

I guess I did make an assumption in my last post, I assumed he would see the piece of hose still connected in that photo and I was bad to assume that being that double end vacuum fitting was right in the center of the photo, I have been doing this stuff so long I cannot imagine some people would not know what they are looking at, but put a complete 1981 Datsun 200SX wiring harness in front of me and I will be scratching my head for weeks trying to integrate it properly into a 521 truck with a Z20E engine installed.

Edited by wayno

did you head have the water holes??????  If not then you don't need the water line

and youll plug it by where the fuel pump is where it T eed off. On could put a a small piece of hose on there and put a put in the hose and clamp it. So you don't need to use a water lina at all.

If your head has the water passage then you need to use the metal line to the intake so warm water will help the carb in cold days.

where is your Datsun Manual??????????????????

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
On 11/11/2019 at 7:55 PM, Scrapson said:

It’s a 79 datsun 620 2.0liter never have had this or similar happen. I swear I’m here at least once a month

W58 head, so has water ports into the intake. Only the U67 didn't have these and used a heat riser set up. If you have the outlet on the intake and a U67 head you can add two 3/8" holes to get it working. If you have  the W58 just connect it up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also the head warped rather bad so I took it in the guy was like oh yeah it’ll be fine just have them deck it. Just got it back today and looked at the receipt and it was decker 12 over (12 thousands of an inch). Either my valve and piston is gonna make into one or gonna have some rally compression. 

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 5:15 PM, Scrapson said:

Also the head warped rather bad so I took it in the guy was like oh yeah it’ll be fine just have them deck it. Just got it back today and looked at the receipt and it was decker 12 over (12 thousands of an inch). Either my valve and piston is gonna make into one or gonna have some rally compression. 

NO it wont !!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Scrapson said:

Is there any sort of precaution I should do since it was decked so much. I talked to 2 mechanics and they said it should be fine but I feel like something catastrophic is going to happen.

You will be fine....

If .012 is how much they removed then that is the thickness of basiclly 3 pieces of paper....

Nothing catastrophic will happen... 

I am not sure at what point that affects your cam timming but that's the worse that will happen....

I also doubt the compression would be raised enough to matter....

Timming?

Ok Lets get this out now.

My Father is a Hawaiian from  Hana Maui was in Germany in the Army

Met my Mother in Germany

My Mother named me HEINZ typical German name, at the American Hospital  and  My Father spelled my name wrong on the birth Certificate

SO you you can tell My Father was the Hawaiian Spelling BEE Champion  and I now have the same trait passed down to me.

Remember their is only like 13 letters in the Hawaiian language so give me a break and to Im lazy to use spell ck.

If I wanted to do Pigen English(MrBigtanker would know what Im talking about)only a few here would know what Im saying. It was hard enough having a mother who mostly spoke German and a Hawaiian who always said bra and Da Kind!!!!!

Back to the subject here on shaved head just see if the marks line(HEAD /CAM/CHAIN) up when reinstalling the chain and if cam timing is slightly retarded move the sprocket up one number , youll be fine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

gerwaiian... anyways so I’ll put the intake and exhuast on but I swear to god if it has vacuum leak again from the intake manifold I’m going to just drive it and say fuck it. I got the intake manifold checked and the intake port checked on the head they were both straight not warped or twisted. Honestly no idea what’s going on there. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Gerwaiian - that's got to be a thing.

Matter of fact there was a lot of Hawaiians in Germany(US Army) in the 60s and 70s who married locals.

My fathers brother(also Stationed in Germany) married a German girl brought her back and live in the same town here in Washington.

Hana Maui is nothing there unless your into Boar Hunting and Fishing. They got out and made it. If one works for the state or county on Maui then you got a good job. Otherwise its based on Tourism.

Now it seems like the newer generation don't want to leave  or esp go in the Military and don't do much. Maybe too much SPAM slowed them down. My latter Generation of cousins just get a girl pregnant  or pregnant on their Senior yr of High School and stay with the parents).

The Military was a way out. Or at least explore other options then come back to seek out something better back home.

However Washington State has one of the largest communities of Hawaiians and Somoans anywhere else.  And however you should never start a sentence with AND I don't get along with most Hawaiians myself.  I would say, my Dad is from Hana and they look down on them as they are different and from another Island,Hana is the sticks or they got a good ass whoopping there when they was a kid. Sometimes its a tribal thing. Or really they come from the otherside of the island to fish out ones fishing or Hunting spots!!!Then goes bad again

Scrapson  hopefully youll get this done just take your time but you don't really listen to us anyways . these are really simple motors

• Like 1